Class: Witch Elf

Post subject: Class: Witch Elf
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:37 pm 
Dirty Daoc Player

I really don't like playing female chars but I'm leaning towards this char, even without mention of a stealth ability. I'm wondering if 'closing long distances rapidly' means I can run away fast:

"The Look of the Witch Elf
Lightly armored and agile, capable of closing long distances rapidly
Wields long sacrificial daggers coated in deadly poisons
Armor is adorned with razor sharp hooks, and wickedly barbed metal plates"

(from http://www.warhammeronline.com/english/ ... tchElf.php)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:17 pm 
Sooooooooooooooooooopaman !!!

If you watch a witch elf vid on you tube it look s almost as if you have a jump forward/backward ability which puts you well out of hand to hand combat reach. I am not looking at to many vids though because the quality is usually shite and I dont want it to tarnish my mind :p

That said, having seen the new sorcerer class information I am leaning towards a witch Elf or a Sorceress.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:35 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I want an infiltrator equivalent.

| ASBO Allstar | Gypo Jihad | EvilNeileeeee | Gnorty Rascal | Kylie Age 8 | PSIco | Huntcliff | Bruv #1 | Eyema GonnaTakeYouToAGheyBar |

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:34 pm 
Dirty Daoc Player

I've seen a couple of Witch Elf vids tonight. Can't see any stealth as yet Neil but I'm guessing that it's not part of the bigger plan. Like Cal, I'm going to stop watching clips. From what I've seen, the Elf Witch spends much of her time performing that same 3 to 4 similarly animated attacks, from a starting stance that best promotes the right side of her labia. In the vids, I did see poisons being applied to blades and potions being imbibed. What's the bets that the perfect career compliment to and Elf Witch will be 'Alchemist' or something similar like 'Cauldron brewing' or Herbologist?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2007 11:46 pm 

no no :-) The Elf witch poisons are used via points I believe, for example you spec in them and there will be some kind of cool down.

They also have a + and - for example using one will give you extra strength for 10 seconds but will then diminish your strength for x number of seconds.

Mythic have stated there will be no stealth class, The elf witch seems to me to be the closet thing to an infiltrator/nightshade/shadowblade we are going to get. The Witch hunter for allies is their version but he gets a gun :p

To me it will be a hit and run type of char, come across a battle and head for the cloth wearers and healers. kick some ass then get the fook out of there. They seem to be selling her as a very agile class I am hoping this means some kind of self speed buff ala mincer/bard/skald.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:11 am 
Dirty Daoc Player

Cheers Cal. Will have to give that some thought. At least with the infi you knew you were shit without the element of surprise and had stealth to rely on after 6 seconds. Will see what pans out...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:17 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

thank fuck for that

Stealth classes ruin the game imo :p

I'm still going Shaman I think - that or ork chopper

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:17 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Leaning towards Chaos myself. That won't stop me from paying my green-skinned friends a visit though. Never been able to stand those stunties for long, although bashing empire should prove equally entertaining. The ones I *really* want to lay the smackdown on are HE tho. Bitches, all of them. Haven't seen anything that wants me to go DE however.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:44 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

To be honest we just need to all move en masse to where the rest of us are. Set up camp and level up there.

As long as we're all on the side of destruction there's nothing stopping us starting our path of blood and mayhem anywhere.

I still like the look fo something magicky - I also like the idea of a high dps melee character.

I'll wait and see what each class feel's like to play before I decide I think.

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 12:58 pm 

Information from the latest newsletter incase one of you has not signed up.
Seems that they have really listened to the testers with regards to RvR, especially with regards to making your character look different.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
We’re almost ready to re-open the WAR Beta, and I know that our Beta Community has been gnashing their teeth in anticipation. Guess what? They should be giddy with excitement because we’ll have an amazing amount of new features and enhancements in the game for them to test, as well as brand new Elf content for them to experience.

Before getting into content specifics, I wanted to share a quick word about our testing process as we’ll be doing things a little differently in this next phase of Beta II. Instead of bringing up the Beta server and leaving it up 24/7 for free play, we’ll be moving forward with a series of focused Beta events set around a specific concept or two. These events will last anywhere from 3-10 days and will enable us to gather specific, detailed feedback from our Beta Community in regards to specific features and locations. We’ll be bringing the server down between each event for a day or two in order to prepare for the next focused event. This will also give us time to process the feedback we receive and incorporate it in future events.

When Beta reopens, players will be treated to what we’re calling our “Dark Elf Sneak Peek”. During the first weekend, the Beta Community will be able to play through the Dark Elf starting and Tier 1 areas with two new careers. We are going to ease players back into the Beta to spend some quality time with the Dark Elves, as well as with many newly updated UI elements, such as the Tome of Knowledge. We are looking forward to hearing the community’s thoughts on these areas of the game.

Much of the testing over the next three months will be focused on RvR and the enhancements we are implementing to this system. The team has been diligently working on the Open Field RvR experience while the beta has been closed and they are anxious to debut the expanded Battlefield Objectives with ... wait for it ... new RvR Keeps.

While we aren’t ready to publicly discuss Keeps and their siege mechanics in great detail at this time, anyone that has taken part in a Keep battle in Dark Age of Camelot® will have an idea of what we have in store for WAR (though it should be noted that this new Keeps system will differ from the one found in DAoC). The addition of Keeps will bring focus and meaning to Open Field RvR and beta participants should be able to experience this new system in its early stages by the end of the year.

Player Careers have also received a lot of love and attention these past couple of months. One of the biggest issues raised during the beta was the perceived lack of differentiation between characters of the same career and same level. Why should every level 30 Warrior Priest look and play the same way?

We are actually approaching this issue from two different angles:

First, we’re introducing the concept of Career Mastery to better differentiate character abilities. This new system allows a player to customize their character’s skills to suit their desired play style. It allows an archetype career (Tank, Ranged DPS, etc.) to stay true to its role, while giving the player the flexibility to pursue specialized skills to make their character more unique. To learn more about Career Mastery, please read this week’s Beta Update posted on the WAR Herald.

Second, we are implementing our Trophy system which will allow players to visually differentiation their characters from others of the same career. This system has always been planned and is now being introduced into the game for the first time. In a nutshell, players are awarded visual bits, or Trophies, that they are then allowed to place on their character in pre-determined slots (the number of slots is determined by a characters level). Over the course of the game, you’ll literally be able to earn hundreds of these Trophies, way more than you’ll be able to equip at any one time, and display them in thousands of unique combinations.

This combination of the Trophy and Career Mastery systems, combined with our player creation options, numerous available armor sets, armor tinting system, and weapon variety will ensure that no two players will ever look the same on the field of battle in WAR.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:06 pm 
Clanger!

mongoose wrote:
To be honest we just need to all move en masse to where the rest of us are. Set up camp and level up there.

As long as we're all on the side of destruction there's nothing stopping us starting our path of blood and mayhem anywhere.

Thats not gonna work...

Xui will cap in 3 days, and judging by your speed on Mythic games you'll pobably reach level cap aroun March 2012.

Biggest reason to go core for me tbh. Work+kids+social stuff = less and less gaming time. I do prefer to play with you lot, hell, I even got a new headset with microphone for Sinterklaas just so you can all hear my soothing tones again. But thinking NC times will come back is Utopia tbh, just because people tend to play more sporadic then 5 or 6 years ago.

DAoC worked just fine for me, with the separate PvE and RvR.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:11 pm 
MothaFuka

Sift wrote:
Can't see any stealth

Isn't that the point? :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:00 pm 
WanabeMage

MauiWaui wrote:
Sift wrote:
Can't see any stealth

Isn't that the point? :)

Stop being a troll "maui forum warrior". :P

Dark elf or green skin or both depending on what job i have when it comes out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:36 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

KuifJe wrote:

Thats not gonna work...

Xui will cap in 3 days, and judging by your speed on Mythic games you'll pobably reach level cap aroun March 2012.

Biggest reason to go core for me tbh. Work+kids+social stuff = less and less gaming time. I do prefer to play with you lot, hell, I even got a new headset with microphone for Sinterklaas just so you can all hear my soothing tones again. But thinking NC times will come back is Utopia tbh, just because people tend to play more sporadic then 5 or 6 years ago.

DAoC worked just fine for me, with the separate PvE and RvR.

This is why I suspect CORE will be the option most of us choose to go.

I'm rarely online before 8:30 - 9pm these days and that's IF I even get online at all. With so many of us having erratic play times I think we'll need to go old fart parent friendly with our server choice,

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 5:49 pm 
Hi I Got Banned Coz Im a Spamming Cunt

For now count me out of any decisions ... The more i look at this game the less im finding myself inclined to want to buy it.. Maybe that will all change. but maybe .. just maybe ive out grown mmos .. who knows :P

Akemi wrote:
Never ever thought i would say this, but... i agree with Xui... damn i feel like i need a shower now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 7:38 pm 
Dirty Daoc Player

`Xui wrote:
For now count me out of any decisions ... The more i look at this game the less im finding myself inclined to want to buy it.. Maybe that will all change. but maybe .. just maybe ive out grown mmos .. who knows :P

`Xui wrote:
Fukin Waster..

Youll be back ..

They allways come back ..

F.I.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 9:42 pm 

Whelan wrote:
chelsea fan!

F.I. :P

Akemi wrote:
Never ever thought i would say this, but... i agree with Xui... damn i feel like i need a shower now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 10:04 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Core for me, I can see me having to level on my own in this due to available time so it's really the only option.

Also I don't have a problem with the old DAoC split of zones, it was the best PvP arrangement I've played in yet.

What people keep forgetting about NC is that it was a massive world with a server population the right side of 400. Those scales of population just won't be as low in WAR and so finding quiet spots will be harder.

Regardless of what the consensus is, I'm going core and probably with a buff bot.

| ASBO Allstar | Gypo Jihad | EvilNeileeeee | Gnorty Rascal | Kylie Age 8 | PSIco | Huntcliff | Bruv #1 | Eyema GonnaTakeYouToAGheyBar |

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 11:04 pm 

Well the poll suggests most of the people going core anyway.