Mayor/PA Hall holder Account Pt2

Post subject: Mayor/PA Hall holder Account Pt2
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 12:22 am 
Hi I Got Banned Coz Im a Spamming Cunt

Ok we now have the Mayor/PA account but we need to sort out an account holder and also those willing to pay into it.

Id suggest paying a 6 month max period. Not a 1month as this makes for paying small amounts to often and will probably fall apart after 1 month.

I dont want to see the account holder get stung for a 2nd account they may not be able to afford on their own either.

Once we agree on an account holder and account payees the account holder will have to pass over their banks details or their prefered method of payment. Id prefer to set up a 1 of standing order from m bank as i can do that online, hence the need for bank details.

Anyway thoughts ?

Akemi wrote:
Never ever thought i would say this, but... i agree with Xui... damn i feel like i need a shower now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 8:57 am 
Clanger!

I agree with the 6 months. Gimme amount and bank details and I'll transfer the money. Too bad UK residents and Scandinavians (and of course non Europeans) still use some obscure currency, otherwise we could transfer the money quickly and for free :)

Luke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 10:30 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Not too sure about the 6 months, the way it's going I'm not even sure if half of us will be playing in 2 months time. Not seen Vegas, Fish, Kir or Shoxx on for a few days now, can't see Jumbo and Huggy coming back anytime soon either. Atm it just seems to be the same 5 people playing just under different names everytime I log in, I'm beginning to wonder if Drek ever leaves his house anymore.

Having said that I get paid today so should be able to send money to the account holder if the amount and bank details are decided upon. I'm assuming we're going to just keep revor as mayor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 11:20 am 
Dyed Ginger
Dyed Ginger

tbh i've gotten a bit bored with the game, at most i'm only going to be playing for another 4 weeks cos then im off to the usa so i'll be cancelling my account before then.

Sorry :< I just think the game had alot of potential but has turned into an uber grind fest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 2:09 pm 

im aware that some of you guys arent gonna be playing as much if at all.. But that doesnt mean that the ones that are still playing wanna see the whole city/pa fall apart..

Tbh i have no objections in holding the account but i need to know who is prepared to pay into it.. I still think 6 months is a good time period coz as i said in my first post i dont wanna be doing this every month..

Highn has also said he doesnt mind holding the account..

From chat last night and also this thread so far

Account Holders

Me or Highn

Payees

Lukel
Beans
John-G
Kioko
Drek
Choudak

Also the account will have 175 points free. The general opinion was that we make it a perma dancer/muscian for teh mind buffs.

Akemi wrote:
Never ever thought i would say this, but... i agree with Xui... damn i feel like i need a shower now.

Last edited by Xui on Thu Apr 01, 2004 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 31, 2004 4:04 pm 
Epix Whore

ive not been on cos im rather busy at work atm.

just seen some pics for the space expansion and it looks lurvely. Unfortunately i cant show anyone or ill get hung

:/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 1:38 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Yes, I agree on the 6months = less trouble.
And as Xui already has stated, Im willing to pay. :P

Post subject: account/payees
PostPosted: Thu Apr 01, 2004 5:12 am 
Blonde
Blonde

I'm new to the game but i'm quite willing to pay into the account if needed

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 2:57 am 

soz had to clear this thread up a bit ..

Im gonna sort the next month out on the revor account..

tbh if we aint sorted something final out by then its just gonna die on its arse

As highn has now left the guild im happy to take over the upfront payment .. but i need a few pm's from people willing to help me out for the next few months..

Akemi wrote:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 02, 2004 5:18 am 
Stawberry blonde
Stawberry blonde

Count me in

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 1:53 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

As some of you know, we now have 35 citizens citizens (at least on paper). Probably less when the stats update in four days. Then there is a risk that the city level drops, and Im convinced that another city will take our position asap. Then there is no turning back, we cant level unless another city drops...

When I joined Ius as a citizen (and later on the guild aswell), there were plans! There was enthousiastic talk about city growth; a rebbie mission terminal, research center status and maybe, just maybe, even a shuttleport! Some weeks later there were streetlamps and (ugly) Gungan Headstatues all over the place. Cool - somethiing is happening!

Then the handbrake was pulled. We started to loose citizens and guild members, and now the city is on the verge of collapsing. Where did all these thoughts and plans go?

As I see it (and I realize that not everyone might be sharing my opinion), at this level (township) the "city" is of no use. Yes, its nice, there are often people in the square and the Cornershop, not to mention Dreks tent, gets a bunch of customers a day. We have a couple of skilltrainers and a clonecenter, but that's about it.

For a businessman, a centralized shuttleport is interesting (especially if they are gonna revamp the shuttlesystem), since he can place his vendors outside the "enterance" to the shuttleport. "Hm, 8 minutes to shuttle departure and there is a cool shop - I think I'll have a look".

To be honest, for a crafter, a city with "research center" status is interesting. Today I/Jark/Epmek/Deegro (those are just examples) could aswell build our houses in the middle of nowhere and have our factories 10m outside our front doors, not having to pay sales/income/property taxes and preventing things from disappearing when moving 50m from the house. I think this goes for others aswell. These are hard words, but right now Ius is a township (soon a village...) with no plans nor any visions at all for the future. Yes, we can - the following days - try to get 2-3 new citizens to "keep the city safe" for another week or two, but is it really of any use if we don't plan anything for the future?

If I am to recruit (which I am willing to do) I want to be able to tell the one I'm about to recruit what plans we have etc. The person that I/we might be able to recruit is most likly a newbie. I don't want to say "Hey, we need citizens! Come live by us, you get a free house and 5k's of rent (after that you are on your own, pay for the upkeep of the ghost-alike looking City Hall etc.)".

I really hope that you guys want to comment on my toughts!

Cheeeeeeeeeeeeeers!
/ John-G Purple

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 03, 2004 6:44 pm 
Im Like Frank Gallagher, Shameless !!

I told you my thoughts.

I never was fussed what became of the city from the day dot.. I knew it would take time and effort to make great, and seeing I personally am clutching at straws trying to find something i keep playing this game for, the last thing i can be arsed about is the size of the city.

the city was a nice idea many moons ago in the first few months of the game, but the lack of variety and costs (and lot amounts needed) to make a city "great" is just too much unless new mayors are elected week in week out. The player city format is very ropey imo, and as I am not not making any real money (non crafter, only getting cash from missions) i cannot afford to pay for some grand vision.

Sorry if this is not what you wanted to hear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 5:40 am 
Stawberry blonde
Stawberry blonde

I would be more involved, but I'm held back by the fact that I cannot play from my own house, thus cannot play whenever I want.
My next paycheck is due in about 2 weeks. All goes well, I should be online in about a month and I will be able to dedicate more time into recruiting new citizens, making plans etc.

John, I think you are very right about the fact that we either need to get our act together or give up on the city. I, for one, do not want to give up this easy. We've come this far, let's see if we can give it another push.

I will be playing on Monday and I will try and be online as early as possible so I can sit in Coro for a while to try and recruit a couple more citizens. They'll have the advantage of a couple of good shops and a cloning facility near home, which is not much, but all we can do for now.
Also, we're a manufacturing center, which means less chance on a crit failure...

Let's focus on our options.
We're not a hunting guild. Group hunts are a mess. Last time I participated in a guild hunt, it took over an hour to get sorted, only to find people scattering off to do their own thing barely half an hour later. I've had a couple of nice hunting sessions with individual people, but I wouldn't call that a guild hunt :) I'm not saying we *have* to do guild hunts and people *have* to participate whether they want to or not, just saying it's not really a strong point in this guild today.

We do, however have a couple of very good and dedicated crafters, with well stocked vendors (which is a rarity, I have found). Currently we have Thix, Xui, Kir and Drek. I must admit that my own vendor barely has any stock yet, I have been doing custom orders mostly up until now, however I'm mining and working hard to get the stuff together to stock my vendor with a nice selection of harvesters and furniture soon.

So maybe we should focus on attracting a couple more dedicated crafters. It will probably be hard to find already established players, since they wouldn't want to move their shops to a new location and lose regular customers. We could try and find a few dedicated newbs still looking for a place though. Maybe through the SWG forums. There's definitely an advantage for them being around a couple of already well established shops. IMO we could do with at least an aspiring AS and a DE. A good medical supplies shop would be nice too. Anything else?

Maybe some of the combat characters could try and work together some more to go on organized hunts and supply our crafters with high level loot, or even set up a vendor for it.

If we keep all our shops around the square, maybe in the future, we could place a shuttleport in the middle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 10:21 am 
Im Like Frank Gallagher, Shameless !!

One of the biggest problems we have had with guild hunts is that until recently most of the members (fisher, me, kir, shoxxy, revor, xui, lukel, beans) are always on Comms when we go hunting, so we talk rather then type. This of course has left the others at a slight disadvantage, coz we forgot that you lot cant hear us :(

I remember when we went to the geo cave, I at one point was actually trying to talk to John G down my microphone, But i guess my voice wasnt loud enough for him to hear me all the way from the UK :'(

On the whole though I have found Guild hunts to be very boring, if your talking about taking more then 5 or 6 people, then we can overpower most things. The few things we cant either spank us so quick its just a joke (Spider clan Elder anyone?) Or is so camped by the l33t d00ds, anyone who helps attack is not coming away with ANY loot, which we might deserve (the giant Kimo)

Essentially this is a crafting Guild, It always has been, for things to change we need some fresh blood, which again will require people to go out and find it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 04, 2004 11:02 am 
Clanger!

vegas wrote:
I never was fussed what became of the city from the day dot.. I knew it would take time and effort to make great, and seeing I personally am clutching at straws trying to find something i keep playing this game for, the last thing i can be arsed about is the size of the city.

I actually have the same. It's that I'm very curious about what my next holo will tell me otherwise I would have stopped playing this game already. Sadly, I have become a hologrinder and if my next holo is a profession that is another boring grind I don't think I'll be playing much longer.

Luke