duping exploit?

Post subject: duping exploit?
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 7:36 am 
Clanger!

Yesterday I was a bit surprised at seeing 6x Lord Alexander's Battle Axe on the AH. You don't see them very often on the AH and when they do they are going for between 100 and 150g.

Now I'm reading this:
Duping Exploit Rocks Azeroth!
Posted by Cob on July 19, 2005, 10:30 AM
Rumors Confirmed
A duplication exploit hit cheat sites on the 18th, and was probably in circulation earlier than that. Exploiters were crashing the instance servers by repeatedly zoning in, and using that to duplicate gold and epic items.

Blizzard has acknowledged the problems on their European and US forums.

"The weekly maintenance has been extended while we investigate the validity of the claims regarding a possible exploit in the game. We remind our players that discussing possible exploits on the official forums is a violation of the Code of Conduct, and such threads will be deleted without prior notice." - Tyren

It's safe to assume that Blizzard is aware of this, and we may be seeing a server-wide rollback if they can't track down those exploiting this. I'm sure everyone is going to be very upset over any rollbacks, but dupers typically launder their spoils, sending it through a network of auction house, character and bank transfers.

Knowing Blizzard's reputation of preventing cheaters, I do not doubt that they will be very heavy handed on those who were abusing the game in this manner.

Link to message: http://www.goblinworkshop.com/ or http://www.goblinworkshop.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=239377

Luke

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:09 am 
Epix Whore

I saw 4 last night, 2 from the same seller, 1 from someone else and someone in general wanting to sell.

:/