NDA lifted post your questions

Post subject: NDA lifted post your questions
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:31 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Can tell Gangster is on order :p...Magus is the one with the disc..Sorc is just all out nuke/dot power

BTW NDA is lifted so ask away :)

Id just like to start by saying if you liked anyhting about Daoc rvr you will love this game. Think epic keep sieging 24/7 with instanced thidranki style scenario rvr when you want it... You can easily level 1-40 in rvr alone and never quest or kill a mob ever.

Edit: A little about the sorc...

The Sorc as you would expect is a tissue wearing glass cannon. Their ability revolves around the use of their special "dark magic" pool. YOu increase dark magic by use of your spells. The more dark magic you have the more chance you have of critting. At 100% dark magic you have 100% chance to crit. Although this sounds overpowered theres a drawback, your spells also have an increased chance to backfire on you the more dark magic you have, therefore to keep this going indefinately you'll need a nice friendly healer with you.
Currently the sorc also has a slightly overpowering tactic that increases crit damage by 50% but theres talk of this being removed soon as its quite ridiculous the amount of smackdown they can do with this currently.

My sorc fresh from being owned at the chaos fortress :)

http://img375.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shalaf000wb3.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:17 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

whats the whole melee in rvr like mainy?

I wouldn't mind playing a black orc or a marauder - but not if melee classes are caster/archer bait

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:40 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I don't fancy a pure melee char, quite fancy a hybrid tank perhaps, although the sorc does sound quite fun and I guess that the cloth wearers will have a better time of it with no true stealthers as they were always the bane of the RvR for my wizzy.

How does crowd control work in the game, or is it not really applicable because of the nature of the battles?

I'm glad that the RvR is a little more like the keep takes, my favourite part of DAOC was the relic raids which I guess is similar to raiding the main city.

What's the typical population split like? Which realm has the most players?

| ASBO Allstar | Gypo Jihad | EvilNeileeeee | Gnorty Rascal | Kylie Age 8 | PSIco | Huntcliff | Bruv #1 | Eyema GonnaTakeYouToAGheyBar |

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:42 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Melee I've only dealth with through marauder but its pretty good...Overall the speed of combat compared to Daoc is much slower and tbh I like it like this...theres no insta death Iwin classes ala Luri Chanter or Warlock.

Combat works much like WoW with global cooldown on abilities to prevent instant spell/style spam. For melee theres knockbacks, snares, bleed styles etc. So melee is quite interesting still.

Every class gets three types of abilities. Quickbar abilities, these are like WoW in that they are abilities you pay for when you gain levels and they place on your quickbar. These are your normal styles, spells, heals buffs etc.

Then there are morale abilities, everynow and again when you level you can purchase a morale ability, these are different to normal quickbar abilities as you have a seperate morale bar with 4 slots only. Each morale ability fits into a particular slot and as such you have to decide which abilities to equip. As you fight morale builds up and when you reach 25%, 50%, 75% or 100% on the morale bar you can fire a matching ability. These abilitiesa share a 1 minute cooldown and some of them are very good indeed (Shamans "gork sez stop!" is hilarious, a dot that renews everytime the target moves, as you can imagine causes noobs major headaches)

Finally there are tactic abilities, again these are mainly purchased as you level but there are some also available from RvR and tome ok knowledge unlocks. Like morales they have their own bar this time with 5 slots and as such you have to make choices about which to equip. These are all passive abilities and dont require you to use them. They are such things as damage increases, crit increases, exp increase, agro range reduction etc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:47 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Thankfully they have ditched mezz. They seem to be favoring zerg vs zerg battles rather than grp vs grp although theres still alot of minor cc to help control things. Ie knockbacks, stuns, snares, roots. To be effective as any class its really best to be in a good group with tanks guarding, healers healing and dps doing the bulk dmg. Atm this rarely happens as everyone is renown point horny and theres very little coordination in warbands ( 4 x groups of 6) but I reckon this will drastically improve come release.

Rvr currently feels like one long constant relic raid, with some pretty huge battles.

Order seems to be underpopulated all the time but yet they always seem to do better in open field rvr. Destr atm just seems to be the mindless Albion zerg we are used to in Daoc

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:23 pm 
Clanger!

nda lifted? ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:26 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Another screenie before i hit the hay. This time showing the dark elf mount and a greenskin Battlefield objective the Lobba Mill

http://img244.imageshack.us/my.php?image=shalaf001mq4.jpg

And yeah NDA lifted in US and will be announced by GOA tomorrow also :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:55 am 
WanabeMage

Is their collision in the game? (i.e AoC)
Or can u just walk though other players? (wow).

And I still can’t believe u all like chaos its going to be kiddie central lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:47 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Chaos have nicest tottie - tho they all are mingers compared to AoC - and no boobies- thats Xui spank material. But honestly i think t has a daoc feel:)

Plays better than AoC is in Beta still kicks ass:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:28 am 
Sooooooooooooooooooopaman !!!

It's getting so close!!!!!!!

What kind of lag did you experience during the big battles?

Do you have the ability to turn off spells/shadows/names?

What was your best moment in Beta?

Did you find yourself laughing at any point while playing the game? (give example :p)

Would you give it your seal of approval?

Post subject: Posted by Tilda a buddy of mine from FH
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:08 am 

Please note, as the EU NDA is still officially in effect, I am talking about the US beta, for which the NDA has been lifted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirennia View Post
What forms of crowd control are there and is the RvR as good/challenging as DAoCs?

End of questions I guess (Resists the urge to ask about the SotG )

Theres pbaoe roots on sorc/BW
most of the melee classes get some form of snare.
Several classes, IB, Zealot, RP, Chosen (probably more, I just cant remember) get knockdowns and knockbacks. (ie, slammed onto the ground, cant move or react, or knocked away, once you land you can carry on moving).
There are also disorients and stuns but these are rarer.
No CC lasts longer than about 10 seconds.

RvR has potential, personally I feel it lacks CC atm but when we get fixed groups at lvl 40 the CC there is may be much better utilised than at present.

Quote:
Are Squig Herders as good as i hope they are? Can you post lots of Screenies?
How good is the PvP? ON a ratio of:

DAoC old school -------------------------- WoW crappy PvP

Cant think of much more at this time.
PvP feels kinda daoc ish, except much better in terms of zone design. As I said above I think it lacks CC, but thats personal opinion and I may be wrong about that come lvl 40 proper rvr.

Squig herders are certainly awesome, I enjoy mine, getting eaten by a big squig is great fun.

Quote:
Originally Posted by arknor View Post
which class solo's group contant the best?
which class has the highest DPS?
which class has the highest burst/spike damage?

are there any classes that so far are considered to be better at pvp than any of the others?

in your opinion is the best ability/spell and why?

Hard to tell as I haven't played all classes, Engineers can certainly chain pull, while chosen and ironbreakers are slower to kill but hardly ever die.
Witch Hunter and Witch Elf have the highest dps, very good spike damage.
Over time, I dont know, perhaps some class stacking dots on lots of people but its harder to say.

Most of the classes can hold their own in pvp. Are you talking in fgvfg or 1v1?
There are some classes that do awesomely in a fg with heals, but struggle 1v1 and some that aren't as wanted in a fg and do fine on their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vell View Post
Do either of the sides look like they may be overpopulated at this early stage?

Can you give more details on the various abilities of the healer classes please
On beta servers Destruction has been fairly constantly the realm with the higher population.

Healers: st hots (usually 2/3) fast casting heal, longer casting, easily interupted heal, group heal, rez then some get buffer, shielding barrier, heal procs, gtaoe hot, bouncing heal. Most then also get some form of dps, knockbacks and dots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aada View Post
Details on the White Lion class please.

Does the pet start out small and does it grow as it lvls (gets older)
yes, every 10 levels iirc. At 31 they look pretty ferocious (just the level we're testing at atm).

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynnor View Post
Any info on crafting? What level can you start - is there grinding - will everyone be crafting or will it be for the dedicated only?

Thanks
You can start as soon as you get to the first main town, which is usually about 15-20 mins into the game at level 5-7.
You dont have to grind, if you pick up crafting as you go, and make stuff as you level up, you should be fine. Although I must say I haven't taken it on a charachter past level 15.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdriven View Post
There's something I'd like to know, as I've not majorly been following the development of the game.

How are the zones split? and what is the "mob con" system like? Standard DAoC blue>purple or a different type? What's the RvR/PvP system like?
Zones are huge, you can go from 1 to atleast level 14 in an entire zone, each zone has some pvp area somewhere, which is where it boarders with the other sides areas. Very well laid out generally.
Every now and then there is a area load, but these are few and far between.

Mob con (heh I cant actually remember) its intuitive, and then there are Champion and Hero level mobs which are harder to kill.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncr View Post
how well does the "collision system" work... or whatever it may be called I'm wondering how much this will actually effect RvR or influence the game in general. I think pretty much, tho I've never even played the game

Its good, and only active in rvr so you dont get problems in pve raids.
I haven't seen it yet, but it certainly is possible to form a wall of people blocking enemy tanks from reaching your casters easily.
There are some points in rvr (ie a gangplank to a ship with an objective on it) where one tank can easily block it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:18 am 

http://www.roguishness.com/war/gallery.php

Some nice gallery from the old guild Humberton Guard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:23 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

It was EU nda lifted also late last night

http://www.war-europe.com/#/news/?id_news=en90&lang=en

I've still got a few days of work and got fraps at the ready I'll try capture some scenarios and some keep raids.

BTW Sorc pbaoe root is pathetic...it lasts about 4 secs and is more of a "oh fuck im outta here!" kinda ability

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:27 am 

For Neilee

There is no perma-stealth class.

Both Witch Hunter and Witch Elf have "stealth" of sorts, but it uses AP constantly while stealthed and drains faster when you move, so you cant just hang around in it.
Its handy for stealting round a corner from a fight, running round and stabbing at someone, but its nothing like daoc stealth. You constantly have to balance using stealth, vs the AP loss disadvantage that it puts you at.

I am gonna be one of these bitches.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:57 am 

A couple of questions sure to get asked but I'll cover them quickly here:

"Wtf is the chicken system?"

If you go over the maximum rank for a tier the moment you flag your self for RvR in that zone you turn in to a chicken. I have NO IDEA how this will effect the Open RvR servers. But frankly I don't give a toss I'm going core the game is built with that in mind and you know what? It works all the better for it.

"Is GOAs service shit in the beta?"

No.

Magnus sorted out the keys for my self and my guild. Now the poor guy had 17 bounce back after my first e-mail and helped me sort things out adding keys individualy each day and constantly updating me when that was done. When we got in the beta patches were prompt. We were apparently less than 12-24hrs behind the Guild CB in the US. Updates were prompt from them when there was going to be down time. They worked outside of office hours to get the server restarted when need be (often!). They are now keeping us updated on class revamps that are due to arrive in the next couple of weeks. While they aren't constantly posting on the forums every single day. I can safely say there isn't a week where we go devoid of any info. I've had a much better experiance in this beta than I did with the WoW CB.

So to the doom-mongers I say:

Get off GOAs back!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kirennia View Post
What forms of crowd control are there and is the RvR as good/challenging as DAoCs?

Minimal, each class appears to have at least one snare (MDPS have a ranged snare they can apply on runners), one knockback (RDPS tends to be morale based, support/tanks have one trained), one root. The idea is to have the tank apply the snares, debuffs and be a general hinderance (share damage with group members) while the ranged nuke at a safe distance and the MDPS do their best to disrupt the healing. Each class has a fitting role unique to their class. One vs one will be imbalanced but as a group it's feels well constructed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derian View Post
Are Squig Herders as good as i hope they are? Can you post lots of Screenies?

Screenies I'll upload later. SH, personaly, I don't like them. But I haven't spent much time with them. While you can move and shoot at the same time (though at a limited ranged 65yards I believe) they feel somewhat weaker compared to the powerhouse BW/Sorc and unlike the Eng/Magus combo who we know are getting massive revamps so they live up to their name of defensive caster. SH only appears to be getting a buff to their path of stabbin'. They play, well it's hard to say. They are much more mobile, easy to change position. They are like the hit and run of casters. Pet AI needs a LOT of work done though. Fundimenty it's hit and miss a majority of the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derian View Post
How good is the PvP? ON a ratio of:

DAoC old school -------------------------- WoW crappy PvP
It's very focused on RvR, battles are huge! Forts can take up to a hr to overrun (depends on how balanced the defence is, one keep battle in T2 took over 40 mins!) Zergs are common at the moment. But a focused group of 6 could easily take down a zerg PUG of 10-12 dependent on skill.

Don't expect DAoC, it feels somewhere between the responsiveness of WoW and the focus on large warband combat that DAoC had. I enjoy it very much but I can only give you my personal opinion. If I was forced to give it a rating (my past experiances: 3 months properly RvRing in DAoC, 3 months in EVE, 14 months in Neocron, WoW before the Honour system various other MMOs) it'd be a 6-8/10. There are still class balances to address. But unlike AoC we are seeing that contantly. Mythic don't give a toss about REALLY shaking things up to see what happens. Forts and zergs are still something often debated and no doubt will be till the end of time.

There is no being locked down for an extensive ammount of time, there is no stun locking like a moron. Every class feels, potentialy, like they have a role. No one is pigeon holed in to forfilling any set role they are all adaptable. Example: Sorc - I can spec to focus fire and nuke down healers, or spec AoE and intimidate the front lines pushing people back through the zone. Some classes like DoK need to spec, in some way, damage to build the essence at a more respectable speed or spec towards healing and heal more effectively quickly but for less often due to your lack of essence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maasu View Post
What appeal does this game have over say WoW, for you as a player, what made you think (if anything at all did) that this game was something far better and far more interesting that world of warclick

Fair question considering the people looking at coming over.

- Classes. In short, they feel like they were made for fighting first and PvE second. All your skills are useful, taunt works on people, de-taunt works on people, everyone has a class role and as I said previously you're not pigeon holed to do a certain job in a certain way all of the time. You can mix it up constantly.
- No down time, no pissing about just get in and get on with it. Mastery respecs are free, so are renown respecs, tactics can be moved about and presets made.
- RvR enviroment. Each zone feels diffrent from the next, as you expand up the tiers they really become a bigger contrast. Example
-- Chaos Vs Order - Town fighting is the meal of the day, lots of back alleys to duck down to lose your persuers, lots of places to set up an ambush, MPDS & Eng/Magus will have lots of fun here.
-- Dark Elf vs High Elf - Lots of high roads and low roads. Bit un popular at the moment due to the small server numbers. Will likey be hell for anyone who isn't a caster.
-- Stuntie vs Greenskin - Massive wide open spaces, suits the zerg, expect many hit and runs from small groups. All the BOs are in precarious positions to make your life hell.
- No exessive CC, While there is knock backs (knocking someone off a cliff ftw.) You will be never stunlocked to death while the melee DPS beat 7 shades out of you. You will never be rooted excessively so you're almost instantly dead.
- TTK (Time to Kill), is much higher than WoW. You won't be one shot. If a class uses all their burst damage and morale abilities you still end up with 20-30% of your health giving you a chance to bolt for an exit or your group member to save your life. You never feel like you were rendered useless so you couldn't fight back.
- Senarios aka instances to everyone else. Now while these don't appeal to everyone some are just bloody good fun! Enviromental hazards make the fights change often. As well as the varied objectives give you a break from capturing keeps... Which brings me on to...
- World PvP. I could write an essay on how much fun this can be with mates! But remember that SS to TM zerg that happened all the time before the Honour system and BGs? Take that kind of raw fun, add XP, add renown, add capturable BOs & add keeps. Yeah you get the idea.
- PQs. To be fair some of these can be a little hit and miss. Some feel very refined and have some cool events (see the first greenskin one). Many consist of 'kill 100 mobs', kill these named mobs, kill this boss. But there are so many of them (3-5 a zone at least) it breaks things up often for you so you can jump in before going to work, get a bit of influence (think rep grinds only a hell of a lot quicker) and jump back out.
- Gear. Odd one this. Now if you've played WoW you will look like the missing member of the village people till level 60/70 and you've got your first dungeon set. With WAR your first renown set looks like the concept art for your class. Then as you gain the levels and move through tiers you add to that inital coolness then simply your outline in the distance will let people know what class you are. Each class will stand out simply from their stance and gear make up. Obviously when you move in closer and they see you wearing the ripped out spine of their friend will they turn tail and run.

Sorry if this is a bit of a mix mash of ideas but I tried to cram in every point that stood out to me on my inital play! :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by arknor View Post
which class solo's group contant the best?
which class has the highest DPS?
which class has the highest burst/spike damage?

are there any classes that so far are considered to be better at pvp than any of the others?

in your opinion is the best ability/spell and why?

- No class can solo phase III PQ's. At all.
- Should be, according to the devs, the Melee DPS so Witch Hunter & Witch Elves.
- Again Witch Hunter & Witch Elves. But have next to no defenses and get cut down by tanks very easily so it's very much hit & run once you are out of burst damage. Though the testers consider that to be the BW/Sorc atm. But you have to build 100/100 dark magic (5 seconds minimum if your cooldowns are up) and have your morale built to stage 1 at least (roughly 10 seconds in group combat). Oh and have above 50% health in preperation for backlashes!
- Err. Not really! Melee DPS get it easy in world RvR. Ranged have an easy life in Keep defence. It sounds like you are looking for a class you can solo all the content and wander about as a lone wolf in RvR. I'll tell you now, this game isn't for you. You will get a pounding very quickly if you don't operate as a team.
- Anything that has a KB! Though I quite like the BW/Sorc AoE spells it upsets the zerg. :>

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vell View Post
Do either of the sides look like they may be overpopulated at this early stage?

Can you give more details on the various abilities of the healer classes please

At the moment Destruction is over populated every day it's a 300/260 balance at the moment. But we all have templates to create level 31 toons so we can switch sides as we see fit.

All healers have:
A HoT, a small direct heal continued with a hot, a large heal, Buffs/Debuff. Their trees are split in to dmg/heals/buffs, but each tree has at least one damage spell & healing spell to compensate for that lay out. Then on top of that a unique class mechanic.

The Shammy mechanic (ranged healer) is: When he casts damage spells can reduce the cast times on his heals to make them instant and visa versa (cast heals, dmg spells are instants).
The DoK (Melee healer) mechanic is: They need to damage enemys to build up a pool of essence to cast heals. But these heals tend to have very short cast times and I think they tend to effect the people in the vicinity rather than a target (need to check on that).

Basicly. They are unique.

Quote:
Originally Posted by svartalf View Post
Is it fun?

Yes. Compared to AoC, while it has it's fair share of issues (Lag due to a poor test server, CtDs which are being rectified in patches being released this week some quests are broken but being fixed server side almost every day now). Nothing makes the game totaly unplayable. Oh yeah and there is content from rank 31-40.

Quote:
Details on the White Lion class please.

Does the pet start out small and does it grow as it lvls (gets older)

No, the pet gains armour and slowly looks more menacing, I'm not sure on the growth.

The class is able to spec in three ways: Improving your own damage, a balance between your self & your pet or improving your pet damage. The class plays a bit like a WH, many of your skills require to behind or to the side of your target to do additional damage/apply debuffs/ignore armour. They also gain a pounce ability, which apparently, means you can leap over tanks. They don't play like your conventional MDPS you'd see in WoW or LoTRO. You tend to instigate chaos within the ranged ranks, are able to sprint after runners but still able to take a bit of a battering. It's a class that needs to be experianced to be understood. They do have one glaring issue at the moment. Pet AI.

It's dire. It's something you can bite your lip about in PvE but in RvR at the moment you lion break dances on the spot while you run in to combat all too often. Mythic have promised to have this cleared up by release though and to be fair they have managed to rectify issues when they said they would previously.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynnor View Post
Any info on crafting? What level can you start - is there grinding - will everyone be crafting or will it be for the dedicated only?

Thanks

Only Apocothary is in at the moment. You can start it at rank 1 if you like, just make your way to the chapter two camp (zones are split in to tiers and within each tier is chapters, basicly hubs with quests relating to the on going story in that zone). The gathering skills are all in though (including cultivating).

Yes there is grinding, in a way, I scavange most of my materials from dead humanoids. It tends to give me enough mats to level my skills from just wandering around the zone completing quests. But the step from Tier 1 to Tier 2 is too big at the moment. Most of the items go from requiring skill levels of 1, 10, 15, 25 to 50, 75 very quickly leaving you with quite a gap. Thus making it difficult to tell at later levels if you are really required to be dedicated.

Quote:
btw whats your system specs? so i can get an idea of what i can expect on mine

Core 2 E7200, 4GB ram, 9800GTX (XFX Black edition card, the o/ced one ), SATA HD (16mb cache, 7200 RPM). It's going to be hard to say what it will feel like in beta remember we've got debuggers and various other things inside the client causing havok. Most of the time it runs fine somewhere between 60-70 FPS, but in big zergs drops to 25-40.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdriven View Post
How are the zones split? and what is the "mob con" system like? Standard DAoC blue>purple or a different type?

- There is zoning between the tiers. Tiers them selfs are split in to two zones. But they take about 20 mins to walk from top to bottom at least. Slight zone lag at the moment moving between the two zones inside the tier.
- Mob con system is ripped from DAoC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pez View Post
Is the warrior priest as bad ass as it should be?

It hits reasonably hard on cloth and heals. It's what a paladin should be!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ncr View Post
how well does the "collision system" work... or whatever it may be called I'm wondering how much this will actually effect RvR or influence the game in general. I think pretty much, tho I've never even played the game

It works, it can have an effect but most appear to be using the LOL ZERG tactic employed by WoW. I've seen a couple of videos of chosen tanks blocking bridges and crushing their attackers from behind via melee DPS. So. Well it works. :P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zlug View Post
Do we get surnames in WAR like we did at lvl 10 in DAoC?

There is a map filter for that NPC but I can't see him.

----

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikeh View Post
how does character customisation work?
like dye for armour etc.

its there lots of unique weapon looks or not?

You get a few slots for gimmicks, they unlock every 10 ranks. Haven't seen many yet though I saw a vendor selling them for a unspecified token. Armour can be dyed, usually has two a two tone look you can customize on most items.

Weapons. Hmm not really. Not thing that stands out they tend to suit your class and tend to be a bit tame for the time being. I've only seen the renown rewards so far though.
Quote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:33 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Am I the only one getting more and more excited?

I'm desperately trying not to get over-excited War just looks awesome to me.

I'll probably try every destruction class but I'm still liking the look of orcs. Probably Black Orc or Shaman tbh.

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:34 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

What do we know about shammys mainy?

I'd prefer to hear your thoughts/Gangsters thoughts because I know that I'll get a relatively balanced viewpoint.

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:43 am 

I am so fooking excited, to the point where I am starting to think about what machine I need to have to run it.

It is so going to spoil my new going to the gym 5 times a week routine, I do not however give a shit because I want to get my pointy hat out of the closet and start role playing again :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:32 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Shammy is a ranged caster/healer... They have several HoTs and insta heals as well as a long easy to interrupt big heal cast over 3 secs (same as all other healers). They also have a group heal which is also a 3 sec cast.

They gain strength by building up Waaagh which is gained by combat..More waaagh gives them the ability to cast spells stronger and faster.

As i mentioned earlier they have possibly one of the best morale abilities for comedy value: "Gork sez stop!" this insta cast dot hits for quite a bit of damage 250ish per tick iirc but refreshes whenever the enemy moves, so you can imagine the result of throwing it on fleeing enemies.
As with most of the greenskin art, they look frickin cool and have some of the coolest staffs ingame.

http://i37.tinypic.com/o8iibo.jpg

Excuse the crap image hosting links i cba digging out my webspace details and not at work to nick their space

The other ranged healer is the zealot a chaos caster healer who wields a dagger and a trinket. The odd healer is the Disciple of Khaine, a dual wielding melee healer who can quite easily hold his own in 1v1 combat and can solo Champion level mobs without breaking a sweat, while not as strong at healing as his ranged counterparts he is still quite capable if specced right of keeping groups alive.

Edit:
Personally I think the game runs quite well, while my system isn't exactly slow (e8500, 4gb, 3870x2 in quad crossfire) its still managed to stay around 80fps and only really dropping to the 30-40s in intense RVR thats running at 1600x1200 with all the details on ( although I feel they have yet to add in all the detail, but bear in mind this will currently be not fully optimised and have debugging code running in the background)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:46 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

And just for Gooseh a piccy of the Chaos Marauder wearing the tier4 renown gear and standing in Deathchill camp in Chaos Wastes.

NB Go me! figured out about IMG tags :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:07 pm 

He looks bizzare

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:12 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

moar infos!

Squig herders?

Chaos Champion (chaos tanks)

what are those like?

how easy would it be for me to start a shammy and then peg it over to the chaos areas to level up with you chaos playing noobs?

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:19 pm 

Gonna do a mix of rvr and group quests to level up, I read also that its worth starting to save in order to have the 30g for your mount at level 20.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:04 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Yeah mounts make a huge difference to quest time and travel in the rvr zones..30g is quite a bit to save for level 20 but you really don't need to buy anything else as its pretty easy to get good gear from public quests.

Every zone has a warcamp near the rvr area and I was able with several chars to run straight to it at level 1-2 after gathering enough brass coins for the flight. Each warcamp gives you flights to the main city and also the other racial pairing warcamps. So joining up will be fairly painless even at low level.

Chaos has 2 tanks, the Black Orc and the Chosen both of which I have never tried, but I can tell you Chosen uses auras whereas I think black orc is just all out brute. Marauder is more melee dps kinda similar to a Daoc Beserker

Squid herder is very similar to Daoc Hunters, ranged archer with varying pets that do different things such as ae ranged dmg, strong melee or even explode :)

Rvr scenarios are very much worth it from level 1 as you get battleranked up to level 8 (the tier1 cap is lvl11) which basically ups your damage, heals, stats and armour stats to be effectively level8 the only thing you miss is any abilities you purchase between level 1 and 8. You can quite effectively kill with this "bolster" and rvr provides quite some renown points, experience and gold. Occasionaly players even drop loot (players have their own random loot table, you wont be looting that uber purple off of some poor guy). Scenariops also give renown and exp reward on completion, more if you are the victors. Each tier has its share of quests for exp/cash that require you to kill so many enemy players or participate in a certain scenario. It is possible to stack up multiple enemy kill quests and complete them simultaneously for maximum xp/cash rewards.

Fastest way so far to level up it seems is by repeating some public quests, this also gives you good opportunity to get your hands on some uber blue/purp phat lewts. Basically public quests have the fastest spawning mob camps and you get exp rewards between each stage, which with a full group or two can be very fast.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:35 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

are we all gonna be in the same guild on this?

Or do you have some uber hardcore daocesque guild lined up mainy? :p

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:08 pm 

Does it get any more hardcore than us :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:15 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I'm currently in Savage Conclave, well we were last phase since we started Tier 4 testing we've never had enough on to reform, so will be joining them again for retail. Some of the old SC lot are going Order for some bizarre reason oO and will be known as Team Conclave.

We should make sure to be on same server though if you do decide to form your own guild and not rejoin the conclave ;) (hint hint)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:41 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

it depends - conclave we're a bit fucking prissy and hypocrytical at times for my liking :)

Daco

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:21 pm 
Clanger!

Drop a poll on their forum ... see what they think about the name Eyema Gonnatakeyou etc. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 5:45 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Maybe it would suit to be same server and form alliance i dunno, either way I hope to be on same server as you guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 6:54 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

As long as you're on a normal server Mainy I have no problem joining back up. Who from Conclave is playing? Guys like Svendoc and Xenja were complete stars, some of the others however were cocks.

| ASBO Allstar | Gypo Jihad | EvilNeileeeee | Gnorty Rascal | Kylie Age 8 | PSIco | Huntcliff | Bruv #1 | Eyema GonnaTakeYouToAGheyBar |

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:06 pm 
Dirty Daoc Player

I don't care what guild we join, as long as I'm not involved in running it. Even if we do join a guild and some people are cocks, you are likely to get that in any guild we join. If you want a guild free of cocks then set up a gings guild and limit the joining. I would like to join a guild where all the oldies are. That includes Mainy. So if SC will have us then I suggest we join. Also bear in mind that it's been a few years and those people that may have been cocks might not be cocks. But then again those people that weren't cocks.....

As an aside, have been speaking to Javai from KoP. KoP are playing WAR too so always an option there if anyone remembers them from alb/exc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:08 pm 
Clanger!

We should stop talking about Mainy...he might actually start reading this :~x

I'll happily join SC, never had real problems with them before and it would save the hassle of running guilds and worrying about numbers to do high end stuff.

Allthough Goose will meddle in it all offcourse :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:19 pm 
Dirty Daoc Player

KuifJe wrote:
Allthough Goose will meddle in it all offcourse :P

The day Goose puts down his meddling stick is the day I will be very worried :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:38 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Well, I'm definitely joining; don't want to join the TGR guild that's bound to go up, so if you'll have me (not in that way, sickos), I'm there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:45 pm 
Clanger!

Azaz wrote:
(not in that way, sickos)

Guess thats a no then! ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 8:36 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Some SC names currently playing:

Lour, Bremen, Agelmere, Xenja, Skar, Sparky, Amorin, Nate, Bluesky, Tesla, Wio, Omen, Mikal, Thoril, Gabriella, Inso, Lightning, Sarevok

And probably a whole load more im forgetting. As for old daoc guilds that i've seen:

Celtic Fist, Phoenix Legion, Knights of Pendragon, Humberton Guard, Na Fianna Dragun, Savage Conclave and again i know ive missed some ex hardcore rvr guilds ( one beggining with M totally escapes me, they were known for being very leetist) [[[EDIT : Maelstrom :p ]]]]

Im trying to find somewhere to up a movie of Howling Gorge scenario I've just taken I'll post back soon :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:03 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Blimey, must have been parenting, missed this totally.

I aint gonna talk numbers, I'm going to talk 'feel' and 'fun', coz thats what is important to me. If you want to know about DPS, burst damage and crafting fuck off and read a different post.

Things I have loved:

1. RvR right from earliest levels and you can choose to do it or not. They've managed to mix public quests with small areas, kinda like BGs but just there in the landscape. So you can join the PQ and try and get it done for the loot or you can be sneaky and flag for RvR and attack the other relam players that are trying to do their quests. Some of them get fekked off and come after you thus flagging themselves or they try and get on with it and you get kills :D I have wasted several evenings just poncing around areas like this having a complete laugh a la Thridranki. With m8s it can only get better.

2. Humour. There are jokes and swearing everywhere with NPCs and it is genuinely funny, this is most apparent with the Greenskins and the Humans. Choas and Elves dont have senses of humour.

3. No instafukyous. Nuff said. If you totally fucking hated insta group mezz followed by death in DAOC, worry not, it is definitely not here.

4. It has the good bits of WoW but none of the bad bits. I'm thinking here of nicely grouped PvE quests so travel isn't random like in AoC.

5. Everything fits with the story and you get a sense of identity like you did in DAOC with your realm and the sense of purpose that comes from being part of the bigger battle. Levelling actually has a point beyond shiny new toys.

6. You can't gimp yourself with specs. You just buy the abilities you want and use them. I'm not really a number cruncher so I have probably got this wrong, but what I mean is I have never had a problem soloing no matter how I have chosen to play my character.

7. Not one technical issue around crashing, loading, gfx or anything during the whole beta for me. Unlike that piece of shit AoC that is still bugged to fuck months after launch.

Things that might piss you off:

1. Reading Orcspeak in text if you play greenskin. There's only so much 'Roight yoo' orrible little git, Grimfaukker wants yoos to go and get 'im a load of them fuzzy wuzzy fings for 'is dinnah!' that I can take.

2. Choas can be relentlessly grey and dull. They all have raspy voices and talk like the borg.

3. The PvE quests are pretty much the same as any other MMO you've ever played. E.g. kill 10 of these, collect 4 of those, etc, etc. They do manage to add some humour and there are some great set piece things that I wont ruin for you but for the most part its the same old thing.

4. Even the beta has had cocks in it. The fact that this is probably the most awaited MMO gam of all time means the cock factor at launch ill be high. Not GOAs fault and ineveitable but just in case you had any illusions.

I'm really scrapping the barrel now. Not a lot to dislike. But don't forget, it is an MMO, you will have played much of it before. What it really has is a point to levelling again and fun PvP like DAOC.

Hit me with the questions............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:13 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Will you play Destruction? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:26 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Yeah the humor is great as Gangster says...Plenty of times i've heard NPCs shout as you butcher them. "Bollocks!!", "Ow Mi Nads!"

And today I had a quest to retrieve a fricking onion ffs. I just couldnt believe the lengths I'd been told to go for it :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:41 pm 
Dirty Daoc Player

Please deliver my copy of the game NOW!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:06 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Guys, thanks to all of you for taking the time to post now the NDA has been lifted, I was quite apprehensive after the ordering the collectors edition, but now I'm really looking forward to it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:14 pm 
Pub Barman
Pub Barman

I've been trying not to get too excited about this game, but after reading this thread the front of my underpants appears to be extremely damp.

I'm just chuffed to see the enthusiasm from all the oldies, I was beginning to think the fun times of DAoC and Neocron were but a distant memory! Bring on the good times! :D

I'll most likely be a late starter as the release coincides with me moving into my recently purchased house with the missus (I've finally bit the bullet!)

Can't wait to see you guys ingame!

<3

Last edited by Fish3r on Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:16 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Howling Gorge Scenario

Objective : Grab the powder keg from the center and take it to the enemy camp and detonate it. If enemy has the keg you must stop them, killing the keg carrier resets the keg back to center.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8t6seufEj8

TBH tons of fun for all classes it seems, melee get to butcher people by the truck load, casters get to AE like crazy and stealthers make perfect detonation camp defenders

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:34 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

FFS youtube removed the video for some gay fucking reason...Ill find a decent place tomorrow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:38 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Neileee - can I have the figure that comes with the collectors edition please?

Azaz - I'll play destruction mate

mainy - I suspect I'll either join sc if they'll take me or I'll join a friends guild from eve.

Class wise I'm leaning towards shaman still. I suspect I'll also get a black orc and a squig herder if you can have multiple chars.

Isquish and Dacovale will live again!

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:03 am 
Trained Forum Monkey

Just tell me what server and guild and i'll be there.

I'll go whatever class everyone else hasn't - this will probably be a healer class as per usual :)

Givf now!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:18 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Il prolly join yas at some point, dunno if it will be from launch atm tho

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:23 am 
WanabeMage

orc and gobby healers look fun tbh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:48 am 

Fisher does that mean you will buy a microphone?

I was obviously in Knights of Pendragon in DAOC and the were a great bunch of people, nothing was to much hassle for them, the guild was very well run and they always had an active part in all aspects of the Albion realm whether through running PVE raids or taking the relics and being a constant thorn in the sides of the enemies.

I would prefer to play with all of you guys, well because it's fun.
I am with Jay I just want to have fun with my mates dying and killing shit, I have no desire to farm a dungeon for 18 hours for the possibility of some boots. I will however farm said dungeon for 18 hours for a laugh and if anyone gets something cool then its a bonus.

I do not want to be around people with no sense of humor, its a new game and I want to enjoy,cant be doing with no people complaining about char names and shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:54 am 
Trained Forum Monkey

Quote:
I would prefer to play with all of you guys, well because it's fun.

Quote:
I do not want to be around people with no sense of humor,

Anyone else spot the error?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 6:48 pm 
Pub Barman
Pub Barman

Cal - it's the first item on the shopping list. ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:35 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

aye but fish will you get it soon enough

Tis the time for WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHHH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 8:52 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

mongoose wrote:
Neileee - can I have the figure that comes with the collectors edition please?

Nope tis gonna be my lucky mascot :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:41 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

mongoose wrote:
Azaz - I'll play destruction mate

I wasn't asking you! ;)

I just hope I get my Collector's Edition; I know I've preordered one, but Game likes to mess shit up.

Else I'll just be satisfied with the regular edition, I suppose.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 12:41 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I want the figure that comes with the collectors edition :(
someone help meout - I'm gonna paint him n everythin!

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:15 am 

I can pose like a witch elf and let you paint me if you want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:54 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

mongoose wrote:

M

IF I get the CE

and IF I don't want the figure (what figure?)

you can have it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 6:05 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

mongoose wrote:

M

Buy it you cheapskate...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:58 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Closed Beta ends on Monday...Servers down until open beta....OMFG what will i do!!!!!

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:02 pm 
Dyed Ginger
Dyed Ginger

I need sumthing to do so cant w8 till its out (tis really boring on wow when not raiding) will prolly go healer or tank aslong as there both do good at rvr :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:14 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Mainman wrote:
OMFG what will i do!!!!!

Go outside? Chances are once the games released you won't see much of it knowing you're devotion to MMO's when you enjoy them :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:41 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Thankfully my 2 week work holiday also ends monday so the timing is impeccable....

What is this "outside" you speak of? Its not in my Tome of Knowledge...Does it have PQs? Is it contested? :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:48 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

you can't get the collectors edition anymore

otherwise I'd have bought it

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:19 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

You snooze, you lose.

Reckon they will release anymore now the dates been confirmed? Could be worth keeping an eye out incase anyone cancels their pre-order for the collectors edition.

Can't you buy it instore at HMV? I thought one of the highstreet stores were doing the CE too?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:05 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Which destruction class is best suited to DoT's and AoE DoT's. Plus can these be compounded through RvR abilities? I'm looking for something spammable like a matter cabby so a 20day cooldown isn't much use to me, I want to be stacking DoTs and then legging it back behind ramparts :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:23 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

That would be a Sorceror, they get dot and ae dot as well as a crapload more cool aoe effects.

They can be heavily specced in the dot line for more damage too. RvR will give you tactics and stat increases that help further.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:48 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

*sold*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:14 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

How does travel around the realm work? Please tell me they've got rid of those shit horses from DAoC and it's something more akin to WoW?

Can any classes summon like locks can in WoW?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 5:31 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Theres no summon classes but travel is really quick....Every "zone" has an rvr area and as such a corresponding RvR camp for each faction. Each rvr camp has a flightmaster in it allowing you to travel between the zones. Unlike WoW however you just get a short animation of taking off then you immediately load into the new area.