Virgin media...

Post subject: Virgin media...
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:14 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Just wondering if anyone has experienced this before and could give me a tip to try and resolve it.

Moved into a new flat last monday, had virgin TV and Broadband installed on the wednesday. The TV never connects to the "On Demand" service, the light on the set-top box flashes constantly, sometimes I can get it working for about 30 minutes by turning the power on and off about 10 times, but not very often. This is a somewhat minor complaint compared to the broadband connection though.

The connection works absolutely perfectly, when its there...

After about an hour the connection drops, the modem lights all start to flash on and off constantly and then it sometimes reconnects. The connection drops for about 1 minute normally, sometimes less, sometimes more...but thats about the average I think. After this, the connection re-establishes and then works fine for a while, untill it does the same again.

My current network set up is cable inlet > cable modem > Netgear WGR614 Wireless 54Mbps Cable Broadband Router (via netgear ethernet cable that came with the router) > my pc via a standard 2 patch ethernet cable which I've had for years and works fine on the ADSL connection at home.

Since day 1 I have been emailing virgin about this issue, theyre taking up to 2 days to reply to each email, and Im starting to really loose my patience now. I managed to finally get a response to the netstat tests etc that they always ask for and they had the fucking cheek to tell me that my "slow connection was probably due to spyware, try tunning adaware or pcguard" when I pointed out that, as my original complaint stated, the issue was not slowness, but that the connection kept disconnectign sporadically they then told me that my netstat results showed that I had 8 WHOLE PROGRAMMES connecting to the internet, and to close some of them so that the connection would not be as slow.

After a week of constantly emailing them, I finally found an "employee" who understood that by "my connection keeps dropping.disconnecting" I was trying to tell them that it was actually DISCONNECTING and not SLOW. He however, has now failed to respond to my reply email for 2 days and Im about ready to kill Richard fucking Branston.

The best part is, I cant phone them as I only have my pay-as-you-go phone and cant afford the ridiculous rates they charge to actually try and talk to a "human" so Im pretty stuck.

If anyone is still reading this. Have you had a similar problem? Has it been resolved? Can any techy types think of anything I can do to fix it or will I have to rely on the wonderful "Customer Non-Service" department at Virgin?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 3:59 pm 
Dyed Ginger
Dyed Ginger

Well, my suggestion first off would be to reduce everything to lowest common denominator...

Start with the most simple setup you can, and see if it still happens. If not, gradually add each item of your setup in, and see how you go. Although not probable, it is possibly that one of the later bits of equipment is causing the issue. I had a similar problem with an orange livebox, that I then put into an ethernet switch, then connected a wireless router and a few other things. Turns out there was a subnet issue that kept knocking my adsl line sync as it threw back IP address errors.

If it still fails with the minimum of equipment installed, I'd send them another email DEMANDING that they respond within a set, but reasonable, period of time. I'd quote the 1977 Sale of Goods Act - You need to claim that the goods and services you are paying for, are not fit for the purpose intended, and that you have given them ample time to respond and fix the situation, but they ave not done so.

I'd tell them that you have forwarded all correspondence on to OFTEL, as an official complaint.

See how they respond...

I'd also get on to OFTEL and tell them of the situation.

I'd Also call the Virgin Media Head Office and demand to spec to the 'Managing Director's Office'. They should put you through, they have to really, and relay the information to a person directly in the office.

I had a similar issue back in the Virgin.net days when I was in the UK, and this did the trick. I was sorted within 24 hours. I also used this method for Orange Mobile, to much the same effect. I used to be a Lawyer, and i think the only time I actually *used* my training, was on dodgy telephone companies, but I guess it did have it's uses! :)

Hope you get it sorted!

Sos

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:14 pm 
Clanger!

Macey + digital stuff =

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 4:46 pm 
WanabeMage

I had a dropping connection issue, they blamed the cable, which was BS I just kept on at them, eventually they fixed it and I now get 15-19mb now over my 10ish at best before. Which was a nice bonus.
Access the router they gave u, and reset it, and get them to if u can its what in the end fixed mine.

I think they removed the charge from the tech support line recently.
If not call customer complaints and put in that,
1. your e-mails are being given standard replies that’s show the person is not reading them properly.
2. Your connection is not working and put in a 2nd complaint about the quality of the service ect.
That seems to get a good response out of them when I did it and got me put thought to a tech support guy.
Also if u prove your point they will give u back the cost of the call, lol but that’s a pain in the ass to win that argument..

All I can say is good luck, I've only got the BB so cant help with the rest as I don’t even use the free features I get from that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 7:59 pm 
Ginger Wannabe
Ginger Wannabe

I had the same issues ages ago.

An engineer came round and put some filters on the line and changed how my TV was plugged in at the local patch box.

That fixed all the issues.

They have changed the help to a freephone, but it's only from a Virgin line.
The normal help number is 0845 454 1111.

Hope this helps... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 8:47 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

How the fuck can you afford on demand yet only have a pre-pay phone? Get your priorities straight. If your net works then you can watch pretty much anything on demand anyways. As for Virgin it's just the same as NTL, great when it's working but good luck if it's broken cos they just make you do the same crap tests over and over then accuse the hardware of being faulty. You think you get annoyed, try being someone who can actually tell them exactly what the problem is yet the fuckers still insist your modem is at fault and want you to take a day off work for an engineer to come and tell you what you already know.

I thought when they became Virgin Richard Branson said they were all going on training courses so they'd be good at their jobs?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 9:09 pm 
Clanger!

Sounds like your cable signal is just too weak, had the same issues with my cable when I had it installed (mine actually was a dodgy copper wire from entry point to the modem).

You should ask them to check the signal strenght of your cable, especially when your a bit further away from the distribution point the signal looses a lot of power.

Not sure how your exact situation is, but my bet would be on lousy cable signal, this would also cause your digi tv dropping off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:27 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I sent a scathing email to the customer complaint department, based on mr Kuifje's advice and they emailed back within an hour to say that they were sending an engineer tomorrow afternoon.

hopefully it should all be sorted by then,

Cheers guys.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 5:53 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I've had NTL/Virgin broadband for probably 6 years and only once had to have the engineer out when my set top box died.

I know they get a bad press for customer support, but they've always been good with me on the phone and run remote diagnostics etc. Not sure if the fact that I don't have a modem, only the set top box makes it easier for them to diagnose the problem.

EN

| ASBO Allstar | Gypo Jihad | EvilNeileeeee | Gnorty Rascal | Kylie Age 8 | PSIco | Huntcliff | Bruv #1 | Eyema GonnaTakeYouToAGheyBar |

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 13, 2008 7:39 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I think its kindve luck of the draw, im sure the problems ive had could have been resolved easily over the phone but as I cant afford to pay them and they wouldnt call me back it turned it into a real chore to sort out and ended up pissing me off really. A bit of a shame as Ive had no real problems with them in the past either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2008 9:23 pm 
N.S.F.W.

I've had this for the past 3 months on and off. Tried everything, had engineer out etc. Turns out it's my fault cos I'm a chelsea fan. May be your problem also.
:wink:

Type http://root:root@192.168.100.1 into your browser to trouble shoot your modem. Should give you an idea of your signal strength.
Old post but may help
http://www.cableforum.co.uk/board/12/26006-cable-modem-signal-levels.html

You rawk Gynggyr :D You're undoubtedly my favourite welsh c*nt.
I was gonna write more, but I came directly after finishing the above sentence...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:41 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I hate virgin media.

They are shit.

They dont listen to you...at all...ever.

After 20 minutes on the phone to one of their "Call centre" staff (I.E. some bloke in India) and running all the tests which he told me to, he then says, ok now go onto your computer and see if you can access the internet. I could. He says "ok so everything is working, is there anything else I can help you with."

At this point, I realise that he hasnt understood my initial "Im having issues with my broadband connection, it works ok and then disconnects randomly throughout the day, it seems like the signal isnt strong enough"

So...my response to his question as to what else he can help me with is, "you can help me with the problem I described to you 20 minutes ago and stop wasting my money"

He then manages to comprehend the problem which I have and then says "oh yeah, the signal isnt really that strong" and sends some signals to improve the situation, and then tells me if I have the same problems to phone back this afternoon to arrange an engineer.

He then asks me again whether he can help me with anything else. I ask to be put through to the TV department as I still cant connect to the "on demand" service.

After about a minute and a half of speaking to her she states that the signal is nowhere near strong enough and books me an engineer to come out tomorrow.

Moral of the story is, if you have a problem with your broadband connection with virgin media, talk to the tv department...

Really had enough of them now, this has taken me over a week to get someone to actually listen to me as the problem hasnt been improved at all since the engineer came out 2 weeks ago...its getting ridiculous.

The point of my post however, is to ask for help.

When the engineer comes out and most likely, temporarily resolves the issue and then goes away thinking hes done a good job, is there any way that I can thoroughly test the connection? At the moment it seems to be working fine and then the connection will disconnect, sometimes it works for hours on end, sometimes, like last night, I get disconnected every 15 minutes for about 2 hours solidly.

Obviously this makes proving the problem somewhat difficult as I can really ask an engineer to sit here for 3 hours waiting to see if the connection disconnects or not...

Any one have any ideas?

(sorry for the rambling post...)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:56 am 
Clanger!

Ask him what the signal strength is when he walks in and when he walks out?

If thats the problem the value of when he starts should be alot different then when he leaves.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 10:57 am 
Clanger!

ow...and make sure it doenst fluctuate like mad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:21 pm 
Hi I Got Banned Coz Im a Spamming Cunt

if it helps ..

Downstream Value
Frequency 331000000 Hz Locked
Signal to Noise Ratio 36 dB
Power Level 0 dBmV
The Downstream Power Level reading is a snapshot taken at the time this page was requested. Please Reload/Refresh this Page for a new reading

Upstream Value
Channel ID 3
Frequency 34000000 Hz Ranged
Power Level 48 dBmV

Thats the signal strength readings from mine and it works fine.

Akemi wrote:
Never ever thought i would say this, but... i agree with Xui... damn i feel like i need a shower now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 12:39 pm 
Dirty Daoc Player

macey wrote:
Obviously this makes proving the problem somewhat difficult as I can really ask an engineer to sit here for 3 hours waiting to see if the connection disconnects or not...

Any one have any ideas?

(sorry for the rambling post...)

Sit the NTL engineer down and make him a cup of tea. Take your time making the tea (warm the pot, etc). Talk to him and regale him with stories of a recent holiday. Try to find what interests him or her. If it is a male engineer, for example, tell him about your encounter with the gorgeous set of jubblies. If it is a female engineer, discuss the fabulous set of fake Jimmy Choos you saw in the local market. At all costs, prevent them from getting a word in edgeways but you must do this politely. If they start to speak, offer them a biscuit or ask them if they wanted sugar and carry on with your story before they resume their dialogue. If you start to run out of material regarding the holiday story, switch to a tale of woe such as a recent relationship break up or the death of your long term companion pet goldfish (be warned that if it is a male engineer he may not give a fuck). When you have them fully entranced (bord shitless and resigned to the fact that they are not going to get away), you will be able to keep one eye on your connection and raise the point delicately if you should see a further failure. I suggest avoiding phrases such as "It's still not fixed you fucker" or "You couldn't fix a sticklebrick" as these phrases are best reserved for call centre staff. Good luck Macy. I hope this helps.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:44 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I shall quote that all at him, cheers xui.

Sift, that is the least helpful post I have ever seen...Its less helpful than some of mine :P

Cheers again all =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 7:25 pm 
N.S.F.W.

Turn your PC on and leave it on till the engineer arrives.
The engineer should be able to back check your modem logs which will show all of your recent events (mine go back a month or so). You can look over his shoulder and point out random disconnects.

You rawk Gynggyr :D You're undoubtedly my favourite welsh c*nt.
I was gonna write more, but I came directly after finishing the above sentence...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 7:39 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

So.

The engineer came out today to "fix" my connections.

Guess what?

Its worse!!!!!

In the last hour my modem has disconnected once every 10 minutes! Quite an achievement I feel.

In response to this shocking development, I sent this to the Virgin Complaints department:

I had virgin media broadband and tv installed on the 6th August 2008. From day 1 I have had problems with the broadband connection disconnecting and the TV not being able to connect to the on demand service.

I have tried to have this issue resolved, I have had an engineer sent to my house on 2 occassions to resolve this.

The issue is still massively occurent. In the last hour I have been disconnected from the internet once every 10 minutes when the modem shuts down, the event log shows that this disconnect coincides with a failed attempt at downloading upgrade software.

I attach here the event log from my modem from tonight:

First Time Last Time Priority Description Fri Aug 22 18:27:46 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:46 2008 Information (7) MAP w/initial maintenance region received Fri Aug 22 18:27:43 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:43 2008 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out Fri Aug 22 18:27:43 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:43 2008 Information (7) MAP w/initial maintenance region received Fri Aug 22 18:27:43 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:43 2008 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out Fri Aug 22 18:27:43 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:43 2008 Information (7) MAP w/initial maintenance region received Fri Aug 22 18:27:42 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:42 2008 Information (7) Downstream sync ok Fri Aug 22 18:27:42 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:42 2008 Information (7) Beginning initial ranging... Fri Aug 22 18:27:42 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:42 2008 Information (7) downstream time sync acquired... Fri Aug 22 18:27:42 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:42 2008 Information (7) Downstream sync ok Fri Aug 22 18:27:42 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:42 2008 Information (7) starting ds time sync acquisition... Fri Aug 22 18:27:39 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:39 2008 Information (7) Locked on the downstream. Waiting for UCDs... Fri Aug 22 18:27:39 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:39 2008 Information (7) Downstream lock ok Fri Aug 22 18:27:38 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:38 2008 Information (7) MAP w/initial maintenance region received Fri Aug 22 18:27:37 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:37 2008 Information (7) DS channel override in rng-rsp, re-scanning downstream Fri Aug 22 18:27:37 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:37 2008 Information (7) MAP w/initial maintenance region received Fri Aug 22 18:27:37 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:37 2008 Information (7) Downstream sync ok Fri Aug 22 18:27:37 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:37 2008 Information (7) Beginning initial ranging... Fri Aug 22 18:27:37 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:37 2008 Information (7) downstream time sync acquired... Fri Aug 22 18:27:37 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:37 2008 Information (7) Downstream sync ok Fri Aug 22 18:27:36 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:36 2008 Information (7) starting ds time sync acquisition... Fri Aug 22 18:27:34 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:34 2008 Information (7) Locked on the downstream. Waiting for UCDs... Fri Aug 22 18:27:34 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:34 2008 Information (7) Downstream lock ok Fri Aug 22 18:27:33 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:33 2008 Information (7) MAP w/initial maintenance region received Fri Aug 22 18:27:32 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:32 2008 Information (7) DS channel override in rng-rsp, re-scanning downstream Fri Aug 22 18:27:32 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:32 2008 Information (7) MAP w/initial maintenance region received Fri Aug 22 18:27:31 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:31 2008 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out Fri Aug 22 18:27:31 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:31 2008 Information (7) MAP w/initial maintenance region received Fri Aug 22 18:27:30 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:30 2008 Information (7) Downstream sync ok Fri Aug 22 18:27:30 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:30 2008 Information (7) MAP w/initial maintenance region received Fri Aug 22 18:27:30 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:30 2008 Information (7) Beginning initial ranging... Fri Aug 22 18:27:30 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:30 2008 Information (7) downstream time sync acquired... Fri Aug 22 18:27:30 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:27:30 2008 Information (7) Downstream sync ok.

This should be somewhat self explanatory, i.e. the modem does not work.

I have spent £10 phoning your service line in the last week to try and get some help with the broadband, and this has achieved nothing. When I explained the situation to your engineer when he was in my flat today, he seemed less than interested with my problem stating that "the modem locks on fine every time", when I tried to explain that it worked fine for a while and then stopped working, he seemed even more disinterested.

Nothing has been done to resolve this problem.

Please remedy this within the next 3 working days.

I expect someone to phone me on the above number, I do not wish to be contacted by email in relation to this matter.

I wonder if they will...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:17 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

You haven't requested any refunds or compensation, loss of earnings through waiting in for an engineer or any gestures of goodwill such as free upgrades to your broadband package.

Also you could ask for a refund of your line rental and broadband costs whilst the service has been down.

The shittier the mail, the less interested they will become I imagine.

EN

| ASBO Allstar | Gypo Jihad | EvilNeileeeee | Gnorty Rascal | Kylie Age 8 | PSIco | Huntcliff | Bruv #1 | Eyema GonnaTakeYouToAGheyBar |

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:46 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I thought about asking for that kindve thing, but tbh all i want is for the fucking thing to work...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 11:20 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

macey wrote:
I thought about asking for that kindve thing, but tbh all i want is for the fucking thing to work...

I bet your employer says that regularly tbh... ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 8:57 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Luckily for me Im unemployed again and going back to university :P

Although the firm I did my placement with have told me there is a job waiting for me when I finish :D

Shame I cant stand the place...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:09 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

macey wrote:
Shame I cant stand the place...

Welcome to working life ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 9:57 am 

The unfortunate problem with most home visits engineers these days is the the big companies seem to think that anyone can do the job and that its soo simple no training is required.

You and me both know this isnt true but that does leave us with the sort of fucking dispondant retard that really doesnt give a shit and doesnt really know wtf he is doing either.

Christ it sounds like most of the techs left working at my place..

Akemi wrote:
Never ever thought i would say this, but... i agree with Xui... damn i feel like i need a shower now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 10:47 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

This is the log from my router when its been cutting off...

MODEM | TOOLS

CABLE MODEM
• Information
• Status
• Downstream
• Upstream
• Upstream Burst
• Operation Config.
• Event Log

Cable Modem Event Log

First Time Last Time Priority Description
Fri Aug 22 20:33:03 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:33:03 2008 Information (7) CableModem software upgrade failed
Fri Aug 22 20:33:03 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:33:03 2008 Error (4) SW upgrade Failed after download - Incompatible SW file
Fri Aug 22 20:33:03 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:33:03 2008 Information (7) SW dload: Invalid image signature!
Fri Aug 22 20:33:01 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:33:01 2008 Notice (6) SW Download INIT - Via Config file cmreg-ntlhm250-light.cm
Fri Aug 22 20:33:01 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:33:01 2008 Information (7) CableModem software download started
Fri Aug 22 20:33:01 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:33:01 2008 Information (7) Software upgrade has started.
Fri Aug 22 20:33:00 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:33:00 2008 Information (7) A software upgrade filename was specified in the config file.
Fri Aug 22 20:33:00 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:33:00 2008 Information (7) Authorized
Fri Aug 22 20:33:00 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:33:00 2008 Information (7) Registration complete!
Fri Aug 22 20:32:59 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:32:59 2008 Information (7) We registered with a DOCSIS 1.0 config file!
Fri Aug 22 20:32:59 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:32:59 2008 Information (7) Received a REG-RSP message from the CMTS...
Fri Aug 22 20:32:59 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:32:59 2008 Information (7) Sending a REG-REQ to the CMTS...
Fri Aug 22 20:32:59 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:32:59 2008 Information (7) CableModem SNMP configure complete
Fri Aug 22 20:32:57 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:32:57 2008 Information (7) IP init completed ok
Fri Aug 22 20:32:57 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:32:57 2008 Information (7) CableModem TFTP init ok
Fri Aug 22 20:32:53 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:32:53 2008 Error (4) ToD request sent- No Response received
Fri Aug 22 20:32:53 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:32:53 2008 Information (7) CableModem DHCP client init ok
Fri Aug 22 20:32:53 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:32:53 2008 Critical (3) DHCP WARNING - Non-critical field invalid in response.
Fri Aug 22 20:32:45 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:32:45 2008 Information (7) MAP w/initial maintenance region received
Fri Aug 22 20:32:43 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:32:43 2008 Critical (3) No Ranging Response received - T3 time-out
Fri Aug 22 20:32:43 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:32:43 2008 Information (7) MAP w/initial maintenance region received
Fri Aug 22 20:32:43 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:32:43 2008 Information (7) Downstream sync ok
Fri Aug 22 20:32:43 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:32:43 2008 Information (7) Beginning initial ranging...
Fri Aug 22 20:32:43 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:32:43 2008 Information (7) downstream time sync acquired...
Fri Aug 22 20:32:43 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:32:43 2008 Information (7) Downstream sync ok
Fri Aug 22 20:32:42 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:32:42 2008 Information (7) starting ds time sync acquisition...
Fri Aug 22 20:32:39 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:32:39 2008 Information (7) Locked on the downstream. Waiting for UCDs...
Fri Aug 22 20:32:39 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:32:39 2008 Information (7) Downstream lock ok
Fri Aug 22 20:32:37 2008 Fri Aug 22 20:32:37 2008 Information (7) DS channel override in rng-rsp, re-scanning downstream
Fri Aug 22 18:34:44 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:34:44 2008 Information (7) CableModem software upgrade failed
Fri Aug 22 18:34:44 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:34:44 2008 Error (4) SW upgrade Failed after download - Incompatible SW file
Fri Aug 22 18:34:44 2008 Fri Aug 22 18:34:44 2008 Information (7) SW dload: Invalid image signature!

To me that shows that its definately their end which is at fault...would I be right in that assumption?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:31 pm 
Dirty Daoc Player

Why do you think it is a problem with the modem? I don't imagine your set top box would use the modem and if that is having issues too.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:55 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I just think something is interfering with the downstream connection, it keeps dropping and the signal is inconsistant, all I can think it is, as they say that the signal strength is fine then it is an issue with the modem itself rather than anything else.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 6:59 pm 
Dirty Daoc Player

I would phone customer services, rather than technical support, to let them know how unhappy you are. Try to keep it constructive though. Those are the people you will need to talk to in order to get remuneration too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 3:29 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Did the engineer fix your on demand?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 9:58 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

He fixed the on demand for about an hour and now its not worked for 2 days again. He said that the problem with the tv was the box but the signal on the normal tv is still breaking up constantly and none of hte interactive services work