Call of Duty 4 - Freezing in Multiplayer

Post subject: Call of Duty 4 - Freezing in Multiplayer
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 3:12 pm 
MothaFuka

Just started playing this game, and have been suffering from game freezes during multiplayer (patch 1.4). The graphics would stop for what seemed like 3-5 seconds. The sound would sometimes continue and would sometimes stop, or skip during this time.
Doesnt sound like long, but believe me it is the most annoying thing ever - especially when you rejoin the action to find you have been killed.

A quick internet search showed a number of others with an identical problem, and the only answers I read were a very dodgy sounding alteration to be made to 'noDVD.exe' which i wanted to avoid, and the more easy sounding solution of turning off all 'monitoring software'.

At first I scanned over this solution and disregarded it - thinking i didnt have any scanning SW.

Then I realised that I had recently downloaded fraps, with a view to videoing some boss fights in WoW or something. The program sits in the background and monitors the framrate you are getting, and apparantly this is picked up by punkbuster as a risk or something.

The freeze made the game unplayable, but hopefully it was as simple as it seems! Switch off fraps.

Probably a pointless post given that most readers will have figured it out for themselves, but you never know - someone out there might benefit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 5:17 pm 
MothaFuka

ok, posted in wrong forum!

Should have been in the one below