Plug and play

Post subject: Plug and play
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:17 pm 
Dyed Ginger
Dyed Ginger

Im looking for a new mouse (mainly to play wow with), somet with programmable buttons etc so i can spam my one attack while my other hand is "free", that doesnt look ugly. Was looking at:

http://www.play.com/PC/PCs/-/673/880/-/7956484/SteelSeries-World-Of-Warcraft-USB-Gaming-Mouse/Product.html?searchtype=genre

(obviously look for it cheaper elsewhere).

Anyone got any better ideas or tips for what i should look for

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:40 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/productli ... =priceDesc

Pretty much anything from there, the steel series is also cheaper, but not available.

My recommendation from that list would be this http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showprodu ... =KB-000-RC as the reviews for it are all fantastic and it looks the dogs, although it is mainly aimed towards FPS gaming so might not be all that great due to button limitations on WoW. There are some with loads of buttons but I cba to look more than I already have :)

OcUk is the place to order from though IMO, theyre cheap, reliable and the delivery service is generally second to none.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 4:07 pm 
Dyed Ginger
Dyed Ginger

some nice mice there, and even just glancing at the prices ive seen its alot cheaper than everywhere else

awesome man, much appreciated

thinking http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=KB-017-RA

more buttons and slightly cheaper

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 5:42 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Cant really go wrong with a razr. A word of warning though Ive heard from a lot of people they can be quite uncomfortable to use over long periods but Ive never had a problem when Ive used one and know plenty of people who dont either.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:08 pm 
Dyed Ginger
Dyed Ginger

cheers matey, and i shouldnt worry, my hands get plenty of action with uncomfortable tools ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 6:30 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Best mouse I ever had was the Logitech MX1000, had the MX500 before that and it was good too. If I could warrant spending that much on a mouse again I'd definately be looking at the newer versions from them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:52 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

macey wrote:
Cant really go wrong with a razr. A word of warning though Ive heard from a lot of people they can be quite uncomfortable to use over long periods but Ive never had a problem when Ive used one and know plenty of people who dont either.

seconded, although I think they're slightly too light. Might just be me though. Logitech had a brilliant mouse back in the day, mx500 or sommat like that, goddamn perfect. Then they stopped producing it. There's a similar, wireless model out now, but it's wireless so it's automatically shit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:40 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Ive always had logitech gear, current mouse is the Mx Revolution, I think its fantastic, best all round mouse Ive ever used, only problem is that, being wireless its not the most accurate mouse in FPS, but it doesnt hinder me enough to make me want to get a new one though. I bought it as soon as it was released for £90 and dont even regret spending that much on a mouse, so it must be good!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:01 pm 
Dyed Ginger
Dyed Ginger

im a bit of a noob where hardware is concerned, my current mouse is a microsoft one and does the job, only really play fps single player so not really needed accuracy much.

really need to upgrade my pc though, gettin a bit archaic and i dont really know enough about hardware to know where to start.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:34 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Your best bet if you dont know anything is to either talk to someone about it on WoW as they will know what spec you need to get going and you can then place an order for that, or go into a local custom pc shop in your area and tell them what you want to be able to do, your budget and then theyll put the best rig they can together for you, or go to an online custom pc builder like cyberpower and just pick a rig that you can afford.

When I started out I went with the local shop as its easy to go to for advice and if anything goes wrong you dont have to pay to have the pc courriered back to the other end of the country which is always helpful. That pc did have some problems, but after a few months of working them out, it worked perfectly well for 4 years and I was then able to choose exactly what I wanted when I bought my new pc which was nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:57 pm 
Dyed Ginger
Dyed Ginger

i know enough to put hardware in and change memory etc. Its just stuff like memory types and motherboard / power compatibility that throws me.

tbh with enough google time id be able to figure it out but after work fiddling with pc's all day last thing i wanna do is research the bloody things.

May post my spec when i get home and ask you guys whats best to start with, was thinking graphics as mine currently is:

XFX 9400GT 512MB DDR2 VGA DVI HDTV Out PCI-E Graphics Card

and it does the trick running wow windowed with vista 32bit buisness (with all the flash stuff running, i gotta admit i like it)

But some full screen games like hellgate chug to fuck and RA3 needs turning down to run smoothly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:45 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Hmm, the ASUS website has a motherboard compatibility spec checking thingy, theres a link in a post I made on the technical forums somewhere...

[edit] on this thread in fact http://beta.fun4forums.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=7087