account cancelled

Post subject: account cancelled
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 8:51 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Hey guys

Logged into coh tonight and realised that once I get to lvl 10 I cannae be arsed with coh.

I have cancelled my subs - gonna take a break from gaming til the autumn - gl and hf - I'll be about in irc still - gotta do something to relieve the boredom at work

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:10 pm 
Clanger!

Pretty much the same here, except the IRC @ work thingie ;)

Summer is just NOT the season for games I guess

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:23 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

same here, Haven't logged on in a week
was fun while it lasted :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 9:54 pm 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

Lightweights.

[15:54:29] Dacovale > just a flying visit to transer some isk to my new mining char

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2004 10:09 pm 
Clanger!

Delta wrote:
Lightweights.

U realize goose posted in this thread right :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 12:21 am 
Hi I Got Banned Coz Im a Spamming Cunt
Hi I Got Banned Coz Im a Spamming Cunt

Playing D3 atm .. :) and guess what its free per month :shock:

btw anyone fancy a bbq end of august ?

Post subject: Re: account cancelled
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 8:55 pm 
Clanger!

mongoose wrote:
- gonna take a break from gaming til the autumn -

Simon

Autumn is quick this year :D

(21:39:54) (@midgoose) bah mid frontier empty
(21:40:04) (@midgoose) think alb frontier is where it's at cos they don't defend it
(21:40:22) (@midgoose) so they go there to take castles then farm the ppl who come to repel

Luke

BTW I cancelled too. August 19th my account will expire.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 9:28 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

lol lukel -

I went to play daoc for a bit - managed an hour and a half before logging :s

Just too damn hot to play computer games atm =]

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 10:04 pm 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

Wow, fastest dropout rate of a mmog yet. :(

I'll be staying there til I reach 50 I reckon, and with the coming updates I think there'll be more reason to stay.

The only thing bugging me about it is the concentration of arsehole yanks, and the server populations during the afternoons. Will hopefully move to the euroserver when its released over here.

Are any of you dropouts gonna return to it in the future?

[15:54:29] Dacovale > just a flying visit to transer some isk to my new mining char

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2004 11:26 pm 
Trained Forum Monkey

For once and perhaps only once EVER in my life, I've been proven right :D

TOLD YA NYA NYA NYA NYA!!!

Roll-on D3 and EQ2!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 7:13 am 
Clanger!

Delta wrote:
Wow, fastest dropout rate of a mmog yet. :(

I'll be staying there til I reach 50 I reckon, and with the coming updates I think there'll be more reason to stay.

The only thing bugging me about it is the concentration of arsehole yanks, and the server populations during the afternoons. Will hopefully move to the euroserver when its released over here.

Are any of you dropouts gonna return to it in the future?

I still like the game, just cba to sit behind a puter inside when my room temperature is 31C or over ;) My thermostat just went blank and decided it doesnt have to tell me the room temp anymore >.<

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 9:14 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Trigger wrote:
For once and perhaps only once EVER in my life, I've been proven right :D

TOLD YA NYA NYA NYA NYA!!!

Roll-on D3 and EQ2!!

havre fun playing eq2 on your norman

I might be back when cov is released delts

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 10:32 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I'm staying until I have a few lvl 50's :D I said I'd get a jedi in SWG and I did so let the grind continue. Plus I found after cancelling SWG I went out and bought a load of other games inbetween watching every episode of 24 and a load of films, I simply can't afford not to play an mmo cos when I'm playing that I'm not wasting money on crap I don't want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:28 pm 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

Come back soon all!

We are talking about joining a Uk/euro based SG in the meantime since the dwindling list of active users in ours is getting depressing. I say 'we', but I really mean me and Fisher since we've been the only 2 online recently.

And btw goose, life begins at 14 in this game when your new travel power lets your game play speed up dramatically, pity you chose flight :S

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:34 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Lies! I hit the amazing heights of lvl 13 last night, then promptly got the shit kicked out of me and plunged back into debt. One more lvl and running away becomes so much easier :D

Edit: just noticed the flight comment, I know having a brawler with hover wasn't the greatest idea I've ever had bu is flight really that bad? I cba waiting until lvl 16 to get a travel power so flight is really my only option.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 12:50 pm 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

Flight is slow, and a big drain on end meaning you cant fight with it on. Almost everyone I've spoken to with flight has been disappointed, and will be changing to SJ or SS asap.

But theres a few who like it.

Btw, you're a scrapper/tanker without hasten? If you have hasten then SS is right after it in the power pool, if you don't have hasten then you should really consider getting it over flight at 14, leaving you open to choose between flight or SS at 16.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 1:30 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Alas so far my career choices have been far from wise. My Scrapper has Air superiority and hover and my blaster has hurdle and possibly hasten, I think my controller didn't go with a new power at 6 due to her being so piss poor at killing I had to choose another attack, and when she hits 8 I'll be going for yet another attack so I don't have to sit around all day watching them float. Super speed does appeal but the endurance issue isn't a problem atm as my scrapper just got recovery or something which means my endurance rarely gets low now :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 10, 2004 4:40 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I'll stay too, only just loik Koif said, its too warm to sit here for too long atm.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 8:29 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Delta wrote:
Come back soon all!

We are talking about joining a Uk/euro based SG in the meantime since the dwindling list of active users in ours is getting depressing. I say 'we', but I really mean me and Fisher since we've been the only 2 online recently.

And btw goose, life begins at 14 in this game when your new travel power lets your game play speed up dramatically, pity you chose flight :S

Hey Delts

Firstly Flight - playing with lukel the other day flight was without doubt a life saver. As the rezzer in most groups flight can mean the difference between the whole party releasing to the hospital or successful rezzes.

I think the main issue is that I have one char at 14 that sucks outside of a big group yet I rarely get to group. This is despite me sitting for 5 minutes in 3 seperate zones with both seek team on and broadcast in request channel. I have had this happen 4 times out of 5 gaming sessions. Maybe I am unlucky ? I dunno - but when I do get a group I am normally the highest person in it. Not helpful when I am the primary support.

People don't know how to play with a rad defender - they knock the mobs apart and generally make my life difficult. Then they run off and get seperated out of heal aoe and die - then I get asked why I didn't heal. not fun

Finally the players. I am sick and tired of the juvenile fucktards playing the game, mob stealing, mob kiting to get high level mobs to low level zones - its plain ol fucking annoying tbh and not at all my idea of a good game.

Personally I think the juvenile fucktards will disappear soon - then they'll reappear for a month when euro is released then disappear again. No great loss either.

I think you guys should join this euro based SG and I hope you do. I am just sick of the game atm. I might return when DAOC finally dies - but as it stands I prefer daoc to any other mmorpg. I like the way it works - I even prefer the slightly unwieldy (in comparison to coh) controls

Simon

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:31 am 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

Any travel power will save your life in battle, but thats not their primary purpose - the clue is in the name. But if you like it then thats cool. But you will have to get used to asking for teleports from task force members (should you ever return).

At level 14 you should have zero problems getting a Positron TF, healers are always in demand for them, but it depends on whether or not you have the ~5hrs to dedicate to one - its the longest TF for me by far. As for not getting normal groups, I reckon you must just be unlucky there. I usually have to travel to numerous zones using the /whoall command to find defenders, only to be told by every one of them that they're already teamed. I remembe you saying you chose rad/dark because they were supposed to be the uber combo of great templayer and solo'er. Was the solo play not happening either? I know grouping is the best way to play mmogs, but I find there are some levels that just need to be solo'ed to get through them.

I agree that there are too many young idiots on the server, but in all honesty they rarely cause me too much problem. They quickly disappear at higher levels cos of their inability to hold their attention span long enough for the grind (or to play well enough to get out of debt), so if your stuck playing in the <20 range, your gonna be surrounded by them at all times. >20 is when you really come into your own in the game - things change for the better at 14 when you get your travel power, but its post 20 that your damage output climbs much higher, and your range of powers has increased enough to make combat more interesting than bashing a couple of keys constantly.

Obviously the big problem with the game is the lack of PvP atm. But I'm fine with that after my experience in Neocron where a few kills at low level was enough to make me avoid it as much as I could til I was very high level, so grinding took prescedence over PvP. I'm happy grinding away in CoH, knowing that when the expansion is released then ill have at least one level 50 to benefit from it fully. In DaoC I was never interested in the low level rvr, but that might have had something to so with performance as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004 11:54 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Weee. I got flying last night then whammed an enhancement in it and it's reet good. As suspected it doesn't even scratch my endurance :D As for grouping I went to Boomtown last night with some guy, he went AFK so the group disbandoned and I put on the seek team thing, saw nothing so assumed it wasn't working so made for the exit, next thing I know I'm invited to a group of lvl 15 to 18's :D As a lvl 13 scrapper I was reet chuffed. Got there, received sod all xp so someone SK'd me and we allkicked shit into lvl 17-19 things all night until every single one of us gained a level then we went off to train and said our fair wells. So far I've only seen one annoying fella since I've been playing but that was countered by somoene who gave me a load of DO and SOs to sell for nowt :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2004 7:29 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I just don't have the time to play anything, having way too much fun outside and seriously thinking about what I ever found that interesting on the games scene.

Since my GFX card went pop I really haven't missed playing games much at all, just been messing about with the pups going to the pub etc.

I enjoyed CoH and Daoc and all the other games I have dabbled with lately, just finding other stuff way more interesting and fun.

Parking all game play for the foreseeable future.

Prob be about in IRC on and off when I get the GFX card replaced.

See you about

Neil

| ASBO Allstar | Gypo Jihad | EvilNeileeeee | Gnorty Rascal | Kylie Age 8 | PSIco | Huntcliff | Bruv #1 | Eyema GonnaTakeYouToAGheyBar |

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 25, 2004 2:23 pm 
Clanger!

I reactivated :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 1:07 am 
Im Like Frank Gallagher, Shameless !!

go out and get laid geeks :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 27, 2004 2:07 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Your place or mine?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 1:26 am 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

I cancelled.
But only cos it wasnt my CC and the holder of it was bitching at me. I have until the 19th Sept to reach 50. :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 8:19 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Delta wrote:
I cancelled.
But only cos it wasnt my CC and the holder of it was bitching at me. I have until the 19th Sept to reach 50. :/

You should talk nicely to your Auntie and offer to be her bitch for the day ;)

| ASBO Allstar | Gypo Jihad | EvilNeileeeee | Gnorty Rascal | Kylie Age 8 | PSIco | Huntcliff | Bruv #1 | Eyema GonnaTakeYouToAGheyBar |

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 11:03 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I re-subbed in SWG :oops: CoH became just a leveling thing for me so I thought I may as well level my jedi instead.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 12:20 pm 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

EvilNeileeeee wrote:
Delta wrote:
I cancelled.

You should talk nicely to your Auntie and offer to be her bitch for the day ;)

Nah it was a mate in Glasgow who helped me out. I'm my aunt's bitch regardless of CC favours anyway :/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:13 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

New 145MB expansion is cool.

:)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2004 6:23 pm 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

I had a play around with it yesterday, got myself my aura and my cape - although I couldnt buy the cape cos they delete all your inf when you trasnfer to test.

Had a scout around for a respec TF but cbf afetr a while. The badge system is quite good, it should keep us occupied for the times when u cba fighting.

New chat system is clunky and a bit of a mess really. Theyve added alot more functionality but at a cost of aesthetics.

Didnt get a chance to see the Hollows or the Death Shard, but I spose its better to leave some things til release :)

Oh, and mission xp on completion is MUCH better. I got rid of 25k debt from doing the cape and aura missions alone, w00t.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 9:16 pm 
Dirty Daoc Player

Well, although CoH is a laugh, it wasn't quite involved enough for me. I didn't even renew after the trial period. What a waste of money. Wonder if I can sell the account. Have reactivated my daoc account for a month, until my copy of EQ2 arrives but I fear that even EQ2 will not match up to the mighty DAoC (especially without any PvP). I've really been enjoying DAoC again, just need to find a little more time to play now. Have fun with CoH guys. See you soon.

Lee. (Roy Batty)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 08, 2004 10:24 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

My sub runs out in November and i'm not gonna renew.

It's been fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004 6:54 pm 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

Damn you all.

Luke's still there tho, I think he's been hit with the 50-fever. It's easily attainable in this game due to the amount of solo play thats possible.

But it looks like I'm not gonna get Rangus to 50 in the near future. The devs have basically acknowledged that DA is gimped, yet arent gonna fix it til Issue 3 or Issue 4, so thats 6 months tops. The set always had an aura of gimpness about it, but with the recent update to make 95% of mobs stun/hold/etc, I have to choose between status or damage resistance - no status resistance = toggles dropping = death, and no damage resistance means I'm as hard as a Level 1.

I'm getting shades of the DE shit from SWG, where they recognise its flaws but didnt fix it for a long time. I need to stop picking up professions/powersets that begin with D :/