WS and weapon crafting after the CU

Post subject: WS and weapon crafting after the CU
PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2005 10:18 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Q: Are weapon components (Power handlers, Barrels etc) stats any different from what they are now?

There isn't a whole lot of difference in the components themselves, although the specific values on them will have been tweaked some. In addition to the various number tweaks to bring components in line with final weapon values, we've also made some balance changes - scopes for instance will add accuracy to a weapon but will also slow the weapon down some (depending on how you experiment on it).

Q: Has experimentation changed at all? For example does experimentiong in EFFICIENCY actually decrease HAM costs by more than 1 per point used?

Some of the experimentation lines for weapon crafting have also been split - speed and damage are no longer on the same experimentation line for instance. Experimentation in general has been adapted to the new weapon stats, so you may see some new/different experimentation lines from what you are used to.

... durability is entirely a function of resources. The durability experimentation line was removed to make room for more [comparatively] important stat lines.

Q: I'm curious that with weapons seeming to have a preset range (0 - 35 for CDEFs, 0 - 65 for T21s) and no range experimentation on the final assembly (Damage, Speed and Efficiency on the CDEF I made), how will scopes now work?

... scopes add accuracy to your weapon, but take away some speed. Both stats can be experimented on.

Since we no longer have min/mid/max range bonuses (because we no longer have min/mid/max range accuracy differences), we moved to one "general accuracy" value. The "Accuracy" on a weapon should stack with your other accuracy modifiers (from skill mods, etc). You will also notice we got rid of the "mid distance" stat all together. Weapons now only have min/max distances.

Q: Are the new weapons already given to us or are they all in loot/quest schematics?

Some are put in the skilltrees and others will be loot/quest schematics.

Co-opted from ImaTwilek:

* In the WS skill tree:

Master Level:
- Blaster Fist
- Czerka Dart Carbine
- Intimidator
- Death Hammer
- E5
- Massassi Knuckler

x/4/x/x (Master Firearms crafting):
- Renegade Pistol

3/x/x/x (Expert Melee Weapons Crafting)
- Cryo Lance
- Electric Polearms
- RSF Sword

New weapons available on TC whose schematics are not present in the WS skilltree (presumably the looted ones):

- Pistols: Alliance Disruptor, Flare Pistol, Flechette Pistol

- Carbines: Alliance Needler, Bothan Bola, Geonosian Carbine, Proton Carbine

- Rifles: High Velocity Sniper Rifle, LD1 Rifle, Massassi Ink Rifle, Proton Rifle

- Unarmed: Black Sun Razor Knuckler

- 1H Swords: 'Twilek' Dagger, Junta Mace, Marauder Sword, Acid Sword, Massassi Sword, Janta Knife, Donkuwa Knife

- 2H Swords: Kashyyk Sword, Sith Sword

- Polearms: Kaminoan Great Staff, Massassi Lance, Shock Lance, Kashyyk Bladestick

Q: How are currently crafted uber weapons going to be after the update goes live?

One of the goals of CU is to eliminate "broken" weapons. All weapons will be brought within a reasonable range under the new system, using crafting values as a baseline. If you had an uber weapon before the CU item conversion you will still have an uber weapon afterwards. The person with the highest max damage weapon before the CU should still have the highest max damage weapon afterwards (relatively speaking) - just probably not as far out of line as what is currently possible.

The point values of the DOTs will not be converted on a 1-1 ratio; instead a formula is used to derive a more reasonable value for the end weapon. All weapon values will be modified to be within acceptable (from a balance perspective) ranges of the new weapon target numbers. The truth of the matter is that there are some very overpowered DOT weapons in the world, and those weapons will no doubt lose much of their punch. These weapons should, however, still be relatively excellent weapons within the new system - just not the overpowered uber weapons they are now.

Q: After the CU has gone live, will the Krayt Tissues and other enhancements that I have in storage be similarly adapted one way or another? Will they be increased to match the increased value (overall) of the advanced weapons that we have seen so far? Will they be toned down to stop 'uber' weapons from popping up again? Will they disappear entirely?

We're looking into that right now with internal testing. We're in the middle of a crafting values balance pass, so it's hard to say how exactly this will end up.

Q: Are the recipes for the current weapons staying the same?

Basic components can go into weapons that call for advanced, but advanced components can not go into weapons that call for basic. One of the big reasons for this change is that the advanced components can seriously throw a low level weapon out of line, which is non-optimal when trying to balance low-level content. It will also reinforce the fact that low-level smiths can compete in the supply of low-level combatants.

Q: If noob weapons can only be made with basic parts, what happens to the weapons we've made with high end parts? I've made a bunch of nym and krayt enhanced D-18's and DL44's and I enjoy using them. But if they become useless due to a massive damage nerf....

If you had the most powerful DL44 available on the server before the conversion process, you will still have the most powerful DL44 on the server after conversion. All weapon stats will, however, be brought within a reasonable range of their post-CU target numbers. For balance reasons we can no longer allow overpowered novice weapons, which was a major reason for no longer allowing advanced components in novice level weapons.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 9:12 am 
Hi I Got Banned Coz Im a Spamming Cunt

Quote:
All weapons will be brought within a reasonable range under the new system

Quote:
All weapon values will be modified to be within acceptable (from a balance perspective) ranges of the new weapon target numbers.

Quote:
All weapon stats will, however, be brought within a reasonable range of their post-CU target numbers

"ive got a bad feeling about this"

Akemi wrote:
Never ever thought i would say this, but... i agree with Xui... damn i feel like i need a shower now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 11:11 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

From a crafting point of view it doesn't look to bad. For example we will be able to experiment on both speed and damage.

The question tho is: Will all weapons be the same?
I.e. will what is a super acklay PH today still be "super" or will it just be "a bit better" then other PH's...? I guess we will know soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 18, 2005 7:14 pm 

i been on the tc a lot recently (when it stays stable :/ ) and tbh the whole CU is a POS ..

Akemi wrote:
Never ever thought i would say this, but... i agree with Xui... damn i feel like i need a shower now.