Rgoue Talents

Post subject: Rgoue Talents
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:09 pm 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

Here's my spec plan for my rogue:
_________

Assassination Talents (31 points)

# Remorseless Attacks - 5/5 points
After killing an opponent that yields experience, gives you a 40% increased critical strike chance on your next Sinister Strike, Backstab, Ambush, or Ghostly Strike.

# Malice - 5/5 points
Increases your critical strike chance by 5%.

# Improved Eviscerate - 3/3 points
Increases the damage done by your Eviscerate ability by 15%.

# Ruthlessness - 3/3 points
Gives your finishing moves a 60% chance to add a combo point to your target.

# Murder - 2/2 points
Increases your chance to hit while using your Sap, Ambush, Garrote, or Cheap Shot abilities by 5%.

# Lethality - 5/5 points
Increases the critical strike damage bonus of your Sinister Strike, Gouge, Backstab, Ambush, Ghostly Strike, or Hemorrhage ability by 30%.

# Relentless Strikes - 1/1 point
Your finishing moves have a 20% chance per combo point to restore 25 energy.

# Cold Blood - 1/1 point
When activated, increases the critical strike chance of your next Sinister Strike, Backstab, Ambush, or Eviscerate by 100%.

# Seal Fate - 5/5 points
Your critical strikes from abilities that add combo points have a 100% chance to add an additional combo point.

# Vigor - 1/1 point
Increases your maximum Energy by 10.

Combat Talents (2 points)

# Improved Sinister Strike - 2/2 points
Reduces the Energy cost of your Sinister Strike ability by 5 Energy.

Subtlety Talents (18 points)

# Master of Deception - 5/5 points
Reduces the chance enemies have to detect you while in Stealth mode. More effective than Master of Deception (Rank 4)

# Camouflage - 5/5 points
Increases your speed while stealthed by 15%.

# Opportunity - 5/5 points
Increases the damage dealt when striking from behind with your Backstab, Garrote, or Ambush abilities by 20%.

# Improved Ambush - 3/3 points
Increases the critical strike chance of your Ambush ability by 40%.

The main scope for this is to improve critical strike chances. Remorseless Attacks, Malice, and Improved Ambush give the Ambush skill an 85% chance to crit, on TOP of BASE :D (no idea what base is tho). Sounds uber to me. I'll be speccing out mostly in Assasination to get Vigor which gives +10 total energy, and although I havent done the maths, that will let you do an Ambush > Gouge > Backstab combo to open (I usually just miss out on the Backstab atm due to energy recharge rate, so the +10 would definitely allow it to fit in).

Improved SS to reduce the energy it uses (have that atm), and the Subtlety Talents for all the good Stealth shizzle. 85% run speed with Camo 5 and the top rank Stealth skill which is nice. And everything else there is just picked so as to get access to some of the stuff I've previously mentioned. Although Ruthessness and Relentless strikes are very handy by the sounds of them.

Some things I would really like to add are Improved Backstab for +30% chance to crit with that, but backstabbing is never a sure thing in PvP as gouging doesnt always land, so its not as compulsary (imo) as other stuff. And I'd like Initiative for the 75% chance to add another combo point when you use Ambush. That would give 4 points from my opener - another Sinister Strike makes 5, then I could use Seal Fate to give a 100% chance to crit on next strike before unleashing Eviscerate for double damage :D No doubt this'll change as I level - if I find that using the opening combo isn't working too well, I'll drop the need for vigor and respec accordingly.

What do you think?

edit: talent speccer can be found here; http://wowvault.ign.com/View.php?view=T ... elect_id=6

[15:54:29] Dacovale > just a flying visit to transer some isk to my new mining char

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 27, 2005 2:17 pm 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

Bollocks, I've been reading the Remorsless Attacks talent wrong so scrap those % calcs about Ambush.

[15:54:29] Dacovale > just a flying visit to transer some isk to my new mining char