Yes 17%  17%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 6

New membership application

Post subject: New membership application
PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 10:29 pm 
Blonde
Blonde

Greetings,

I assume this is where I should be putting my application, so here goes...

"1. Post a brief introduction about your gaming history and what you expect from eXodus."

Well, it all began back in 1971 when on a snowy cold evening when my... <snip>
I Started online gaming back in 1995-96 when multiplayer gaming was in its infancy with games like doom, quake, etc. Since then I have been a longtime regular of the newsgroup and informal member of a.g.h.l (alt.games.half-life). I tend to mostly play FPS games, and usually team-based ones at that. To me, teamwork is what makes a game fun. Not racking up as many kills as possible. Which coincidentally enough, is why I probably decided to go the medic route with my character, Sorenth Trieste. More on that below in section 3.

"2. Note any members of eXodus you know."

Friends in cyberspace and RealLifeā„¢ with Kioko and Highn who are members of this guild. I know they can confirm I have no sense of humor or sarcasm. Beyond that, you would need to ask them.

3. Note Name, Class and level of the character applying for membership.

My character is named Sorenth Trieste and is housed on the "Europe-Chimaera" server. Until recently, he was trying to find his little niche in the galaxy and tried his hand briefly in entertaining among other things. After falling on his face, he quickly realized that he would be best suited to a career in something less embarrassing. Preferably something with a gun, so off he went to learn the ways of the carbine. That got him about halfway through the marksman career towards becoming a master carbineer. In addition, he progressed halfway through the scout ladder, mainly for the navigational help as well as harvesting and has enough skill points to be a novice creature handler, but has yet to take his final scouting exam. Now Sorenth finds he most enjoys what time he spends in the service of others by healing their damage and wounds so that they may run off into the fray and be shred to bits in order for the process to repeat, thus allowing him to attain the lofty goal of Doctor, or possibly even Combat Medic (given his marksman training).

If you want RAW numbers for my skills, I can get those to you, but suffice to say, I think the game is about more than just touting my "skillz". Not that I don't aspire to mastering whatever direction I am currently working on, I just choose not to play the numbers game. Still, if you want them, just drop me an e-mail at the address listed in my forum profile.

Cheers!

Whoop (Sorenth)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 3:29 am 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

You forgot to add _l33t_h4x at the end of your name Mr_Whoopass

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 4:55 pm 
Blonde
Blonde

Eh?

Whoop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 14, 2004 8:21 pm 
Blonde
Blonde

hello

Post subject: So umm...
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 1:00 pm 
Blonde
Blonde

Hi there! (Hah! 2 people read AND replied to my post!!)

But then is lack of a response with a decision one way or the other a good thing or bad?

I would really dig knowing what the status is on the guild membership if anyone has a few minutes.

If you can't make up your mind, just look at the poll, the results are split but clearly in favor of my acceptance. ;)

Will check back in a day or two...

Thanks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2004 3:22 pm 
Im Like Frank Gallagher, Shameless !!

we're just lazy thats all.. Im sure you'll get in, though we havent really seen you about, try and find us around Ius, i will mail you if we go on a hunt tonight, would be cool if you could come along

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 5:08 am 
Blonde
Blonde

Well, I do have a house (Villa de Sorenth) in Ius now (Thanks Xui) and I play daily after work and almost all day on the weekends when I am able. Although I likely play at odd hours to you folks since I am in the USA. I am usually on from about midnight to 2 am your time to around 8 to 10 am. Also, I do play with Kioko quite regularly so if Kioko is online, there is a good chance I am also.

Who makes the decision on new memberships? The group as a whole or one leader? Just kind of curious. It would be nice to move on from this strange place known as "Limbo". :)

Cheers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2004 1:14 pm 
Hi I Got Banned Coz Im a Spamming Cunt
Hi I Got Banned Coz Im a Spamming Cunt

your best bet is to ask Kioko if any guild member that can invite is online.

U will then be invited with a small 3 week trial period. In which time either side can part company with no questions asked.

tbh the only thing we dont like is a contstant stream of the same question over n over in guild chat, freeloaders and idiots. If you dont fall into either of those 3 catagories I dont see much of a problem. :)

Akemi wrote:
Never ever thought i would say this, but... i agree with Xui... damn i feel like i need a shower now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2004 11:00 pm 
Stawberry blonde
Stawberry blonde

looks like you're SOL then, Whoop ;)

Next time we're both on, I'll poke someone and get it sorted.