Done, just need a few more bits

Post subject: Done, just need a few more bits
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:01 am 
WanabeMage

CASE: CoolerMaster Stacker 831 420W Case NEW!

CPU: (Socket AM2) AMD Athlon™64 X2 5200+ Dual-Core CPU
FAN: Thermaltake Big Typhoon CPU Cooler
MOTHERBOARD: Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe nForce 590 SLI MCP Chipset
MEMORY: Corsair XMS2 (2x1GB) PC6400 DDR2/800 Dual Channel Memory

CD: SONY DUAL FORMAT 18X DVD±R/±RW + CD-R/RW DRIVE DUAL LAYER
FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer

HDD1: 160GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8MB Cache 7200RPM HDD
HDD2: 160GB SATA-II 3.0Gb/s 8M Cache 7200RPM HDD

POWERSUPPLY: OCZ GameXStream 600W SLI Ready Power Supply

£1154 http://www.cyberpowersystem.co.uk/

Now all i have to do is hunt down a 22" windscreen worthy of the pc, and oh shit i forgot to add a tv card to the order.
Have to call em tomorrow see if that can be sorted, if not i'll opend it up and void my warrant from the get go lol . :(
Well anyway opinions on the moniter?, this will be the main tv in that room now so.

**Edit**

Video : XFX NVIDIA Geforce 8800 GTX 768mb

and yeah price is hte only worry i had tbh, but i did systems like that on a few sites and they worked out more so.

Last edited by Natania on Thu Aug 09, 2007 12:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:57 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

If i was spending over a grand for a pc I would want a gfx card does Asus M2N32-SLI Deluxe nForce 590 SLI MCP Chipset have onboard gfx ? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:01 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Yeah, I'm sure you've missed a couple of things in that list. If not,
what is so expensive that gets you over 1 grand?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 10:38 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

StarTech.com LP4 TO 6 PIN PCI EXPRESS Adapt
£2.80
Hitachi Deskstar T7K200 200GB S300 8MB x2
£69.65
XFX GeForce 8800GTX 768MB DDR3 PCIE Dual DVI XT ED
£345.56
Samsung DVD+-R/RW IDE LightScribe Black with Nero
£18.78
Corsair Memory TWIN2X2048-6400C4 2x1GB 240-Pin DIMM XMS2-6400 CL4

£68.25
AMD Athlon 64 X2 5200 AM2
£99.86
(4.524kg) £7.00 del total (inc VAT) £611.90
mainboard £64.12 ebuyer del free rest from dabs assuming you have a case and psu that would have 2 spare molex to use the pcie adaptor gfx card is faster version hdd's slightly larger no card reader cba but they are 12-15 quid .AMD Athlon 64 X2 6000+ AM2 3.0GHz is only £5 more

Just food for thought m8 :?

btw some ppl say the timings for ram are better on ocz ram price is approx same so no big http://www.dabs.com/productview.aspx?Quicklinx=4KZD
heatsink is £23 plus post from specialtech.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:07 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Sorry to hog this post but this may change mind on cooler http://www.anandtech.com/casecooling/sh ... i=3005&p=1
to shorten it to a conclusion down facing fans can't beat the side blowers with or without heatpipes but on the good side gives you lots of others to look at.
atm I am enjoying looking at http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/105994 cost £16 and its HUGE Gnomey could hide behind it :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:59 am 
Clanger!

geezer wrote:
Sorry to hog this post but this may change mind on cooler http://www.anandtech.com/casecooling/sh ... i=3005&p=1
to shorten it to a conclusion down facing fans can't beat the side blowers with or without heatpipes but on the good side gives you lots of others to look at.
atm I am enjoying looking at http://www.ebuyer.com/UK/product/105994 cost £16 and its HUGE Gnomey could hide behind it :wink:

Got that last one on my Intel E6750...aces tbh, draws all the hot air from the northbridge as well and blows it out the backend...

insert arse related pun here...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 3:34 pm 
WanabeMage

You could have posted all this on the last topic where i was thinking about what to get not having got it. :P
Oh well money's spent now, :roll:
Was easyer to have it built this time i think.
I cant afford anything to go wrong atm, i dont have the cash for a Pc at all really.
Also as i'll need a working Pc come september.

I'd have much prefered to build it or take goose up on his offer, and this will be the last pc i buy though.
Pain I couldnt risk it this time though as the extra cash would have been nice for little extras for it.
But i did need a new PSU, old one was under 500mw, and case, well ok i just liked the look of that one tbh.

oh but thanks for the info, not sure if its a good or bad thing its ordered now lol :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 5:52 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

m8 if it works its gotta be good :wink: you can shop and research forever and still find fault with what you buy :? took me 3 weeks to pick a mainboard and cpu to start my upgrade as my gear is 3200 amd barton and assus mainbord atm :shock: the case and psu can put £200 on the price easy these days going forward you may want to get a vga cooler arctic cooling or zalman seem popular

PS when u said "done" i took you to mean thats my final thoughts now i will order it not "i have just ordered it " :o

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 8:17 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Nat

Will be interested in your view of cyberpower systems once you've got it as I am considering ordering from them. Could only find positive stuff about them (hence posting the link in other post) but first hand experience can't be beat.

Cheers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:06 pm 
WanabeMage

So far good, 1 piece of advice, make ur pc on a few different systems, thier sites broken or someting and the price changes from system to sytem, they fixed it though soon as i pointed it out got £50 back off them.

I think the AMD SLI 900 worked out cheepest.
I went with them for the same reason, good reviews and good responce to all my questions.
I really need Ms word again, i cant tell how much im missing and im posting alot lol...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 10:50 am 
WanabeMage

I had to fix a couple bays that they hadn't fitted right (well ok they were ok but i tidied them up).

I'm missing 2 of the extras that come with the case (extra fan fittings), calling about that in a moment. (that i've fond so far)

Memory is different to what i order'd its ocz gold
(going to look it up in a mo, and call em ask why)

CPU fan is identical from what i can tell just an unknown name (search is hard as it all seems to be in euro languages :( )
Though i think im ok with that, had it running its quiet and smooth, and alot freaking bigger than i though lol.

Other than that its clean and tidy, build looks good, (no os atm just doing that now)
They called let me know it was coming yesterday, were helpful.

So all in all i'd use them again, though that could change after i've had a chat to them in a few.

(oh and i had the 5200 for the 2x1mb cash over the others as tbh i didnt see the need for that much more power and seem'd the better option.)
though im probably wrong

--------------------- EDIT --------------------

Nope after a chat with the tech guy, more than happy with the changes, mem is aparently more stable, (so i'll accept that tbh).
And the only component thats different about the fan is the fan on the end its blue with lights not orange, lol..
which i was planing on doing anyway. heat seems fine anyway so im not going to fuss.
The missing parts for the case should be on thier way. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 12:45 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Nat

Don't worry. you WILL NOT be disappointed by your graphics card.

my 8800 gtx is teh sex. It was £350 + VAT when I bought mine and I still think it was well worth it almost a year later.

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:11 pm 
WanabeMage

yeah im looking forward to getting something with gfx on it, wish i could have waited till they bring the 9's out but..