For ppl who might go back

Post subject: For ppl who might go back
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:26 am 
WanabeMage

Well i pop'd on for about 15mins today

- Town im pritty sure is low and cash disnt get around to looking but i think their were trainers missing
- Gato is paying for the GH i think out of his bank or if not it have about a day in it
- Didnt notice any building tha were gone
- They made a few lil changed and that new expantion is a kind of end content from what im reading, still no idea on date..

just thought i'd post this incase anyone is still thinking about going back, but im looking for something new really.. WoW's losing its intrest i want something with a bit more story/RP to it..

anyway that s your update..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:03 pm 
Im Like Frank Gallagher, Shameless !!

i have been reading the official forums tbh, i hate that "swg" feeling i get

I hope this time i have enough sense to resist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:28 am 
WanabeMage

i htink if enough of us went back at once it would be a good laugh for a month just for the hell of it..
i think im just going to chase my finished jedi with the month i have left on it (day or 2's grinding) then pack it all up and walk away..
unless they somehow bring it back to life and we a;; go back

think i'll try DAOC or pop back to FF

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 1:07 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Can't really see myself coming back until they fix FRS. As a fully templated Jedi, Master pilot etc ect, there is nothing left to do, except DWB and Avatar platform and for those we would need a full group, which isn't gonna happen.

On the other hand, lvl 60 in WoW is getting a bit boring too... it's more or less gear hunting or pvp, nothing new really...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 2:37 am 
Ginger Quiff with Crimson Low Lights

Have to agree with John,

I get that SWG feeling too, more & more the longer I'm away from it, but at the same time I can see they haven't quite done enough to make me really want to play it long term again. If they bring back a nice FRS system, get more content in the game & get the community back & having fun again I'll be back for sure. But like the game has always been, it has bags of potential & never quite reaches the level it could be :(

That reminds me, does any have Knights of the old republic 2? I've played the 1st recently, & wondered what 2nd was like.

Also bored of being lvl 60 in WoW, its more of the same as what EQ used to be like, but atleast in EQ you have great guild that would raid really hard targets every night, with 60+ people. Any fuck ups could cause the entire guild to wipe & have to start over. It was challenging, WoW just doesn't seem to have that challenge. PVP is nice, but after a while its just killing the same people over & over nothing fresh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 7:34 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I got bored of my 60 Shaman pretty soon after getting it, but then I also disliked the guild I was in and only really played with 3 other people. Quit for a month or two then went onto Bloodhoof to start again with all the people from here and so far it's been pretty good, but I suspect that's because I just like grinding. I enjoyed the of getting a jedi but once I had one it was pretty dull, then I enjoyed using my alt to make loads of cash, til the lag made it impossible to kill anything decent. Then obviously all the issues with jedi early on and never getting off the terminals etc etc. I'll probably be sticking with WoW for the next few months then by the end of that either play something else or hopefully I'll be moving to be with my wife so I won't be needing another game :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 3:39 pm 
WanabeMage

Yeah the post was more to remind anyone that might that houses ect might be running low.. as i log'd in to a load of mail about my buildings, i put 200days on and well if that runs out sod it i wont be going back anyway..

as fow WoW only thing that keeps me in it is the PvP...especially as i dont have to fight in some poxy lil flag room now with the new BG, once i get my hunter to 60 i might actually try a PvP server..
i'll see if any of u are on one b4 i do as ive not actually play with most of u...

but im back in FF.. lol it looks dated, but tbh im reall enjoying it, the fack u have to grp to Lv at any sort of decent speed can be a pain.. but hte fact the games a bleeding challange is nice!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 1:29 pm 
WanabeMage

http://forums.station.sony.com/swg/board/message?board.id=jedi&message.id=1264429

well i've been on the last few days met a guild. Cu destry'd them and theri s only a few left, small town on naboo was nice ... but well i was enjoying it..
But well if this is true :S fuck knows..

and aparently p 30/31 for FRS were on 24 i think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 3:09 pm 

Yeah its the typical move for SWG, everytime

Anounce a new expansion, get lots of things in it to interest people & get them to pre-order. Then when it hits beta, everyone starts to notice the up comming nerfs. Its just as bad as WoW saying a stealth nerf is "Now working as intended". Looks like yet another in a long line of things to try get jedi to quit the game. They just dont realise that about 40-50% of the game buy it to become a jedi at some point. Funny how they are still trying to get people to quit it huh? you would think they might try to grow there player base with a new exp, especially considering how badly they have destroyed it in the past. I really don't understand the mentality of the people who run SWG, EQ was never as bad as SWG in the whole 3 & half years I played it. They actually liked there players & tried to balence the game (& suceeded to a resonable extent) without alienating poeple or radical changes to the entire game.

I liked another post I noticed on the forum, flawless & premium pearls arn't in the game anymore, if you have them you get to keep them but they are retired until furture notice.

Quote:
and aparently p 30/31 for FRS were on 24 i think

Whats that mean?

WoW (Bloodhoof) - Pogmahone 70 Priest, Pogmashon 70 Shaman
EQ1 (Cazic Thule) - Pohok 67 Shadowkinght
Neopets - Pogmashon
EVE - Pogmashone
Secret World (Grim) - Shannon "Glaeva" Feng QL5 (Dragon)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 15, 2005 11:44 pm 
WanabeMage

The FRS- is surposed to be back soon.. but now their talking about publish 30 or 31 for it so f'k knows.. well im sub'd for 3 months gona wait till the expantions out see what ppl say about it then i'll let u guys know!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:07 am 

Kewl, I would like to know how the new exp is, although not really wishing to purchase it to find out.

Yeah, FRS still has no ETA acording to the jedi forums wich I do still read from time to time, I guess they either want to get it right, or more likely fuck it up completely as a parr to the rest of thier developements.

Neopets - Pogmashon
EVE - Pogmashone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 12:58 am 
Im Like Frank Gallagher, Shameless !!

swg is dead i cancelled again and have a few days to just put money in my houses. i also sold some shit.
Sorry i didnt say hi Aekria, but i wasnt actually at my keyboard when u spoke to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:15 am 
WanabeMage

ot's cool i guessed was more a shock seeing someone online :?

but new xp is ok i manages to make 1.2-.1.5mil in a day (spin Grp.. yes i gave in)
I'm going to play on and off till the sub gose then wait for the FRS myself, their is a lot of ppl doing that, i spoke to a fair few over the last week that are finishing their template max'ing hte xp then canceling till its put back in.. so u never know.. it my rise from the dead ... or probably not!

and that friging DaoC linking person in hte WoW fourm should be c&^%*""$d!
i now have a Lv11 ranger :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:29 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

The pink one? Is it morphing time? SWG is dead to me now. Not had the urge to play at all since I got WoW to kill my time. Especially since some illegals stole my account, I wondered why he wasn't getting his money's worth on his mount. And paying me my 10g back that filthy feck :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:49 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

My Epmek sub runs out tomorow, and as I'm not playing SWG at all I havn't cared to renew. Dropped 200k creds in all 11 houses - should be good for a year or so.
Aekri'a has admin on all factories, take whatever you want, there are shitloads of weapon crates in them that you can sell if you need cash.
Will probably give the game another go when the FRS has been implemeted and up for a few weeks so that have taken care of (hah) the initial bugs.

Mage and warrior @ lvl 60, priest in process, 5 toons to go, mouhaha ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:20 am 
Epix Whore

only 5?! you can have 10 per server, get your skates on :)

:/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:27 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

forensic wrote:
only 5?! you can have 10 per server, get your skates on :)

Hehe, was more like "5 out of 8 classes to go" (Shaman skipped) on Hyjal ;)
Can double up on two, mouhaha.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:17 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Don't skip Shaman, that's the best class to play :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:23 pm 

Yeah from what I hear, they are just as overpowered as pallies

err.... I mean Balenced :roll:

Neopets - Pogmashon
EVE - Pogmashone

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:24 pm 
WanabeMage

well soon as i can get a ui im happy with, and that works post 1.8 :evil: im thinking of coming to join u lot, my servers getting annoying as hte general PvP is dead and im bugged and cant get into BG's been ages and its been tested i know i.. already drop'd from almost knight to sergent :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 4:26 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Just not playing Shaman on Hyjal. My Horde toons are on Dark Iron (pvp). Otherwise I wouldn't missone for the world :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:26 pm 
Stawberry blonde
Stawberry blonde

Looks like I've been missing some treats in the time I've been out. I have the time to play SWG now, but I can't bring myself to re-sign.

Just had a browse through the forum here and it seems like my spidey sense was tingling for a reason... I still don't get 100% what's going on with it, but it'll be a while before I bother with it again I reckon. The Obi-Wan expansion doesn't do anything for me...

Hope everyone is okay here though!