Tarantia Noble District Arena

Post subject: Tarantia Noble District Arena
PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:51 am 
Dirty Daoc Player

Now this would be a more comprehensive guice but I'm missing information such as starting level and the quests you need to follow to participate in the arena fights. So this post focuses on the more important points such as how to get the great xp from arena fights and how not to ruin everyone elses experience of the arena.

The Arena
The Arena is situated within the tavern in the Tarantia Noble District. You have to speak to Aquilius and defeat him in an initial battle to obtain the password, which will allow you to enter the arena.
Once inside the arena, there is a singular NPC who provides the quests. There are two types: 'I want to spill some blood' quests, which are single player quests and 'I'd like a challenge' quests, which are group quests. Both types of quest provide bosses to kill of ever increasing difficulty. Note that you can be in a group for both single and group quests. If the NPC will not give you a quest then someone else may have a quest in progress, you may need to go get more levels or you have completed the arena entirely.
  • It's great XP.
  • It's buggy as you like.
  • It's a public instance, which is a source of much erm fun.
  • It's PvE only, not PvP.
As the arena is a public instance, with no queueing system, there is often a bun fight to click the NPC as quickly as possible. You will not be able to turn in a quest or get another if someone in the arena has an active quest. When you (eventually) get your quest, you make your way in to the arena and fight the boss that you have been assigned (hopefully).

How it works
As soon as a quest is taken, the appropriate boss will make its way to the centre of the arena. As soon as the boss aggros any player, the arena gate will close and noone else will be able to enter (this is important!). Kill the boss, hand in the quest and get the reward. That's all there is to it. Note that you can be in a group for both single and group quests.

Arena issues
  • If another player stays in the centre of the arena and aggros your boss before you get in the arena, the gate will close and you may not complete your quest. You may have to delete and retry.
  • If someone initiates the initial fight with Aquilius while your fight is in progress, this may bug your boss and you might not complete your quest. You may have to delete and retry.
  • As the instance is public, there is often confusion about whos boss is whos. People often tag your boss, which basically means that you don't get credit and you will have to delete and retake the quest.
  • Even when in a group, each person has to take each individual single and group quest and complete in separation to the rest of the group.
What to do:
This is just as much a 'Don't' list in reverse as doing the opposite of the below may have an adverse affect on other peoples' ability to complete the arena quests.
  • DO - If in a group, everyone stay in the arena, against the entrance wall and elect a player to keep going to get the quests. When they have finished, move to the next person. If everyone charges in and out, it will just be confusing and more often than not, someone will be left outside when the gates close.
  • DO - Help out other people, once they have tagged the boss. They may help you in return.
  • DO - Get back to the entrance wall asap after a fight. As people are starting quests continually, if you stay in the centre you may aggro their boss before they have a chance to run in to the arena and you may be left fighting a lev58 group boss on your own.

I think that's about it. I know that a few people have done the arena quests already so if I've missed anything or have made a mistake, let me know and I'll amend.

Last edited by Sift on Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:45 pm 
Dirty Daoc Player

The basts fixed the arena shortly after I wrote this post. Such is the power of Cybergings. Believe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 5:27 pm 
Blonde
Blonde

its not entirely fixed. when doing the group bosses you sometimes get 2 or more of the bosses. it happen 2 times for me and some randoms i teamed with. the first time we got agroed by 2 bosses and wiped, the second time we managed to pull 1 boss away from the other and dealt with it, but the quest failed anyway.