problems

Post subject: problems
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 8:12 am 
Clanger!

Since installing new RIMM's in my PC my copy of SWG isn't working properly anymore. Anything else works as it should.

The only way for me to play SWG now is to, every time I want to play, completely remove and reinstall the game. Hopefully I'll find a better solution to play SWG again but anticipating a failure to find one I have cancelled my subscription per 21 april 2004.

Luke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 10:38 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Quick give me your force crystals... for safe keeping of course.

Isn't this the same problem Rammeh had? Though don't think he bothered solving it. Might be a case of spending days looking at the tech help forum, though your biggest problem will be trying to fix it with no subscription, the last thing you want to do is leave it unfoxed, think you've found a solution so re-sub only to find it still won't work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:31 am 
Clanger!

I have 8 days to find a solution. If I don't find one within eight I'll give you my force crystal. :)

Luke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 11:31 am 
Epix Whore

you a jedi yet beans?

:/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 12:38 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Nope, but I mastered BE on friday and got the 2 and a half million pistol xp for master smuggler yesterday :D Was actually good fun doing it too. Gonna try and master commando either today or tomorrow and then stay that combo for a bit to rack in the cash as in a big solo group I was getting 37k missions, wondering off to them, setting the fuckers on fire and feigning death til they died :P Let the bucks roll in.

Also gonna do a bit of slicing though, got my first slice over 40% this morning, shame it was an encumberance slice on my armour really cos it'll only last me half a day of pikets or mokks/jantas.

BTW 63k for a rocket launcher I'll probably miss everytime with? You're having a giraffe. And you've got no guns left on your vendors apart from the ones no-one wants. I now have to force Drek to deliver weapons to me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Apr 13, 2004 5:05 pm 
Clanger!

Well, I can play again after I have set MaxRam in boot.ini via msconfig to 526.

So I have bought 512Mb of the most expensive RAM in the world and can effectively use 14Mb of it.
The problem seems to lie in using more than 512Mb RAM and certain 256Mb NVidia video cards. I hope this gets solved soon so I can use my extra RAM and experience less lag.

Luke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:35 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

It's God's way of saying you shouldn't have a better PC than me :)

Scratch the mastering commando today bit, I fell alseep with 2 hours of me buffs left and I feel just as knackered today and I'm only halfway through flamer 4 atm :oops: I reckon I'll just keep chipping away at it though as I cba with the corvette dungeon unless everything in there is highly flamable.