Server Rollouts

Post subject: Server Rollouts
PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 12:38 pm 
Stawberry blonde
Stawberry blonde

Any news on when the server capcity will be increased. Was annoying last night, especially getting kicked then having to wait another 50 mins to join. Rolled an Alt on another server but just wasn't the same. Going to have to start planning before I play. Join queue then go away and doing family stuff depending on lengh of queue. By the time I got back on last night I missed the guild outing to the Marshes :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:14 am 
N.S.F.W.

Quote:
This Wednesday we are going to clone some of our busiest servers to help spread the load around and to reduce queuing times. Please note however that this is not a solution for a server where only one side has queues; it will only be used when the entire server is too full to avoid issues with the population balance. The servers that we will be cloning are as follows:

Karak Eight Peaks will be cloned to Tor Anroc
Karak Azgal will be cloned to Zhufbar
Karak Hirn will be cloned to Yvresse
Eltharion will be cloned to Tiranoc

Here is a quick explanation of how this process works:
When we clone a server, we copy all the information of that server – all character data, guild data, zone information etc and copy it to a new server. This means that if you had a character on the original server, you will have the exact same character on the new server as well - he will have the same name, the same gear, the same items in his backpack and the same guild information. You can then choose, along with your friends whether you want to carry on playing on your original server or if you'd prefer to move across and play the version on the new server instead. Whichever you decide, the other copy of your character will remain so that if you change your mind later, it will be easy to move across.

Here is a quick example to illustrate the process. Let's say you have a level 25 Witch Hunter called Jorgen. He's in a guild called Malleus Maleficarum and he's Renown Rank 20. After the cloning process, there will be two identical copies of Jorgen, one will be on the original server that you chose when starting the game while the other will be on the new server. If you choose to play on the new server then you simply carry on where you left off with your level 25 Witch Hunter, if your friends join you then your entire guild remains intact and you can all carry on fighting together – the only difference is that this time there are no queues to log in! If you carry on adventuring with Jorgen on the new server then the 'original' Jorgen will still be on the first server at level 25, renown rank 20 etc the two versions do not both advance at the same time.

This system makes it easy to move servers but it is very important that you and your friends all discuss which of the two servers you will play on, this way your guild or alliance won't get split up and you can carry on playing together.

You rawk Gynggyr :D You're undoubtedly my favourite welsh c*nt.
I was gonna write more, but I came directly after finishing the above sentence...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:29 am 
Clanger!

Enter data corruption on both servers resulting in loss of items, levels, guild status...

Not being pessimistic just realistic, it's GOA remember ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:04 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

How do people feel about the server cloning? Personally I'm all for staying where we are. Hopefully enough people move away from Hirn to reduce queue times, and tbh I don't wanna leave the insane rvr action for a server thats likely not to have any order for a week or two.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:12 am 
Stawberry blonde
Stawberry blonde

Well I have started planning my play time's so logging on and going doing something else for 30 mins. As already said after last night's RvR I am happy to stay. I am sure it will calm down as other will move, fingers crossed. I think we give it a week and see what happens.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 10:14 am 
Sooooooooooooooooooopaman !!!

This is where the problem now lies
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
This system makes it easy to move servers but it is very important that you and your friends all discuss which of the two servers you will play on, this way your guild or alliance won't get split up and you can carry on playing together.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

few will guilds/alliances will move for fear of being left alone.

Its a fooked up situation, the queues are shit especially after a disconnect, but other than that I have no real issues with the number on the server or queuing initially to get in the game.

I say we leave it for a couple of days see how it feels once/if anyone moves across. Then we can make a decision based on the guilds we are considering to ally ourselves in the future with.

I WILL MAKE A POLL IN THE GUILD SECTION REGARDING THE ISSUE OF SERVERS.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 23, 2008 11:03 pm 
N.S.F.W.

I'm happy to stay

You rawk Gynggyr :D You're undoubtedly my favourite welsh c*nt.
I was gonna write more, but I came directly after finishing the above sentence...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 12:35 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

dont mind either way myself i still cant get on anyway

Tis the time for WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHHH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:55 am 
Stawberry blonde
Stawberry blonde

Have rolled a Order - Witch Hunter on another server until the queues get sorted. I can handle queuing to join, I just logon 30 mins before I am due to play. What pissed me off no end is getting disconnected for no apparent reason and having to queue for another 30 mins. Happened twice last night. So I will keep my eye on what's happening but for the time being I will be playing my Witch Hunter.

Also I must admit they are a fucking cool class, having alot of fun with him.