Fucking BT!

Post subject: Fucking BT!
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:22 pm 
Dirty Daoc Player

Why can't the fucking company employ someone who can understand my voice, who I can understand and doesn't feel the need to continually talk over the top of me when I'm trying to explain? All I want is my fucking address and direct debit sorted, without having to talk to that fucking VRU again or the inevitable 'Asian colleague' that I get put through to. I'm fucking busy and need a quick, efficient service not a fucking runaround on every single fucking front.

Don't bother responding, this is a rant and they're a bunch of Arsenal Supporters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:32 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

If I can't manage my account online I don't use the company.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:38 pm 
Dirty Daoc Player

So we put in a request for a new line, which Jane's work have paid for. BT came and wired the internals at the house after a week, which was great. Unfortunately, to connect the line they have to dig up our road to connect to a bury point. Another BT engineer came the same day and said that he couldn't do the digging and proceeded to check the internals again; great. We waited a while and the contractors came and dug up the road where BT asked. Unfortunately BT got it wrong so had to fill the hole in again. Two neanderthal contractors turned up again today and, after kicking away all the mushrooms from the grass outside our house, proceeded to dig up another bit of the road, much to the annoyance of our neighbours. Lo and behold they have 'disturbed' the cables to the point that our phone and broadband now do not work at all. I think 'disturbed' is a rather weak statement given the gouges in the cable caused by the digger they were using. Luckily these trustworthy chaps placed a call immediately to report the damage, which I was assured would be dealt with today. On phoning BT and holding for many minutes, while I progressed up the queue, I find that no such damage report has been placed and we are looking at end of day Monday to get our service back. I am having to work from my Grandmother's, which is actually quite nice because I get constant offers of cups of tea and apple pie. Being not overly happy, I escalated this as much as I could and spoke to a 'coach' Michael, who has raised a damage report for me and somewhat inconfidently guaranteed me that I would receive an updated call within 4 hours.

So in summary:
An extra service has been purchased but not delivered and they've managed to fuck up an existing service and my life until they deem to fix it. And... apparently we're getting neighbours knocking on our door asking when we are going to get it fixed as their line is out too. We're really popular in our new home :)

If there was another service provider to take, I really would. Currently, I will stay resigned to shit service and incompetence.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 4:16 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

What is it you do that lets you "work" from home so often? I'm the only one in my company who doesn't work from home despite me having better computers and net access at home. Not to mention I program much better late at night.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 7:23 pm 
Clanger!

Sift wrote:
Lo and behold they have 'disturbed' the cables to the point that our phone and broadband now do not work at all.

Sift wrote:
On phoning BT and holding for many minutes, while I progressed up the queue

That's odd...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:32 pm 
Dirty Daoc Player

KuifJe wrote:
Sift wrote:
Lo and behold they have 'disturbed' the cables to the point that our phone and broadband now do not work at all.

Sift wrote:
On phoning BT and holding for many minutes, while I progressed up the queue

That's odd...

Sift wrote:
I am having to work from my Grandmother's

:P

@Beans - I am an online camera sex worker mate. Have to get my kit off and make raunchy conversations with hairy US truckers, while following their every instruction. I'll bung you a link.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:36 pm 
Dirty Daoc Player

I have to say though... after being a real git and do my best agrieved customer bit, the poor Michael guy organised an engineer to be at my house, called me back to say so and then called me back later tonight to ask if it was fixed; which it was as the engineer was already working on the dodgy cables by the time I got back from my Nan's. An end result being customer care which is almost worth the money I pay them. I give Michael 4 MacDonalds stars and a years free subscription to my online sex camera service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 7:44 am 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Sift wrote:
@Beans - I am an online camera sex worker mate. Have to get my kit off and make raunchy conversations with hairy US truckers, while following their every instruction. I'll bung you a link.

And your Grandma comes to offer you tea and pie whilst you do this? Thats some freaky service you offer old boy!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:28 pm 
Sooooooooooooooooooopaman !!!

fs sifty, you pay £8.64 pence a month for a fucking internet connection what do you expect :p

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:44 am 
Dirty Daoc Player

Haha. Glad to see you have absorbed the Goosefest conversations.... more beer needed next time then.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:21 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Yeah, and you're not being asked to cough up the ten grand it's costing to dig things up and connect your fucking hobbit hole to the internet. SOme people are never happy.