rift

Post subject: rift
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:42 pm 
Hi I Got Banned Coz Im a Spamming Cunt

too busy playing to post on here ..

awesome fun 8)

Akemi wrote:
Never ever thought i would say this, but... i agree with Xui... damn i feel like i need a shower now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 9:46 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I thought the same to be honest

Tis the time for WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHHH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:50 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Busy levelling? Then Kalmar's Guide can solve that for you! http://kalmarsguide.com/ -- level 50 in 4 days, and you get to know how, for the facile price of $47!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 7:52 pm 
N.S.F.W.

Buying a new rig so have postponed joining till then, hopefully in a few weeks.
Probably take me a month to get used to windows 7 mind. :wink:

You rawk Gynggyr :D You're undoubtedly my favourite welsh c*nt.
I was gonna write more, but I came directly after finishing the above sentence...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:55 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Trying to stay mmo free atm :)

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:00 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

As am I. A wise choice with a new job m8. :ets hope Sify has been wise too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2011 9:01 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Same as you both, new job, registered for my PhD and I start my PGCertHE in a few months too.... if I want to stand the remotest of chances of completing any of them, I need to keep away from MMO's :)

| ASBO Allstar | Gypo Jihad | EvilNeileeeee | Gnorty Rascal | Kylie Age 8 | PSIco | Huntcliff | Bruv #1 | Eyema GonnaTakeYouToAGheyBar |

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:16 am 

/me waves hand

Come play RIFT Goose .. It will be all your own idea with no outside peer pressure .. honest..

/me lowers hand and moves on ;)

Akemi wrote:
Never ever thought i would say this, but... i agree with Xui... damn i feel like i need a shower now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:19 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Having watched a few videos I think it looks pretty good in fairness... I've crumbled and ordered a copy as it's £17 at shopto at the moment :)

| ASBO Allstar | Gypo Jihad | EvilNeileeeee | Gnorty Rascal | Kylie Age 8 | PSIco | Huntcliff | Bruv #1 | Eyema GonnaTakeYouToAGheyBar |

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 5:19 pm 

awesome m8

we are on Bloodiron PVP server as Guardian

/w Killian (me) , Sift , Fish or Calana for a guild invite

Akemi wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:48 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

talking to xui on msn when I am tired and grumpy is a bad idea.

Should see you in game over the weekend at some point. I refuse to get too hooked on this game tho :p

I'm cancelling my subs if this turns into another mmo addiction!

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:57 pm 
Trained Forum Monkey

I've cancelled my WOW sub - up in mid April.

Not going to go to RIfFt tho - sorry :(

Going to play domw Dragon Age 2 and wait for SW:TOR as my next MMO. I don't think it'll be too long beofre its released.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 12:07 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

What do you lot do? Put Rohypnol in the wife and kids' dinner? If I spent more than 5 minutes on my computer in the evenings I get one of them moaning at me to do something, I'd never get away with playing a game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 12, 2011 1:17 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Beans wrote:
What do you lot do? Put Rohypnol in the wife and kids' dinner? If I spent more than 5 minutes on my computer in the evenings I get one of them moaning at me to do something, I'd never get away with playing a game.

I play once everyone else has gone to bed...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 12:18 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I still play css tis the bees knees.

Its actually pretty awful.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 9:24 pm 
N.S.F.W.

Beans wrote:

Send the kids to bed and tell the wife she can watch 'her' tele programs while you game or suggest it's time she let you hit her in the butt. Works for me :wink:
Never get butt sex though :cry:
But hassle free gaming :D

I was gonna write more, but I came directly after finishing the above sentence...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:43 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Beans wrote:

I have a south american gf; they're not much for l'égalité des sexes. She was brought up on the old "man in the house must be served" idea, and even if she _knows_ that that shit's just wrong it's quite ingrained.

There's also the fact that she's a geek as well and plays WoW. But yeah, family does take a lot of playing time away from me. Good thing the stepdaughter's worse than me, so she sits at the computer from when she gets home to bed time, doesn't even eat unless you remind her (which is bad, but what can you do when her mother doesn't see any problems with it?).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 5:09 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Gynggyr wrote:
Send the kids to bed
Now that's where the problem is. Logan won't go to bed until I do unless he's very very tired and considering he can nap when he wants whilst I'm stuck at work chances are I'll want to go to bed before he does. I tried the whole proper bedtime and constantly putting him to bed every time he got out but he acted like a poor beaten orphan child so the wife told me to stop.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:45 am 
N.S.F.W.

Beans wrote:
Gynggyr wrote:
Send the kids to bed
Now that's where the problem is. Logan won't go to bed until I do unless he's very very tired and considering he can nap when he wants whilst I'm stuck at work chances are I'll want to go to bed before he does. I tried the whole proper bedtime and constantly putting him to bed every time he got out but he acted like a poor beaten orphan child so the wife told me to stop.

Buy a shed :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 16, 2011 2:06 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I dunno if it's just me having a bit of a downer on rift in general but I find that I get bored of it very easily...

Graphics (barring the rift forming) aren't amazing, content is derivative and mostly seems to be of the "whatever, skip to the end" variety and the "warfronts" are a little dull.

I think the models of the humans and the dwarves are really poor. Dwarves walk and run like they've sat on something painful and it's still stuck there... Humans all seem to have slightly alien proportions.. legs too long, bodies too long and arms too short.

The elves are ok...

Hmph. I'm going to play it for a week and see if this is just first impressions being bad and me finding it difficult to get into the game as I am 30 lvls behind everyone.

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2011 8:08 am 
Dirty Daoc Player

Gangster No:1 wrote:
As am I. A wise choice with a new job m8. :ets hope Sify has been wise too.

Umm no... Level 50 in 6 days :) I am managing to o to bed at a sensible hour though so it's all good.

My honest opinion of Rift is that it is a good mixture of the best bits from various MMOs. It has some PvP class balance issues and lack of end game content right now but I found the journey quite enjoyable. Very easily solo able, if you can't or don't want to find groups outside of guild, which is great for grumpy basts like me. I'm hoping the game will continue to evolve but don't expect anything that breaks from the usual MMO mould.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2011 8:46 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

rift wrote:
This email confirms that you have canceled your automatic subscription renewal for RIFT. Your service will remain active, and you may continue playing, until Apr 10, 2011.

Anyone who wishes to try rift out for free - drop me a pm and you can play on my account until the sub is up :)

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:45 am 

Im gonna have to take a break from this until the PVP is fixed ..

Renzol (Lvl 50 warrior Paragon/Reaver/Pally) got jumped by a lvl 39 tank. He couldnt even scratch it .. He was doing no damage to it at all yet the lvl 39 was hitting him hard.. Now correct me if im wrong but that isnt right in any shape or form.

PS .. I did rip the piss out of him badly for losing though ;)

Akemi wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:14 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Sounds like there are a few issues, I've subbed for quite a while in advance, mainly because I know I won't be able to commit much time so getting to 50 will be quite slow :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2011 3:39 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Beans a month ago wrote:
This game hasn't even managed to get it's own forum! Just a lowly thread in on the Horizon, I'll give it a couple of months tops before you're all sick of it :P
:P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:56 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Yeah, I'm taking a break as well -- I can't afford it (!), it's not that fun, and I've much more stuff to do than sit at the computer being unproductive (!).

Might come back later, if they show anything interesting.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:18 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Beans wrote:
Beans a month ago wrote:
This game hasn't even managed to get it's own forum! Just a lowly thread in on the Horizon, I'll give it a couple of months tops before you're all sick of it :P
:P

In all fairness Beans I said all along it would be shit, but I got talked into buying it from all the rave reviews that it got.

I think 90% of my issue with rift is that I just don't want to get hooked back into games atm and when I get in from work I want to spend time away from computers with the family.

It's a bit of a change, no doubt the next big game will get me all hooked again and I'll be back spending far too much time on the computer again.

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 3:25 pm 
Dirty Daoc Player

The journey to 50 in Rift is great; well worth playing as they have taken the best bits from the good MMOs. However, Trion seem to have been a little short sighted though, as end game is a bit bolloxed. They seem to have introduced a temporary solution, which is to reduce the progression rewards (e.g. faction rewards for daily quests have been reduced by over 66%) so it will take people longer to exhaust the content opportunities.

- The only way to get better gear is to go through dungeons and hope for drops or to earn plaques, which you get from taking part in expert dungeons. Lots and lots of running the same dungeons gets tedious. True PvP gear (there is some cross over) is separate and can be bought with currency earned by taking part in PvP.

- As Xui mentions, PvP is unbalanced. As are the Warfronts / Battlegrounds PvP instances. While one team can enter with 10 rogues, the other team can enter with an excellent mix of DPS and healing. There is nothing to match up opposing sides to avoid one team getting a bloody good mashing. Hence there are a number of pre-made parties that continually rape the other side in the shortest duration warfront (therefore maximising PvP reward).

- There is no incentive to do open world RvR. No keeps, no objectives that give rewards. Nothing to make you want to go and do it. Haven't looked to see if there are any plans in the pipeline for this but it will be an opportunity lost if they don't. And from my perspective, a game killer.

Hope they get a move on and develop some open world RvR incentives as I'm sure that I'm not the only one wondering what MMO is next in the pipeline.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2011 8:41 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I enjoyed the little time I got to spend playing it, but I think I was kidding myself that I have time to be playing an MMO properly... I don't and as a result I've not been able to log in for the past couple of weeks.

Shame as I quite enjoyed playing as a stealther.