TV wallmounts

Post subject: TV wallmounts
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 6:13 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Reet not quite a PC issue but an issue none the less. Rather than being sensible and paying off my overdraft I decided to replace our ancient TV and bought a new one so I could hook my PC up to it and use it as a media center. Now my issue is finding a decent wall mount, the ones I've seen in stores are about $200 where as I've seen a couple on Amazon for $25 or less. Now I know I don't want to shell out $200 unless I have to but I also don't want to wake up one day to a living cover in bits of TV or a squashed child so does anyone know anything about them or recommend a decent one?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 6:19 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I'll take that as a no then :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:16 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

wallwhut?

:)

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:59 pm 
WanabeMage

Ordered something that looked exactly like these a while back as I was going into a corner.
Holds my 26" fine, their was a similar one with 4 wall screws for heavier units but I cant see it now..
My dad being all engineer n stuff looked it over too and reckons it'd hold a lot more weight then what they say too.

If you dont need the arm then anything like this is your best bet, as if your worried you could put a fair few anchor screws into the wall.
their are swivel arm versions too..

As long as its not a partition wall with fuck all to screw into lol.
M8 when he did that, he just caught the tv lucky for him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 5:04 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Yee the 2nd one is the kind I was looking at. This one to be precise. I reckon it should be OK weight wise as it's only 42" and the thing says up to 60. Bit miffed that I spent $30 on a HDMI cable though when that comes with a free one but I guess I could always use it to hook something else to the TV.

The wall should be OK though I'll be making sure I drill it into the studs. Either that or if I can figure out a way to make wireless transmit the cable to the TV I could stick it on our brick chimney as we never use the fireplace though that might be more hassle than I can handle after all I started painting the room a month ago and still haven't bothered finishing.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 6:21 pm 
WanabeMage

Aye looks fine, but given your going into wood id be tempted to pick up some decent grip screws and try to get 3 in a side in.
Probably overkill but I've not mounted anything into stud walls just brick.

But if you wanted it over the fireplace, you could dig out some mortar and fill in over the top to hide the wire.
lot of work though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:54 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

It's more the hassle of getting the wire from where it is now to the chimney the other side of the room I'm worried about rather than it looking bad. There's going to be wires anyways as I use my PC as a media center and with Logan around there's really no point worrying about the wires looking messy when he's busy trashing every other part of the room.