State of the Game 15/0/09

Post subject: State of the Game 15/0/09
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 8:44 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Hi Guys

With Xui resubbing I thought I'd give him a flavour of what to expect.

1. We're in kill frenzy now (Blood Pact had to rename in the move). It's still the same guys (more or less) and we're having alot of fun. http://war.mmoguildsites.net/ to apply and we'll see you in guild soon :D

2. BW Spam / WP AOE heals. Both are incredible atm in all tiers. WP have a tactic which removes 80% of our dots - making dotting someone practically useless if it's a curse. Hexes work fine. Check your abilities to see what kind of dots you do. At present it renders Savagery Marauders useless except for AP drain but don't worry a fix is incoming.

3. Resists are now "soft " capped at 40%. This isn't the end of the world. You can go higher but you get diminishing returns on each point you go above 40%.

4. Our alliance (evil league of evil) is for the most part pretty cool. There are a few opinonated cocks in there (me, Cal) but on the whole most are pretty cool. They're a good bunch and getting an alliance warband up and running is usually pretty easy. It's also alot of fun when we go and mow down order.

5. The war is slowly turning. Interestingly 1.2.1 has been delayed because of the recent killings of each sides kings (not on Norn but elsewhere - K8P - Euro (order king) and Eltharion - US ( Destro king). Yes you will face a fuck ton of Bright Wizards who do hit obscenely hard now. You'll also face hard hitting engineers and Mad healing warrior priests.

But. (it's a great but too) Destro are returning to the game. We're still the underdogs alot of the time but there's a alot of players kicking arse atm. Last night we were outnumbered 2+ to 1 and we were still ninjaing bo's and taking down people with us. It's alot of fun in T4 right now and the more who join in the merrier (especially if you're looking for a wow break)

6. The game is still horribly broken however. Melee will suffer from out of range spam in big fights. Lag can be intense when you're facing large numbers of BW (and we do alot of the time). The City Sieges are PVE events where each side avoids the other where possible because the lag is horrible.

They're focussing on Lag the most with 1,2,1 which apparently is pretty much ready to go live. In 1.2.1. they're also fixing and capping the number of people that AOE's can hit. This should bring the AOE spam on both sides down and in line wtih what it should be. It should also cut down on the numbers of one button Rain of Fire mashers on the server (thank god)

A more in depth patch is planned for June / July (1.3) which will address and fix most classes/careers (or so they claim).

I'm concerned about this because I think they're proposing alot of changes in one patch and my confidence in them testing these changes thoroughly and not blowing balance out of the water is a bit weak in the wake of the last month's worth of order farming.

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:09 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Thanks for the update, interesting reading :)

| ASBO Allstar | Gypo Jihad | EvilNeileeeee | Gnorty Rascal | Kylie Age 8 | PSIco | Huntcliff | Bruv #1 | Eyema GonnaTakeYouToAGheyBar |

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2009 12:20 pm 
Sooooooooooooooooooopaman !!!

New patch has transformed the game, no more problems for melee hitting enemies in Orvr, City raid yesterday was a 100 times improved in performance.

Keep upgrades like camelot so it's shaping up nicely.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:13 pm 
N.S.F.W.

I may be tempted. Then again...

You rawk Gynggyr :D You're undoubtedly my favourite welsh c*nt.
I was gonna write more, but I came directly after finishing the above sentence...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 19, 2009 9:58 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Whats it like in the lower tiers?

One reason I went back to WOW was I seemd to get stuck in pve quests, and got fed up of grinding the same old pvp (see, been away so long I forget what War calls it :P ), stuff. Is it a dead zone apart from T4 now, and are the quests any better?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 20, 2009 1:34 pm 
Sooooooooooooooooooopaman !!!

Tbh the quests are no different from any other mmo out there, Find this or kill that then take it to them completed.

Lower tiers on the server has been packed for weeks because of the new classes, Pvp is still the main focus of the game though.

Best way to level like any other mmo is with a buddy, grab all the quests run off and do them while signing up for scenarios. wni scenarios/complete quests = fast frequent exp.