PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:02 pm 
Epix Whore

looks familiar

:/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:32 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

nice!! so are we liking AOC more than WOW? im tempted to upgrade my comp in a month or 2 so coudl buy it, tho i would then be behind like i was in wow lol! but be honest, is it more fun and quicker levelling on AOC?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 1:56 pm 
Epix Whore

It's different to wow, but still the basic elements from wow and most other mmo's. Instancing, items, groups/raiding etc, just in a world that is mainly filled by humanoids.

end game pve seems to be about instancing again, I think the max raid is 24 man (max group size is 6). end game pvp on a pve server is more or less guild v guild assaulting others keeps/cities i think (max 48v48). Not sure of the benefits of this though, and there are no opposing factions like alliance/horde, so not entirely sure how it works until we get there i guess.

Just hoping the encounters towards end game are a bit more than just tank n spank.

:/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:13 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

My experience is that levelling is a bit of a bore in AoC.

Gameplay at lower levels is a bit crappy and nowhere near as fun as WoW.

The AoC assassin class is quite different to the rogue in WoW, and abilities/talents/feats are quite frankly shite.

Might get better as you get to higher levels but the game was hard work to play and, at the moment, I just cba to level.

Reached level 12 in about 4 or 5 hours but 3 hours later still only lvl 13.

Loads of people love it though - horses for courses and all that shite :)

But you can't argue with all those bouncy norks!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 2:49 pm 
N.S.F.W.

Glon wrote:
nice!! so are we liking AOC more than WOW? im tempted to upgrade my comp in a month or 2 so coudl buy it, tho i would then be behind like i was in wow lol! but be honest, is it more fun and quicker levelling on AOC?

You're joking aren't you? You've seen the spead I level! Ice ages have come and gone quicker. :oops:

You rawk Gynggyr :D You're undoubtedly my favourite welsh c*nt.
I was gonna write more, but I came directly after finishing the above sentence...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:28 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

but mate u probably still levelled 5 times to my 1!!! to be fair, my hunter was fucking speedy up to 33, then i got bored.... i level the first 30 very fast, then i get bored of the whole 5-10 hours per lvl from there on, so if aoc is slower levelling i doubt its worth me getting =(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 8:39 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I'm reading your muppets whinging about levelling speed and laughing my arse off :)

AOC and WOW are both easy to level in - that was the problem - you levelled TOO quickly.

Daoc was where it was. Hitting 50 was a nightmare but so worth it :)

Wow and Aoc hitting cap is easy and not worth the effort ultimately because the end game just doesn't work.

Sooner or later they'll realise that pve end game get's old quick for most people (even carebears) and that factional consensual PVP is the way forwards.

DAOC realised that 6 years ago and STILL hasn't been beaten (although Eve-online comes very very close)

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 10:07 am 
Hi I Got Banned Coz Im a Spamming Cunt
Hi I Got Banned Coz Im a Spamming Cunt

I agree Goose.

However they are now having to create leveling speeds for people with the attention span of a small Gnat. Even Neocron took a long time to max i think in all the time i was playing that game i never hit cap in everything. DAOC was just the ultimate killer in leveling as it was a pure grind for most part.

IMO WoW has done a lot of damage to MMO genre with its easy to pick up and play attitude and the fact its a lot of peoples first MMO so they have no older games to compare it too. They complain if the have to grind even 1 level.

Hopefully AoC's endgame siege war pvp will be worth it once we get there.

Akemi wrote:
Never ever thought i would say this, but... i agree with Xui... damn i feel like i need a shower now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 12:40 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

mongoose wrote:
Sooner or later they'll realise that pve end game get's old quick for most people (even carebears) and that factional consensual PVP is the way forwards.

DAOC realised that 6 years ago and STILL hasn't been beaten (although Eve-online comes very very close)

Why do you think AoC is just while waiting for WAR? Just looked at the crafting system, and sounds sommat fun - although dependent on others, which can be slightly not so.

From what I've heard of those who're betaing it is that you're better off disregarding the gameplay videos that've been released. Dunno how much you can trust these sources, but they've been correct before.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:17 pm 
WanabeMage

Tbh if they relax fix's the unworking feats, got the missing features in and bugged bits fix'd.
and people accept the end game is more PvP then PvE.

This would be the best mmo in a long while.
But could easily go the way of SwG if done wrong.
Only time will tell really, it'll be a good month or two befor i decided totally.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:19 pm 
N.S.F.W.

I agree with 'goose (there it's done, you can release my wife and kids) and 'xui. The older hands have more MMO experience in a variety of games and they are getting easier I feel to appeal to a wider spectrum of gamers.
Got into a debate with some tosh wad last night who insisted they had stolen the idea for an auction house from WoW. When I pointed out to this herbert that the idea of auctioning items goes way back and has been a standard in a lot of MMO's he 'asked me like which?'
When I harked all the way back to UO he didn't even know what I was talking about. I then tried to explain briefly all the great things I remembered from UO like the auction house, player made weapons/armour, gem socketing, colourable armour so you could make your own matching sets, housing, player made furniture/items, duel worlds you could switch between, one being pve t'other pvp. It's in the Guinness Book of World Records as the longest continuously running MMORPG in history. It's the granddaddy of them all.
It's 2D.
He laughed his arse off called me a codger and slunk off.
After all I'd explained to him, the 2D bit was all he heard.

I felt sad and old. I went to look at boobies. I felt better.
I remember in UO, my mates and I would chuck on our old bog standard armour enter the pvp world and farm Lich Lords as it was imposible to do on pve because of spawn campers. We'd get griefed, we'd get our own back it was all good fun. I moved on from it to bigger and prettier games but somehow I always miss the grand experiment that was UO.

The point of this ramble is this. There are some fantastic ideas floating around in the ether but I think it is up to developers to show some balls and deliberately not be the next WoW. It's doable but publishers and developers are terrified to stick their necks out.

Now my fingers need a lie down.

:wink:

You rawk Gynggyr :D You're undoubtedly my favourite welsh c*nt.
I was gonna write more, but I came directly after finishing the above sentence...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 06, 2008 1:57 pm 
Dyed Ginger
Dyed Ginger

UO feckin rocked i still miss it a long with daoc tbh nothing has come close to them two games if cammy was still an active game with peeps i no there i would go bak.. but no =((