Liquid cooling advice

Post subject: Liquid cooling advice
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:06 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Im looking to get some liquid cooling for the first time ever and am anxious to make the right choices, does anyone here have experience with this and is able to advise what to go for.

I am looking to cool cpu (e4500@3.0ghz stock cooler), vgax2 (8800gts 640mb no oc), and NB(nforce680i) with the possibility of memory too if I can get my hands on some OCZ water cool ready stuff I've been eyeing up. I have around £250 to spend on it and really want to make a decision that will have a noticable effect and yet last me through the next few upgrades.

Should I go for a kit that does it all or would I be better getting seperate parts and building it up myself? Will I require anything extra like additional radiators or bigger coolers to handle more than just CPU? Are the fanless Zalmann solutions any good?

Ive done some research on these topics but opinions seem to be very varied and results are certainly different, so any input is much appreciated.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 9:27 pm 
Clanger!

Not much knowledge about liquid cooling, pumping water into a running PC kinda sets me of ;)

Liquid cooling ready memory: http://www.cclonline.com/product-info.a ... rer_id=261

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 10:05 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Was a bit worried about that myself until I found out you use a non conductive coolant so even a rare leak would not be a problem.

Thats the memory im looking to getting in the new year but the 1066mhz version.

I guess my biggest concern is wether a single radiator is gonna be enough for 4 or more blocks, and if its possible to add extra radiators. It really is one area of PC building I have zero knowledge on :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:13 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Water cooling while more available is still kinda extreme ,have spent many happy hours looking at black ice radiators n blocks for various things chipset cpu etc comes down to how seriously you wanna push your hardware and how anti-noise you are.
some seriously big air cool solutions out there freezer pro 7 etc have got a 4400 2.0ghz at 2.75 ghz on just a cheap asrock board with not volt mods just plugged n prayed
£250 would buy a better chip or better mb m8
If you just want a faster pc look at other options tbh but if you want a new hobby water cooling is for you along with many hours of rebooting rebenchmarking voltmodding etc ....... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:55 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Yeah its not so much about pushing the components further as Im managing approx 40% stable overclock anyway on stockcooling and thats plenty although its a nice side effect :) Its more about have something new to play around with, Im looking to upgrade during next year but for now I really am happy with peformance and just want to experiment a little.

Currently my idea is now to just focus on the cpu and add in extra blocks at a later date, the asetek waterchill cpu kit is only £150 and has very good reviews. The leftovers will probably go on getting a good NB block.

I am still drooling over theVaporchill XE II unit, the idea of having an idle cpu at sub zero temperatures just makes me giggle with amazement. But the £550 pricetag and the fact it probably sounds like a jet engine put me off slightly. Its nice to dream however :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 23, 2007 12:56 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

EDIT * Stupid crappy work internet...remove double post*