Zone Alarms on Vista

Post subject: Zone Alarms on Vista
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 5:27 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Well I got a new PC today and started to try and make it usable so installed a few of my usual apps then got to Zone Alarms and all of a sudden I'm getting Blue Screen of Death as soon as I login. I remove it and the PC seems to run fine (well as fine as it gets with Vista). Has anyone else had this problem?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 6:49 am 
Clanger!

Found this in their support forums

Quote:
4.){must} if you have any other Security programs Like NAV, or Norton Internet Security Suite, McAfee, or any other AV or Firewall programs (any pre-installed security software that often comes with new pc/laptops's), you need to uninstall them.. to be on the safe side. Shutdown/shut-off or un-install other anti-spyware software -SpySweeper, SpywareDoctor, CounterSpy, Windows Defender, etc. prior to downloading ZA Vista. Afterwards, you may restart them, but be aware that their real time protective/monitoring elements may conflict with ZA products = shields/guards/watches, etc. You may have to shut off all or most of them (tweak to find out which can co-exist with ZA [watch pc performance/CPU cycles, etc.] which may leave you with a "on-demand anti-spyware scanner" only/ or with some shields.
5.) {must} if removing Any Symantec/ Norton Programs or McAfee... ADD/Remove is not good enough, you must also go to Symantec Web site and download their "Norton_Removal_Tool.exe" to remove all traces of Symantec/Norton files that may conflict with the NEW ZA for Vista..

from http://forums.zonealarm.org/zonelabs/bo ... e.id=69983

Windows Defender + Vista firewall is reasonably good tho, teamed up with Symantec Corporate you're good to go...imo offcourse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 7:36 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Thankyouplease. I can't be arsed with all that faffing around at the moment so I'll be giving it a miss for now, especially as I just found out that Visual Studio 2003 isn't supported on Vista which was the whole purpose of rushing a PC purchase, time to dig out XP 64 iso me thinks