Warlock...

Post subject: Warlock...
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 8:06 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I had no idea the Warlock was so broken until I read this official list...

Quote:
Due to the belief that I have seen expressed concerning whether or not important Warlock issues are being addressed and concerns being read, I've detailed a list of the current status of several issues (not a comprehensive list) that have been reported. I would like to emphasize that this thread will be updated only as often as new information is presented to me. Changes take time and your patience is necessary, especially considering that there are nine character classes that need attention, and each player, regardless of their class, are equally important to us.

Eight Debuff Limit - 4/12/05

The development team is analyzing the current affect of having this specific limitation in place and plan to make adjustments in the future which will allow for more than eight debuff effects. At this time, I do not have an estimate as to when changes in this area will be made.

Soul Shard Management - 4/12/05

We're aware that the current iteration of managing soul shards creates an inconvenience for the Warlock player. There are plans in motion for a special bag equipable only by Warlocks that should ease this burden. There has been much speculation as to how this bag will work, and concerns to its effectiveness but I ask that you refrain from passing judgment until it is live on the realms, or at the very least, until more specific information has been made available. There are no plans to allow for soul shard stacking at this time.

Soul Shard (PvP) - 4/12/05

Eventually, soul shards will be obtainable by the Warlock when killing a player that is considered honorable. Other means of obtaining soul shards in PvP are still being investigated. If you have suggestions, please post them in the Suggestion forum, or create a constructive post expressing your views in this forum.

Update - 4/29/05: In the next content patch, Warlocks will be able to obtain soul shards in situations where Honorable Kills are awarded. In addition, the "Spirit Guide" NPCs that resurrect players in Battlegrounds will resurrect the Warlock's last summoned pet.

Demonology - 4/12/05

While the specific plans of changes to this tree are still being discussed, players should rest assured that a comprehensive list of concerns have been made known to the development team. One of the main focuses of the patch scheduled to release after the one currently on the test realm is in making changes to this tree. As soon as decisions have been made I will report back with the list of improvements. Please note, this does not indicate in any way that talents in the other two trees will be neglected.

Update - 5/09/05: The next patch will include the following improvements to the Warlock's Demonology talent tree.

# Improved Voidwalker - This talent will now increases all Voidwalker spells including Sacrifice by 10/20/30%.
# Improved Succubus - Placing points in this talent will now improve Succubus spells by 10/20/30%.
# Master Summoner - In addition to decreasing casting time of summoning the Imp, Voidwalker, Succubus and Felhunter, it now reduces mana cost by 20/40%.
# Demonic Sacrifice - This ability Is now instant cast.
# Improved Firestone - This talent will now also improve bonus Fire spell damage when a Firestones is equipped by 15/30%.
# Improved Enslave Demon - In addition to reducing the attack and casting speed penalty of enslaved demons, chance to resist is now reduced by 2/4/6/8/10%.

Update - 5/11/05: After speaking with the development team earlier today reiterating the desire many have expressed to see a dedicated Felhunter talent in the Demonology tree, I've been informed that some of other improvements coming for Demonology (which I will announce shortly) will further enhance the Felhunter pet.

End Game Pets - 4/12/05

We're aware that both the Doom Guard and Infernal need additional polish and will continue to analyze their current role in the game and make changes until we're satisfied that they are viable, yet balanced.

Update - 4/25/05: The development team is currently working to make improvements to the guaranteed enslavement time of the Infernal when first summoned. While other changes and polish will be made to end-game pets over the next several months, this adjustment, once made, should make Warlocks feel more comfortable using this particular summon.

Update - 5/09/05: Upon the release of the next content patch, the summoned Infernal will now be enslaved for a guaranteed 5 minutes before turning on its summoner.

Pet Pathing Issues - 4/12/05

While the next patch will fix the bug that was causing players to lose their pet upon porting to another location on the same continent, we're aware that there are other outstanding pet pathing issues. Some are related to general realm performance such as lag, while others are specific coding issues which are Quality Assurance Department is investigating.

Update - 5/10/05: The next content patch will improve pet speed during non-combat travel so that your pet will have a much easier time following you. Please keep in mind, other improvements in this area are underway.

Lacking Escape/Defense Abilities - 4/12/05

Your concerns in this area have been made known to all parties involved in the decision making process and I will provide an update concerning what plans, if any, are in motion to help Warlock players in this regard once I receive the appropriate information.

Eyonix - 4/12/05

I'm quite aware of your concerns as they pertain to the "Eyonix" issue. The development team is working on implementing a /eyonix command available only to Warlocks which will summon the whelpling directly to the player's doorstep in the case that responses to important issues are not given in an acceptable time frame.

Being Dispelled - 4/12/05

The development team is actually in the process of analyzing many of the spells which are currently susceptible to removal and while they do feel that most which can be dispelled, should be dispellable, they feel that there may exist a few spells that shouldn't. Further information on this posted as soon as it is passed along to me.

Enslave Demon - 4/12/05

I'm aware of the concerns you've expressed before and after patch 3 went live, and have passed them to the development team. The last patch made no intentional changes to Enslave Demon and our Quality Assurance Department is investigating your reports.

Update - 4/20/05: After extensive testing our Quality Assurance Department confirmed that Enslave Demon is working now, just as it did before patch 3 was released. In addition, the testing results were provided to the Development Team who verified that the numbers match exactly with that of the spells intended effectiveness.

Taken from here

| ASBO Allstar | Gypo Jihad | EvilNeileeeee | Gnorty Rascal | Kylie Age 8 | PSIco | Huntcliff | Bruv #1 | Eyema GonnaTakeYouToAGheyBar |

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 11:27 am 
HAI KARATE!!!!!11

You guys badly needed the new soul shard stuff and its about time they recognised it (shouldve been higher up the list of to-do's than hunter fixes imo).

Dunno about increasing the max debuff limit tho. Anymore than 8 and they should start cancelling each other out like Montgomery Burns' diseases ;)

And if they can stop your pets from despawning when you cross boundaires, maybe they can stop rogues poisons disappearing too :D

[15:54:29] Dacovale > just a flying visit to transer some isk to my new mining char

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 1:39 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

If they just allowed the shards to stack in bundles of 5 it would be a massive help to the class. No special bag malarkey needed.

EN

| ASBO Allstar | Gypo Jihad | EvilNeileeeee | Gnorty Rascal | Kylie Age 8 | PSIco | Huntcliff | Bruv #1 | Eyema GonnaTakeYouToAGheyBar |