What do you want from your NeoCron/BETA gaming?
Mainly PvP, OP wars and trying to hold our OP/s 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
Some PvP, the odd OP attack but mainly clan PvM hunts 78%  78%  [ 7 ]
PvM, clan hunts and only PvP when revenging ourselves 11%  11%  [ 1 ]
I jus wana b L337 and luv da tags - please remove me now 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 9

What do you want from your NeoCron gaming?

Post subject: What do you want from your NeoCron gaming?
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:12 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Just trying to find out what everybody is expecting from the game/clan.

So the leaders have some feedback on what is wanted.

1. Mainly PvP, attacking and keeping OP's is what it's all about for me - I only hunt mobs to level so I can kill more players.

2. I like clan hunts against mobs, but would like to attack the odd OP and join in some PvP battles occasionally. Not bothered about holding an OP though as it's a bit boring :D

3. I like hunting monsters, clan hunts are great, I couldn't care less about PvP unless somebody attacks us. Then we rip them a new...

4. I R L337, please do me a favour and shoot me now, I'm just here to snag all the rares and flash my BETA tags!

My prefered option is number 2.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 4:21 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

id say 4 \o/
nah number 3, theres no real boring part in defending an OP.. you dont have to stay day and night patrolling around the area, just defend when we are under attack.

i especially like the big clan hunts, tho my pc doesnt :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2003 6:59 pm 
Epix Whore

no 2.

mainly cos i dont have a PVP char yet. They are all gimped in some way, or not high enough. I'd say Kir would win in 1 on 1 tho :) (vs anyone :P )

:/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 10:13 am 
Clanger!

I voted 1 but a combination of some PvP and some PvM is nice too.

I've got two characters. A spy researcher that can't hold his own in PvP and PvM and a capped PE. And fighting mobs with a capped character isn't as fun as it used to be. The thrill of getting the next bong isn't there anymore. But then again I'm thinking of Lomming a few levels in END to redistribute some points in CON.......

And I can't be arsed to make a new character at the moment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 11:55 am 
Clanger!

I'd like a combination of 2 and 3. I like a bit of PvP and an OP attack is good fun as well, but I can't be bothered defending the place since there are no major plusses to the OP.

We, as BETA, get enuff recognition without owning an OP and it's a pain to come running every time there are more then 2 players of the same clan at the OP GR =/

What I really like is the revenge part :twisted: Get a group together and hunt the PK'er(s) down. I really REALLY hope somebody makes the mistake of PK'ing one of the new chars in the clan...muhahaha

*I'll get my coat*

P.S.
I voted nr 2 for now

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:24 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I voted 2 because I bought the game primarily for PvP, although like other games I do enyoy PvM. I agree also that defending an OP can get tedious as I have only done so once or twice and the first time I did we stood around for about an hour and half ZZZzzzzzzz

What I can't wait for more than anything in this game is when we have 6 or more lvl60+ on and we can go around storming the odd "Enemy" OP here and there :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 2:40 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

OK, so so far it seems none of us (apart from LukeL - and he might just be wanting the PvP side but not the OP defence) are wanting to be bothered owning / defending an OP.

Lots of us would like some PvP just attacking OP's though, but once we have it we can bugger off and wait to retake it. :)

Anybody disagree with that sort of outlook?

NB. It's bloody typical that nobody has bothered attacking Eastgate for a bit now.. maybe they've given up!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 3:10 pm 
Clanger!

The problem with defending an OP is that you can't defend it properly now. Nobody in his right mind is gonna sit for hours and hours in the OP and waiting for an attack.

That's why the only defense possible is to run to the OP when it gets attacked but by the time you arrive there the attacker is defending the OP against you! You've become the attacker, they are trying to hold you outside.

It should be possible for the owners of the OP to defend it. Why aren't there doors that must be hacked or destroyed to enter the OP as an attacker? Why isn't there a GR (without SI) inside the OP for the owners to GR to in case of an attack?

Attacking an OP can be major entertainment. But as defending an OP keeps a pain in the ass as it is right now nobody is gonna try to keep and defend an OP really hard. No defense, no fun in attacking !

And I like to keep Eastgate. While an organized attack will probably result in losing the OP I will always run in to defend the OP against an occassional ninja-hacker.
We just take the OP back whenever we can. Everybody should know Eastgate is BETA's. Just as everybody should know we will hunt down PK'ers who have unprovokedly PK'ed our lower level members/characters.
Once we decide we no longer have an interest in Eastgate we might let it go, but for now we should try and take it back whenever we can.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2003 4:17 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

LukeL wrote:
It should be possible for the owners of the OP to defend it. Why aren't there doors that must be hacked or destroyed to enter the OP as an attacker? Why isn't there a GR (without SI) inside the OP for the owners to GR to in case of an attack?

apparently BETA 3 had doors:

Teeboye @ neocron.jafc.de wrote:
Basicly, as hard as this might be to belive, its gone downhill from beta, I have no idea why they fucked with the game this much, beta 3 ruled, right at the end they added the balance of power outposts, and that was perfect.. not to mention they were better than all these useless outdoor ones, it was so cool having to hack the doors into the outpost