Bad monitor LG226WTQ

Post subject: Bad monitor LG226WTQ
PostPosted: Tue May 01, 2007 12:51 pm 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

So I just returned one of these
http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/662/l226wttx4.jpg
because it developed an entire line of dead pixels. Its the LG L226WT model with a 5ms response time.

While in the shop, I noticed a newer version had been released since for a fiver extra, with 2ms response time. I thought "fuckin A Ill have some of that instead". Its the LG L226WTQ (q for 'quick')

However, when dragging windows on it, there are tracers and pinkish shadows. While playing games, the smooth gradients of colour changes become layered whenever I turn in a different direction (especially annoying when playing EVE since the screen vibrates a little while warping = lots of gas clusters looking like collages).

Im totally baffled how it can perform so shit. Looks like Im gonna have to return it again but do I just ask for the 5ms one again, or do I put my trust in the fact its another faulty model and get a replacement? Its weird because my other monitor is also LG, a 17" version and Ive never had a single problem with it.

[15:54:29] Dacovale > just a flying visit to transer some isk to my new mining char

Last edited by Delta on Sun May 27, 2007 7:06 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2007 7:04 pm 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

Just an FYI - steer clear of that monitor if youre looking to buy one. Took it back to the shop and the guy showed me the same problem on all of them. LG226WTQ = pish, but the model before it is fine.

Conveniently for them its a manufacturing issue so they wont offer support which means Im stuck with it unless I get in touch with LG in Japan. :(

[15:54:29] Dacovale > just a flying visit to transer some isk to my new mining char

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:21 am 
Dirty Daoc Player

Do the rules work differently in Japan then? In the UK, your contract is with the vendor so if there is a problem with what you purchase, it is their responsibility to either sort it or provide you with a method to sort it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 5:07 am 
Hi I Got Banned Coz Im a Spamming Cunt
Hi I Got Banned Coz Im a Spamming Cunt

Phillips Brilliance 200W

persuaded a couple of friends to buy one and ive got one myself :)

Akemi wrote:
Never ever thought i would say this, but... i agree with Xui... damn i feel like i need a shower now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 10:49 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

seen this issue with all types of product in readers letters in the mags lots of shops try it on but they are the vendor and have the liabilty not you .Only if you get nowhere with them would you even consider taking the manufacturer route.dunno who you bought from but offer to take it up with trading standards and write to computeractive may make em nervous.these days you need to make a bit of noise to get your legal rights.basically the monitor is unfit for purpose you have the right to return it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 12:37 pm 
Clanger!

geezer wrote:
seen this issue with all types of product in readers letters in the mags lots of shops try it on but they are the vendor and have the liabilty not you .Only if you get nowhere with them would you even consider taking the manufacturer route.dunno who you bought from but offer to take it up with trading standards and write to computeractive may make em nervous.these days you need to make a bit of noise to get your legal rights.basically the monitor is unfit for purpose you have the right to return it.

Would this go for Japan as well then...seeing he bought it and lives there ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 2:03 pm 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

When I took the first monitor back, they were adamant that they werent liable as it was out of the first week of purchase, where "initial failures" allow you to return it. Outside that week you have to contact the manufacturer. My mate was with me and his uber lingo skills persuaded them otherwise.
This time I went back on my own, and had no chance against them :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 28, 2007 3:00 pm 
Clanger!

They were probably going "buy a new one you cheap scottish git" in Japanese at you :P