The Honour Patch

Post subject: The Honour Patch
PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2005 10:09 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Hi folks

I thought I'd mention this now as I have noticed a number of disturbing trends on the servers recently.

Firstly, over the last couple of weeks I have noticed the number of ganking attempts from higher level players triple and double . It's absolutely nuts what is happening in some areas at the moment. High level (50+) players are simply ganking anything that moves in some zones making levelling or questing in that zone difficult at best. Today I have been ganked about 10 times in Ashenvale by players on mounts for fucks sake. It's not like my level 27 warrior presented much of a threat. If these high level gankers don't get you 2 man teams of lvl 25 ish players jump you and spank you senseless.

I am holding out for the patch but if after a week the current ganking/situation is no better or in fact worse I am moving to a carebear server.

I like pvp, but I like pvp when I want it, not when some fucktard with a hardon for honour points decides to gank the shit out of that poor grey con horde player who happens to cross his path.

Take it easy all

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:48 am 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

Wasn't there a raid in Ashenvale tonight? Raids usually mean all the rules are thrown out of the window and anything is fair game.

But it will definitely get worse with the honour system, although if you're ganked by higher levels it won't be for honour points since they wont get any.

[15:54:29] Dacovale > just a flying visit to transer some isk to my new mining char

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 7:52 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Delta wrote:
Wasn't there a raid in Ashenvale tonight? Raids usually mean all the rules are thrown out of the window and anything is fair game.

But it will definitely get worse with the honour system, although if you're ganked by higher levels it won't be for honour points since they wont get any.

I dunno Delts

I do know that from 18:00 there were 3 man teams roaming ashenvale ganking on sight (2 lvl 20s and a lvl ??)

On top of that I was killed 5-6 times by mounted players, who were on their own and no-where near splintertree post. If it gets worse I'm off to a server where I can level and have fun in peace. 10 graveyard runs in one evening isn't fun, I switched zones in the end but by the time I arrived at a different zone for levelling I couldn't be bothered to keep playing :s

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:15 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

You should get your hunter to 60 and try and get on the giving end of it for some relaxation perhaps?

If you change server now, what will happen to your wolf? You'll have the RSPCA crawling all over your back, not to mention if you let repayments and road tax lapse he could even get repossesed. :)

EN

| ASBO Allstar | Gypo Jihad | EvilNeileeeee | Gnorty Rascal | Kylie Age 8 | PSIco | Huntcliff | Bruv #1 | Eyema GonnaTakeYouToAGheyBar |

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 8:18 am 
Clanger!

For some bizarre reason Ashenvale seems a lot worse in ganking terms then Stonetalon mountains. But I agree on the moving part, I catch myself logging Bassment a lot to gank some level ?? alliance fellow that just loves to gank grey noobs.

Shan and me spent an hour chasing a lvl 48 druid around Splintertree. Him and a lvl 28ish priest were having a go @ the guards and players coming and going to Splintertree. Btw level 28 priest heals are nuts >_<

On topic..
I can see myself moving to a pve server if the ganking takes on extreme measures.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 11:08 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

we have a kill on sight list of people and are pretty strict on it. A while ago a few people ganked me and another shaman and the 2 of them were both ?? to us. Low and behold 3 days ago they ganked a 54 hunter I play with and it turns out they are now a 52 Druid and a 60 warrior. We usually hang around in a group on comms and stuff being a 54 rogue and me the 54 Shaman. We found them :D The arrogant buggers never tried to run and would get up and die time and time again for about 2 hours, even called in a 52 rogue and pala to help them so they won one round, but rather than go they hung around, killed all 4 of them and the pala and druid legged it :D Saw the Warrior again last night and strangely enough he didn't try and gank us this time. I'm not a big fan of camping but for such blatent gankers I'll make an acception, especially as the Warrior now knows I can take him by myself and he has no room for improvement where as I have another 5 levels to go. I'm actually beginning to like PvP now, especially when it's people trying to gank you who yo end up wiping the floor with :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 12:29 pm 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

Shammys are overpowered.

[15:54:29] Dacovale > just a flying visit to transer some isk to my new mining char

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 1:34 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Naaah, horses for courses. I had a priest kick the living crap out of me in a duel. I can take rogues, hunters and warriors no problem at all but the other classes are a totally different story if they're played well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 2:27 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Moving to a PVE server? :o

Must be quite bad then. :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 5:09 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I dunno olav - I guess my tastes are changing slightly. I can't be fucked with the pvp side of some games these days and prefer the social/pve side.

I think a normal server would've been a better choice for me in the beginning tbh, it would've put me in control of when and where I pvped

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2005 10:06 pm 
Clanger!

mongoose wrote:
I dunno olav - I guess my tastes are changing slightly. I can't be fucked with the pvp side of some games these days and prefer the social/pve side.

I think a normal server would've been a better choice for me in the beginning tbh, it would've put me in control of when and where I pvped

M

In preparation of this all, I went and let an altbomb explode on Bloodhoof (Alliance side).

I've got a lvl 9 mage, and a 9 pally for starters so far. I switched sides in the process seeing I allready know my way around a big part of the horde territory, and when starting over it might as well be new surroundings as well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 8:02 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

EvilNeileeeee wrote:
You should get your hunter to 60 and try and get on the giving end of it for some relaxation perhaps?

If you change server now, what will happen to your wolf? You'll have the RSPCA crawling all over your back, not to mention if you let repayments and road tax lapse he could even get repossesed. :)

EN

Been thinking alot about this and I still wanna get dacovale to 60, but there are problems with this thinking.

1vs1 Hunters are not great at high level. They hold their own to around 50 but after that the pet dps and lack of decent holding abilities hurt them alot. I have noticed it at lower levels, I have a trap (if I am not bounced) and concussive shot to stop/slow people who are after me. After that I have to switch to melee to slow people and with hunter melee that's not a great idea tbh.

Just about any melee class hands me my arse up close and just about any mage class beats my dps from range. The worst are druids as they just root and then come and stand in my dead range where I can neither melee nor shoot and take me out.

The final point here is that I don't find ganking amusing or relaxing in any way. Balanced fair pvp can be fun, but me jumping a low level just isn't fun for me.

I started an alliance alt last night on hell scream for scattered conclave mini-me event, and that's where I am at the moment. If I do make a switch to a normal server, I think I still prefer horde over alliance. I just love orcs, taurens and undead models, when I look at alliance I like the night elf moves, if not the models that much and I like gnomes :)

I'd rather stick with horde I guess. Having said that, I'm not sure I am ready to make a switch yet. I want to give it a good chance for the honour patch to even out first

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:08 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

mongoose wrote:
Just about any melee class hands me my arse up close and just about any mage class beats my dps from range. The worst are druids as they just root and then come and stand in my dead range where I can neither melee nor shoot and take me out.

:? As a shaman being middle group on all I have a similar problem, there are better melee classes and there are better ranged classes. If i try and take a hunter from distance I may as well just start running closer to the spirit healer so I have less distance to run back, same as if I try and take a rogue or warrior up close. You should be kiting melee classes. DPS wise the high level hunters I know do 1-2k dmg with a crit, I've done 1k max and mages and druids I know do about 800-1k. The rooting is an issue but then it's an issue for everyone atm, restorative elixir is the only thing to combat it atm or you could down a free action potion before you get rooted but that's not too practical. As for not being great in 1 v 1 the only solution to that is never be in a 1v1 situation. I play with a rogue and hunter and we have a fairly good pvp system working, the hunter does the damage, the rogue watches his backand I heal, do damage and help keep the enemy at range. 1v1 you'll get your ass handed to you but in mass pvp you do a hell of a lot more damage than I do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:58 am 
Sooooooooooooooooooopaman !!!

Eventually remembered my log in details for this place.

Will get my hunter to 60 eventually just have to play at unsociable times when the children are asleep I guess. Not really looking to solo in PvP unless im in BG anyhow, if im doing pvp outside BG i will hopefully be with others so that i can be left to do some damage from a distance.

Anyway all the CS servers seem to be really poor lately on shot reg so ill be making more of an effort to get some levels and catch you guys up.

Cal

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:27 pm 
Dyed Ginger
Dyed Ginger

I to have been fed up with the ganking, its the main reason I havent taken any alt past 20. The normal servers are much more like DAoC PvE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 12:33 pm 
Dyed Ginger
Dyed Ginger

Right, Im gonnagive WoW a rest for a few days seeif you guys decide on a new server.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 1:30 pm 
Sooooooooooooooooooopaman !!!

I will tag along on any new server venture, maybe the kick start i need to get back into it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 3:50 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

If we do a new server thing we should make it a bit of an sc minime event imo :)

Pick a pve server, and set times on when we play our chars so we run as a group and do stuff like instances and group grind quests and the what not :D

I think that would be a bit of a laugh and we could get quite a few nice items and the what not :D

M

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 6:22 pm 
Dyed Ginger
Dyed Ginger

I would love to, but my shift usually preclude me from playing at regular times.

Let me know the server though and I'll join for the company more than the groupage, you planning on going Alliance ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 9:07 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

If I start on another server it won't necessarily be in full replacement to shadow moon.

For a minime event I would suggest we stick to horde as we know the score to 40 at least in terms of zones and quests.

I'm easy what realm we play but would prefer the following classes, undead mage, taureen shaman or undead warlock. ;)

Cheers

EN

| ASBO Allstar | Gypo Jihad | EvilNeileeeee | Gnorty Rascal | Kylie Age 8 | PSIco | Huntcliff | Bruv #1 | Eyema GonnaTakeYouToAGheyBar |

Last edited by EvilNeileeeee on Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005 11:25 pm 
Dirty Daoc Player

I'm easy. If people want to move to a PvE server then I'll start an alt afresh too but I've put too much work in to leave my priest so he'll still be my main. I have a lev9 human warrior on Hellscream. I seem to be playing at weird times atm so a mini-me event won't work for me. Oh.. and I don't want to roll another priest.

Sift.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 7:18 am 
Clanger!

I'll hold on and see how the patch works out before making a decission. If the patch screws the gameplay up as much as some people fear I will be moving to a pve server, and probably alliance side. I've played a pally to level 10 in no time, and starter quests are just as easy as they are on the horde side.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:03 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I can only see it being a bad thing if you're either A-a solo-er with no guild, or B a low level. At higher levels the only things worth killing require a group anyways so as long as you keep an eye out it should be fine. I got ganked the other night by a pala, rogue and mage of the same level as me and I expect more of it but the good thing is I now have their names, although I won't be ganking innocents I'm certainly keen on revenge so the more gankers around the better :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005 1:38 pm 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

I'm a soloer and I'm guildless. These last 2 levels are gonna be the toughest I've ever played.