Should We change Faction
Yes 43%  43%  [ 9 ]
No 14%  14%  [ 3 ]
It depends on the faction (state which faction you don't wish to join) 43%  43%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 21

Faction Debate

Post subject: Faction Debate
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:20 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Hi guys

At some point all of us have complained of the lack of decent faction opportunities with biotech. Our faction in the story is going nowhere - and future DOY enhancements could see us 'miss' any real chance of story line involvement.

I think its fair to say that we were hoping for more response from other clans in our faction and as such we should consider whether our faction will ever provide us with the opportunity to do more in outzone.

Should we consider a change of faction? If so who should we change to?

Can I state for the record please that if anyone feels so strongly about being BIOTECH faction that us changing to say Fallen Angels would cause them to leave - please say so immediately. We do not want to lose members over this, but if people fancy a change we need to discuss and consider the implications of this. I am proposing that we discuss this over the weekend and decide upon a course of action after the weekend if we need to.

Cheers

Revor/Dacovale

Last edited by mongoose on Tue Feb 25, 2003 3:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:32 pm 
Pub Barman
Pub Barman

I voted Yes.

My Reasons :

1. I beleive that with Biotech as our Faction our allies will never be able to provide us with the support we need if we want to further our Clan.

2. I'm really looking forward to the introducion of the storyline and think that with a Faction like FA, [ Thats my preferance ] the game would be alot more FUN !! After all.. thats what keeps us crawling back to this game. :)

3. As i've said, atm our Allies are either to weak to help us or complete and utter f*ckwits. I've been talking with MrLOL, Clan - NAT, Faction - FA, and he tells me that he and a few others are getting fed up of the more dominant clans i.e -XH- and their big headed 'we're untouchable' attitude. Apparently a few clans are in talks [ NAT, Saiyan, Blood Mercs and a few more ] to form an Alliance and give clans like -XH- a run for their money.

For me changing to FA would solve our problems and bring with it a would lot of fun. :D

Thanx

Fish

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 3:50 pm 
Hi I Got Banned Coz Im a Spamming Cunt

I agree with fish.. We have reached a lvl in Biotech and seem to be going no further.. You walk around Plaza and see hardly any Biotech members and the ones you do see are allways low lvl..

I want to play the game for fun and the storyline will hopefully develop in the close future. However I cant see where that leaves Biotech.. I would prefer to play the game from a another pov and see FA as a good swap. The faction loyalties are similar with Tangent and Crahn being enemies but TG are neutral (I think) and we are enemies with BD. From a tacticle pov having our base at FA puts us right in the middle of the map. Also from what ive read the storyline behind FA will be more exciting

Quote:
Exactly 48 hours ago, the announced meeting between a delegation of CityAdmin ambassadors and the leadership (Lead Scientist Sylvia Bennet) of the Fallen Angels took place in Tech Haven. Unofficially it was already known for some days that CityAdmin suspects the Fallen Angels to stand behind the reported assaults of the sophisticated WarBots and Ceres Cyborgs. The Fallen Angels however strongly denied these accusations during the discussions.

In the course of the further discussions, Sylvia Bennet pointed out that she had received an unofficial request for a meeting with a delegation from Dome of York (DoY) about 2 months ago. When she learned however that the topic of the meeting should be the common development of highly sophisticated weapons, she rejected the meeting. The representative of the Fallen Angels expressly pointed out that the Angels are a union of peaceful scientists, who live and work in exile because it’s only there they can act unaffected by political influences. Indirectly she also expressed the assumption that the increased arising of WarBots and Ceres Cyborgs could be linked to the inquiry of DoY.

Anyway I voted "Yes but it depends on faction"

Akemi wrote:
Never ever thought i would say this, but... i agree with Xui... damn i feel like i need a shower now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 4:12 pm 
Site Admin
Site Admin

yup fa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 4:18 pm 
Clanger!

I'd like to change to FA because I like TechHaven. But I'd like us to be a kind of secret mercenary clan for FA. The Fallen Angels might be a group of "peacefull scientists", but hey it's a harsh world out there. Even peaceful scientists need some sort of protection.

Anyway I'd like us to move out of Neocron. I think this city is doomed under the dictatorship of Reeza. Factions are maintaining the status quo and the economy will surely collapse causing the city downfall. A strong Fallen Angels can come to the rescue of the citizens before TG takes over.

How do you change faction?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 4:40 pm 
Dyed Ginger
Dyed Ginger

My answer is "I don't mind" not an option given. I could say it depends but I trust you guys not to take us to TG or even Tangent. I only chose Biotech in the begining because, being new I wanted a city faction. I didn't want it to be Tangent 'cos nearly everyone goes for them. Although I did think that if that faction was too weak I would have to make a change sometime.

FA is fine with me, their apartments look cool too.

I may not be on again till Sunday night or even Monday morning so please mail me in game about any paperwork that need to be done.
eg. resigning and uping my sympathy with FA or whatever.

I'll give Onslo a ring to make sure he kows about this, bloody sciver has got the day off today. (Like he wont be playing neocon!)

Ok ok I'll click on depends...

jumbo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 4:45 pm 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

I voted NO for the reasons ive always stated. biotech are the weaker faction to others like city mercs and Tangent, and its my belief that as the biggest clan in biotech, we should be the ones to change all that and make us stand out. How will it feel for all teh biotech n00bs that we've seen in VR2 recently to level up and not see any big clans in biotech? They will end up joining a faction clan other than theyre own, and IMO this detracts from teh roleplay of the game.

Now, with the rumour that we're getting left out of the storyline in coming patches and expansions then biotech may be a waste of time. If someone can post the link where i can find out more info on this, i may change my mind.

But as for FA, im not sure. I really dont wanna be seen by NAT to be following them in faction. As beta4 veterans, most of them already have a big enough head, and MrLOL's is getting bigger everyday. And if everyone is turning on the mercs, theres no point in joining them. If any, id like to join TG. I dunno why, but i would. Its just a pity HATE are TG.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 5:36 pm 
Stawberry blonde
Stawberry blonde

Like JJ said, I don't really wanna go to TG, Tangent or Crahn to be honest, and I am a bit concerned that if we were to go City Mercs that we would get swallowed up by 44th Mac. Fallen Angels is ok, but what are we gonna do about our clan name? Obviously we can't be called BETA anymore, unless we change the B from Biotech to summat else.

I cvoted "don't mind".

'Slo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 6:07 pm 
Ginger Wannabe
Ginger Wannabe

I voted no, for all the reasons delta posted, can't be bothered to retype them. But I also agree that if we are going to be left out of the storyline then I'd change my vote.

I like playing as the underdog, WE are the clan for Biotech, and if Biotech is weak then WE need to do something about it, we have a lot of high level players and several levelling fast (myself included), we have great cohesion as a guild, we hunt as a guild more than most if not everybody in the game, we need some practice in PvP so I suggest we get some, not ditch it and run to another faction.

If we become a strong presence in the game, can the scriptwriters ignore us?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:02 pm 

Naevyn wrote:
If we become a strong presence in the game, can the scriptwriters ignore us?

You would have thought so.. But they seem to ignore all the bugs that have been in the game from beta testing.. the RMB bug has been with Neocron since the off..

Akemi wrote:
Never ever thought i would say this, but... i agree with Xui... damn i feel like i need a shower now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2003 7:21 pm 
Ginger Wannabe
Ginger Wannabe

Yes to FA. No to Tangent and TG

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 3:22 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Wouldn't mind FA.

Not sure I've been around long enough to make a fully qualified decision though.

Just as long as it's not TG.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 9:53 am 
Epix Whore

FA are only enemies against Black Dragon, Crahn and Tangent. Pretty much the same as Biotech, but are alled with TG and Next. Neutral with The City Mercs, City Admin, Biotech, ProtoPharma, Tsunami and Diamond.

At present, Black Dragon, Crahn and Tangent post no threat to us, either as Biotech or if we switch to FA. Personally i'd prefer Black Dragon as hostile, so i have a reason to kill them. :P

The problems we're having as Biotech is that our 'allied' factions are in control of the OP's we want. And being seen as a clan attacking faction allies isnt a good thing. Take GSF for example. Possibly our nearest faction ally, ProtoPharma. We cant keep attacking them without serious repercusions on us in the RPG sense.

I dont see this as a leap to FA to immediately ally with NAT, EOE etc, but for future opportunities. At the minute as biotech we have NO support from the 'alliance'. Plus as FA are allied with TG, we'll have great support from TG clans that actually want to play the game properly (if any ever get on the server :)). We'd have unrestriced access to all major citys (MB, TG, TH, NC).

To me there are 4 or 5 major factions in this game, Mercs, City Admin, Tangent, TG and FA. As faction choice has no benefits, its hard for me to see why anyone would pick factions like Diamond, NEXT and Proto, even Biotech. THe main point really being, even though we are Biotech, we have no ties with the Faction, as we get nothing from it. If changing faction meant say, we lost the benefit of getting cheap implants or something, or if Diamond gave cheap apartments etc, then i'd have serious thoughts on changing. At present, if we switch to FA, i dont see it as jumping on the bandwagon of clans changing to FA/TG etc. More of an educated move to ultimately have the best possible solution of being hostile against some of the poorest Factions on the server and being Neutral or Allied to the strongest and possibly most influential. We play this game for fun and if theres anything that could help us enjoy playing, rather than being pissed off by no support from our allies if we really really needed it, then changing to a faction where we could get support, mainly because there seems more FA online than Biotech, then yes i'd change. If we are going to notice no difference, then basically it just means factions dont count for anything.

Being FA means we can take OP's from faction enemies or neutrals. If they are neutral, we have the choice if we want to be friend or foe. Being stuck with allied factions that do nothing for us, is harder, and possibly more restrictive.

Finally, i do not think of this move, if it happens as a move to be allied with TG to get Arsenal Supporters like HATE to stop them pking us. But if it does, then its an added bonus :P Or do i see this move to follow like sheep behind NAT etc. If we go FA, we'll be the biggest clan (cept EOE, i think) so we'd need to stamp some authority on the faction. Have meetings with EoE and NAT, MoJ etc about their plans and any neutral enemies they have. And to what our stance would be on our neutral factions. We could still keep the alliance with the Biotech clans, if they want it. However, they are benefitting from it rather than us at the minute (Although, there are hardly any benefits, they have the knowledge that the biggest Biotech clan will come to their aid, we have no benefits).

Anyway, blah blah etc. I'd vote yes if we are doing it to actually get involved more with allies and RPG'ing. I'd vote no if its just following the sheep. We are huge and influential, if we dont use that to our advantage, then it doesnt matter what faction we are. We may aswell stay as Biotech or switch to TG :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 12:43 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Too badBiotech has no or minor influence in the gamestory, we all want to be part of 'something' in the story.

Voted depends, since i don't like some factions.

FA sound good to me although i have to admit, i like NC to hang around as my main place, TH is a maze, TG stinks and MB is confusing also.

Well, i've been there only a couple of times so that explains a lot

Let's go and become part of something big ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:09 pm 
Blonde
Blonde

I'm still a noob, can't say yes or no.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 1:21 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I'm not bothered either way, but I def dont want TG or Tangent.

If we went in as FA, then we could visit TG I think to buy equipment and MB still to buy equipment.

Not sure what the advantages of having a base in TH is tho.

Regarding the RP aspect of it. there isn't really any TBH. People are just killing stuff wether they are players or mobs, no real thought goes into the faction of it all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 2:36 pm 
Ginger Wannabe
Ginger Wannabe

If we're changing faction (as it looks like from the replies) then how do I go about fixing my faction with TG and FA?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 2:39 pm 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

If youre in a clan with a certain faction, your personal faction will change to that of the clans over time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 6:13 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

A minor point I'm sure, but aren't we called the Biotech Enviromental Terraforming Agency?

Is it possible to change the long name of the clan to something more suitable if we change factions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2003 11:22 pm 
Pub Barman
Pub Barman

For those guys who voted.... ' Depends on Which Faction ' ..... could you please state your opinion if the Faction where to be 'The Fallen Angels' .

I'm just trying to get a little more feed back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2003 11:08 pm 
Clanger!

I tend to agree with Fish, but can also see a valid point in Delts arguement. Why run from an unwilling faction and not try to get more spirit in things. If they see one (if not THE) of the biggest clans tuen their back on BioTech what influence will this have on the faction as a whole??

FA sounds good idd, the enemy factions aren't that bad, and the location of the faction is a lot more attractive then NC IMO. Not to mention the fact that when the storyline shoots off, an "rebelling" faction will prolly have a more active role then the "ruling"factions (which'll prolly be pushed in defense at first)

I've voted "It depends..." (FA being my one and only choice) but we have to consider we maybe pulling the plug from BioTech if we left.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 9:40 am 
Stawberry blonde
Stawberry blonde

OK, if we're gonna change thn I vote for FA.

'Slo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:46 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I'm kinda torn atm.

I always said I didn't want to leave biotech, but as time goes by - I am more and more convinvced that none of the other clans in our faction have the wherewithal to actually help us in the light of a clan 'war'

Seeing the size of some clans one the server - we (whilst being a big and well known clan) are still too small to take on some of the big boys.

If we were to change faction, I would rather see us join TG - they are more fun for me. Despite HATE being a TG clan, I would rather be TG than anyone else atm.

My only concern with us staying biotech is that we will always end up leading the pack and as a result we will always be there to be shot at.

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:05 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

If we would change faction into FA, TG i wouldnt be bothered.. I think it will be fun in one of those factions, and at least we can expect some help when we have a clan war.

But its also fine with me when we stay biotech, because we have kinda put biotech on the map.

i voted yes btw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 8:47 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I don't fancy being TG tbh, purely because they have the highest percentage of wankers in their faction going from what I have seen.

I quite like the idea of fallen angels if we were to change.

I wouldn't like to be Tangent either, at least if we swap to FA then they stay red :)

If we change then revor must be the last person to quit the clan, else everything INC the apartment, cash and equipment will be lost

I say we clean the apt out and transfer ALL the cash to a runner. THen revor leaves. All we need now is a FA runner who has enough sympathy to buy a clan apt key =]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 10:19 pm 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

Make the change then guys.

You'll have to kick me out though, cos i dunno if im gonna come back on. Ill be on at some point to distribute my stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:15 pm 
Ginger Wannabe
Ginger Wannabe

If we make the change then check if Nam has enough FA faction to buy an apt key, if not then someone create a FA alt with every point in barter, that alt starts up the new guild, invites everyone, and buys the apartment key for the new clan.

If we're decided let's do this thing, no point in sodding about, I'd rather stay biotech as I've said but the mob has spoken. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:16 pm 
Ginger Wannabe
Ginger Wannabe

Oh, and someone remember to tell our allies, they'll probably be interested. :lol:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:33 pm 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

You need 70 faction sympathy to buy a key. Why not ask rizzy to buy one.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 27, 2003 11:58 pm 
Dyed Ginger
Dyed Ginger

I'd like to stick with BioTech.
But IF we have to change I'll go with whatever is being decided.

Hi-tech Tank ------- APU Psi Monk ------ soullight tool -------- Researcher

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:28 am 

After playing over the weekend .. I think we have a lot of respect from other runners. The comments made when ive done work for people about me and other BETA members are allways positive.. I think we should stay BIOTECH and raise its profile as we are doing. There are a few new BIOTECH clans now maybe we should approach them with regards to joining the "Alliance" (that isnt working atm) ..

Akemi wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:31 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

If we were going to change, I'd only really want to be FA over BioTech and I don't fancy being TG. I do think that TG is probably the best faction in terms of RP fun, playing the righteous rebels etc. but there are too many tosser clans already there, we'd just get lumped together with them.
People expect you to be hostile towards them if you are TG.

There are advantages in being central to the map AND out of the city with FA, but I'll happily stay BioTech if that is the decision.

I'll go with whatever direction is decided on really, but those are my thoughts.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 11:24 am 
Stawberry blonde
Stawberry blonde

Can it be taen then that the general consensus is to remain Biotech ?

Personally I quite like being Biotech, and I like the nice clean image that we have.

I think we are heading in the right direction, but wouldn't it be cool to be "the good guys that you really don't wanna get on the wrong side of" ? :)

Shall we just leave it for a bit and see how we feel in a few weeks ?

'Slo

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 1:19 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I think we need to stick Biotech for the time being. . . .

We can see what happens in the long term

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 2:10 pm 
Ginger Wannabe
Ginger Wannabe

Sweet. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 5:12 pm 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

Namreh wrote:
After playing over the weekend .. I think we have a lot of respect from other runners. The comments made when ive done work for people about me and other BETA members are allways positive.. I think we should stay BIOTECH and raise its profile as we are doing. There are a few new BIOTECH clans now maybe we should approach them with regards to joining the "Alliance" (that isnt working atm) ..
What u been doing exactly herm? Masseur services ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 9:16 pm 

Wanna rub down ?

Akemi wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 28, 2003 10:36 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

*SHUDDER*

Um, no thanks :D

*SHUDDER*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 17, 2003 9:17 pm 
Blonde
Blonde

im stuck between yes and no.

biotech isnt really a ph34rsum faction to many,
however in the up coming Epic Runs, biotech has 1 of the best items
Move On implant, a str implant for tanks which is supposed to b better than Marine.