Ginger!
Ginger!

Sky are gonna be terribad :(

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsp ... 550930.stm

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 3:07 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

I know Murdoch is a tosser and all, but Sky Sports has transformed both Footie and Rugby coverage and analysis. It's got to the point now when I'm disappointed if a rugby match is on BBC / ITV as they are rank amatuers in comparison. The recent ITV footy world cup experience where they missed kick offs and goals for ad breaks would never happen on Sky.

That said, I hate giving my money to Murdoch and I hate it when people have to pay extra to watch stuff of national interest. It's a shame it's gone to them, but I don't think the coverage will be worse.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 4:34 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

It just depends what they do, the last 2 years the coverage on the bbc has improved massively and Ive been really impressed this season with the coverage before and after the races.

I dont think that the coverage on sky will be any worse, it will probably be better, if they get the right people on board, but I dont want to have to fork out £45 a month to be able to watch the races, it also makes me wonder why I bother paying a licence fee as there is nothing left on bbc that I watch other than Top Gear these days.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 7:58 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Well currently it looks like sky will show all races live with qualy and practice also live.

BBC will show half the races live with qualy and practice still shown and the other half will be done in highlights - but its open to BBC wether they do a full rerun of it or reduce it down to a condensed version.

For me i dont mind it on sky but just hope they keep the adverts to a few, prefer none but thats not likely to happen.

With the BBC F1 Has always and will always be the best coverage no adverts and no leaving the tv because it overruns to the next program - Just have to look at the Canadian grand prix for that 4hour epic that we did not miss a single minute of.

I do not like that BBC will only show half the races live.

Tis the time for WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGHHHHH

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2011 9:02 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Sky have said that adverts will be limited to before and after the race so that shouldnt be an issue. I just hate having to pay for something that I feel I should get for free. Im glad the bbc have saved wimbledon coverage, but I dont see why that should come at the cost of the F1.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 8:23 am 
Hi I Got Banned Coz Im a Spamming Cunt

It will all come down to viewing figures at the end of the day.

I cant see that Bernie wont be keeping a close eye on how many viewers Sky are getting compared to Auntie Beebs & ITVs coverage of recent years.
He knows the big money is in the sponsorship and the sponsors want as bigger audience as possible. If viewing figures dip thats bad news for sponsors who may pull out etc etc .. Sky Sports customer base revolves around Premier League football not Motor Racing, Look at A1 GP, that folded due to lack of support. F1 will never win a Sky Sports veiwing war when it clashes with a Premier League match.

Best coverage of the F1 used to be on Eurosport imo ..

Akemi wrote:
Never ever thought i would say this, but... i agree with Xui... damn i feel like i need a shower now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 10:39 am 

I seem to have the same view as Murray Walker regarding the deal.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/formul ... z1TZtXkdu2

Akemi wrote:
Never ever thought i would say this, but... i agree with Xui... damn i feel like i need a shower now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2011 4:49 pm 
Ginger!
Ginger!

Touring Cars has always been better viewing than F1 anyways.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 31, 2011 7:24 pm 
N.S.F.W.

macey wrote:
... it also makes me wonder why I bother paying a licence fee as there is nothing left on bbc that I watch other than Top Gear these days.

If you don't pay most of my mates will be out of work, the beeb film almost all their drama/entertainment through BBC Wales.
:wink:

Looks like most sport will go pay to view unfortunately. Still I hear the beeb is lining up the world tiddlywinks championship though.

You rawk Gynggyr :D You're undoubtedly my favourite welsh c*nt.
I was gonna write more, but I came directly after finishing the above sentence...

Post subject: Re: F1 ruined :(
PostPosted: Wed Aug 05, 2015 8:45 am 
Ginger Quiff with Crimson Low Lights

Heh, it's interesting to see this topic again a few years on.

Not necessarily for the F1, but for current state of play of TV. I don't even have a TV licence any more, I realised that there isn't anything on TV that I am compelled to watch live or that I can't stream online, if ever I was watching I'd spend more and more time channel hopping just to try find something that would hold my interest for 10 minutes never mind a whole show.

I watch all the TV I want online now, either via XBMC, iplayers or some streaming sites, Movies too. I prefer to watch series of tv show's back to back episodes than week to week since it helps to keep the immersion of the character arcs and story lines, and rarely do I even see an advert.

Anywho, it's an interesting topic to resurrect, and it'll be interesting to see what the state of affairs will be in 5 years, will the Beeb as we have always known it still even exist?

WoW (Bloodhoof) - Pogmahone 70 Priest, Pogmashon 70 Shaman
EQ1 (Cazic Thule) - Pohok 67 Shadowkinght
Neopets - Pogmashon
EVE - Pogmashone
Secret World (Grim) - Shannon "Glaeva" Feng QL5 (Dragon)