Patch 1.1

Post subject: Patch 1.1
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2012 7:15 pm 
Dirty Daoc Player

So what did you guys think of patch 1.1?

Rather sucky that people could do this on the faction's PvP spawn point:

Leading to powerlevelling like valor gains like this (chat text shows 500 valor gained in 1 minute):

Epic design fail :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:09 am 
N.S.F.W.

aye tis shit

You rawk Gynggyr :D You're undoubtedly my favourite welsh c*nt.
I was gonna write more, but I came directly after finishing the above sentence...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:36 am 
Ginger Quiff with Crimson Low Lights

I wonder if there will be any repercussions of the exploitative behaviour, a lot of people on forums are disgusted by it. Yeah it is a basic design flaw, but not something I haven't seen before tbh. It's also not that far removed from base busting in SWG (100s of rep in a few minutes) or corpse camping in a dozen other games.

Asides from the mass ganking situation, how are you finding the game in general, and PVP in general? I am playing it, just on a crappy computer so not very well. It'll be nice to see the game run smoothly when I get my new comp in a couple of days, and I can actually PVP. PVE sucks donkey cock when you have no FPS, on the rare occassion that it raises I obliterate everything lol. I daren't try PVP or space combat at all :twisted:

I have a Sage (light), Sentinal (dark), Gunslinger (in it for the credits), and Vangard (republic die hard) so far. The sentinal's darkside options are providing several great moments so far, and I like the cheek that the smuggler comes out with in conversations.

WoW (Bloodhoof) - Pogmahone 70 Priest, Pogmashon 70 Shaman
EQ1 (Cazic Thule) - Pohok 67 Shadowkinght
Neopets - Pogmashon
EVE - Pogmashone
Secret World (Grim) - Shannon "Glaeva" Feng QL5 (Dragon)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:02 pm 
Ginger Quiff with Crimson Low Lights

Taken from th forums http://www.swtor.com/blog/ilum-pvp-issues

After Game Update 1.1 went live, we discovered that the Open World PvP area on Ilum was not working as our PvP design team intended. As many of you know, large groups of players began capturing the Ilum control points, then 'camping' at the enemy's base. This led to a very frustrating experience for a number of players who were unable to leave their base and fight back against their attackers. It was not a fair gameplay experience. In addition, some players on the attacking side gained more Valor points than designed for the time they spent in PvP.

The amount of Valor granted from these activities was significantly more than intended and we are now carefully investigating players who were on Ilum during this period, and present at some of these 'camping' events. I can reassure you that those who were involved and who gained an unfair advantage over other players inappropriately will be carefully reviewed and action will be taken to restore game balance. This could include Valor adjustments or account actions in accordance with the severity of the issue.

We have made the decision not to enact a mass 'rollback' of Valor points for all players in the game, or even on Ilum. This would unfairly penalize some players who may not have been present during this event. Rest assured though, anyone and everyone who is found to have exploited the situation to an unreasonable degree will be investigated and actions taken as needed. Our in-game metrics are able to give us precise details on where players were, what they were doing and what rewards they gained.

We take any sort of situation where one group of players gains an unexpected or unintended advantage over other players very seriously and will act to ensure that all players can have a fair and fun game experience.

Thanks for your patience while we worked to resolve this issue. Our team worked diligently to get a patch ready to address this and other issues, and we're already seeing the results in improved battles on Ilum. As always we welcome your feedback and will continue to improve moving forward!

Jeff Hickman,
Executive Producer – Live Services
http://www.swtor.com/blog/ilum-pvp-issues

WoW (Bloodhoof) - Pogmahone 70 Priest, Pogmashon 70 Shaman
EQ1 (Cazic Thule) - Pohok 67 Shadowkinght
Neopets - Pogmashon
EVE - Pogmashone
Secret World (Grim) - Shannon "Glaeva" Feng QL5 (Dragon)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 2:38 am 
N.S.F.W.

I'm enjoying it at the moment though I'm struggling in pvp warzones against toons 15 levels lower than me. This has only happened since patch 1.1 but no one else seems bothered. I've noticed massive sound issues on alderaan warzone and noticed that I occasionally get dropped on the left control point by the speeder as opposed to the central drop point.
I like the social point system where a group rolls to decide who converses with quest givers. It's led to some truly entertaining pug with people kicking off at each other. Love it.

I was gonna write more, but I came directly after finishing the above sentence...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:13 pm 
WanabeMage

Gaa... I need the time to get an play this before all you feker's get bored and quit.. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:58 pm 
N.S.F.W.

lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, 2012 11:38 am 
Hi I Got Banned Coz Im a Spamming Cunt

Gynggyr wrote:
I like the social point system where a group rolls to decide who converses with quest givers. It's led to some truly entertaining pug with people kicking off at each other. Love it.

Choosing the darkside option on Esseles and watching the engineers go floating off into space leaving the other group members going WTF DOOD !!!!! was an epic moment :) Shame i lost the second roll to keep the annoying bitch on the empire ship :twisted:

Akemi wrote:
Never ever thought i would say this, but... i agree with Xui... damn i feel like i need a shower now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 29, 2012 10:38 pm 
Clanger!

I cancelled my subscription. For now the game is boring at lvl 50. PvE sucks and PvP lags.
Also I put a new ROM on my phone and now my SWTOR authenticator software for loggin in securely doesn't work anymore. Turns out I have to make a phone call during work hours to the helpdesk so they can remove the option to login with an authenticator.

Maybe I give them a call tomorrow as I still have 19 days left to play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:10 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I'm loving the story driven levelling. As usual I've been left behind due to having a life so being able to dip in and out when I can, but still level ok and have fun is great. You dont need to be hardcore to get anything decent out of the game. Having the companions is also great, I can happily tank while my cutie posh chick heals and I can get through the Herioc stuff designed for 2+ people.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:55 pm 
Ginger Wannabe
Ginger Wannabe

Hiya Guys what server u all playing on? im on nightfall

as for the game im actualy liking it at the mo, im in the process of lvling another 50 already got a 50 commando which was alot of fun, doin a dps sage at the mo which is insane for dps LOL.

tried a guardian but for a tank they seem a bit squishy well im either geared wrong cant play it or its crap LOL havent decided yet :-)

also found out if u play a female imperial agent shes a right tart and opens her legs at every opportunity :-)

Take Care
Gary

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:42 am 

Im on nightmare lands with gyngrr , pog , john-g and the guys from Sunfall Rebels the others went on some faggoty server i dont know the name of.

I got a 43 sage healer that im leveling with my step-son's sentinel which is dead handy for heroic content and also the social skill level. We are both social lvl 5 now and running around with the Party Time title (Shame its not Party Boy coz that would be quite funny in my own childish little mind)

Will he's not playing ive got a 37 gunslinger which isnt as squishy as some seem to think they are. She is dark side and an utter slut. She even got it on with the chapter 1 bad guy Skavak right before she killed him :twisted:
She regularly opens her legs for anyone that promises her credits even if her main squeeze Corso is standing right next to her :roll:

Akemi wrote:
Never ever thought i would say this, but... i agree with Xui... damn i feel like i need a shower now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:14 pm 
N.S.F.W.

LukeL wrote:
I cancelled my subscription. For now the game is boring at lvl 50. PvE sucks and PvP lags.
Also I put a new ROM on my phone and now my SWTOR authenticator software for loggin in securely doesn't work anymore. Turns out I have to make a phone call during work hours to the helpdesk so they can remove the option to login with an authenticator.

Maybe I give them a call tomorrow as I still have 19 days left to play.

If you do phone I've heard it's best not to pick an option just let it ring through