Tips / Hints

Post subject: Tips / Hints
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 6:10 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Good thread maybe ;)

Anyway, i was wondering if it's wise to slot enhancements (lvl 5 enhancementse.g.) in the first few powers that you get.

example:
With the force field powerset the first power you get is personal forcefield. Slot it or leave it empty until reaching high level? (and so, using high level enhancements)

:?:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:03 pm 
Hi I Got Banned Coz Im a Spamming Cunt
Hi I Got Banned Coz Im a Spamming Cunt

atm when it comes to slotting I just use what I loot .. cant be arsed wasting money..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 7:17 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I don't class influence as money myself. I've got about 30k of the stuff on one guy and everything I look at buying tends to be crapper than what I already have. I tend to slot everything I find into a slot though simply because I like to have space for more enhancements when I murder... apprehend villains :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 8:09 pm 
Clanger!

Smartest would be to slot the spells u use most, starting with the damaging abilities. More damage, quicker kills etc.

Slot ur most used damage spell first, and fit it all with damage enhancements and maybe 1 slot with either end reducing or faster recharge.

And no use in waiting for higher lvl enhancements seeing u can get rid of the current enhancement and replace it for the one u wanna use. Or combine identical enhancements to increase the value of the used enhancement.

Example:

U slotted a damage spell with a +5 damage enhancement and u get a +4 damage enhancement drop.

U can combine these 2 and get a 5+ enhancement, in effect u get a +6 enhancement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2004 11:08 pm 
Pub Barman
Pub Barman

Don't buy any until level 22, as at this level you have access to SO's.

Single Origin Enhancements (SO's) are the best; they add the most effectiveness to your skill.

The way i did it (Scrapper), 6 slotted my attacks (i only have 2 that i use mainly) and did as follows -

Attack 1 - acc, dmg, dmg, dmg, dmg, dmg, dmg
Attack 2 - acc, dmg, dmg, dmg, dmg, dmg, dmg

Soloing with these SO's has never been so much fun, nothing better than taking out a bunch of 8-10 orange con. :)

To clarify... at 22 you can buy lvl 25 SO's, which will last until your 28. So from lvl 22-28 just stock pile your Influence ready for the lvl 28 SO purchase.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 8:37 am 
Clanger!

Fish3r wrote:
Don't buy any until level 22, as at this level you have access to SO's.

The way i did it (Scrapper), 6 slotted my attacks (i only have 2 that i use mainly) and did as follows -

Attack 1 - acc, dmg, dmg, dmg, dmg, dmg, dmg
Attack 2 - acc, dmg, dmg, dmg, dmg, dmg, dmg

Wow, you're the first player I've seen with SEVEN slots :)

Anyway, I keep seeing people with either 1 acc + 5 x dmg or 6 x dmg. I'm leaning towards the 6 x dmg school but sofar I haven't seen any calculations or proof which one would be better (i.e. quickest kill).

Luke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 11:14 am 
Pub Barman
Pub Barman

i have a hax

Post subject: Re: Tips / Hints
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 12:13 pm 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

olavski wrote:
Good thread maybe ;)

Anyway, i was wondering if it's wise to slot enhancements (lvl 5 enhancementse.g.) in the first few powers that you get.

example:
With the force field powerset the first power you get is personal forcefield. Slot it or leave it empty until reaching high level? (and so, using high level enhancements)

:?:
I'd be careful about which (extra) slots you add to powers because a you get higher the less effective that power may be with regards to your other powers. E.G I put 3 slots in my lowest attack and now I find the attack is more or less useless against high mobs so thats a waste of 2 extra slots imo. Best thing to do is find a build for your character on teh forums if you can and take their advice. Another bonus is, is that when the respec comes out in next issue, you might be able to drop that power and therefore your slots with it and take a new power and reallocate your slots, which means u can be less anal about how your setup develops. But the technicalities of respec arent known yet, and I have a funny feeling they'll be pretty restrictive.

But as for buying enhancers - what fisher said. Spend nothing til lvl 22 then go to town.

[15:54:29] Dacovale > just a flying visit to transer some isk to my new mining char

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2004 10:20 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

thanks for clearing that up guys :)